My Lotus Garage - website? - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community
 4Likes
  • 4 Post By exigegus

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-29-2017, 05:33 AM Thread Starter

My Lotus Garage - website?

Good morning,

Does anyone know if "My Lotus Garage" is still an active website?

When I go to checkout I get a warning from my computer which says,

"There is a problem with this website’s security certificate.

The security certificate presented by this website has expired or is not yet valid.

Security certificate problems may indicate an attempt to fool you or intercept any data you send to the server.

We recommend that you close this webpage and do not continue to this website
."

"The more you sweat in peace - the less you bleed in war"

Amat Victoria Curam
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-29-2017, 06:00 AM

Garage
They've removed their certificate, sounds like it expired. I do not recommend using any credit cards through a site that is not encrypted. Furthermore, I would not recommend spending any dollars with that company--some of the worst service I've had. They are also not to be confused with lotusgarage.com, the mylotusgarage guys may have intentionally tried to confuse people by naming themselves so similar to a vendor with a better reputation.

If you buy something from them, make sure to come back here and post in a few months when you received it.

post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-29-2017, 06:20 AM

MLG is the worst, and is just 1 small step short of being an outright scam website. Use Lotus garage or any other vendor before you use them.

2007 Exige S with almost every track mod...

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-29-2017, 07:03 AM

Thumbs down MyLotusGarage.com = Flow Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfennell View Post
MLG is the worst, and is just 1 small step short of being an outright scam website. Use Lotus garage or any other vendor before you use them.
Flow Lotus = MyLotusGarage.com

Flow Lotus is the same douchbags that started MyLotusGarage.com to steal business from LotusGarage.com, a subsidiary of British Racing Group LLC that has been in operation since 2006!

EVERYONE should boycott MyLotusGarage.com and Flow Lotus......it's not like they don't suck anyway!!

Thread: https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f93/...nymore-338842/

08 Exige S240 - Chrome Orange
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-29-2017, 07:44 AM

Well..... I purchased my 2014 Evora from Flow Lotus and was absolutely thrilled with the entire experience, especially since it was purchased over the phone...car came perfect..all service up to date...took care of shipping right to my door!
Attached Images

post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-29-2017, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poorichard View Post
Well..... I purchased my 2014 Evora from Flow Lotus and was absolutely thrilled with the entire experience, especially since it was purchased over the phone...car came perfect..all service up to date...took care of shipping right to my door!
Well your opinions are bad and you should feel bad. Sure they help you when you are giving them big money, but try to buy some parts from them. Let us know how it goes. Shame on you for defending them.

2007 Exige S with almost every track mod...
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-29-2017, 08:46 AM

I think that is overly harsh, the guy is, as far as we know, describing his actual experience with a vendor. That it does not align with the common opinion is not anything he should be ashamed of
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-29-2017, 08:57 AM
Wingless Wonder

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by exigegus View Post
I think that is overly harsh, the guy is, as far as we know, describing his actual experience with a vendor. That it does not align with the common opinion is not anything he should be ashamed of
+1

Poorichard is right to express his satisfaction with Flow. I know they bent over backwards to give him everything he was entitled to, even AFTER the sale.

But hey, it's possible that the new-car-sales organization is OK but the Parts Sales division is not...

Atwell Haines
'88 Esprit
Succasunna, NJ USA

"Not all angels have wings." - Turbo R
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-29-2017, 09:10 AM

I doubt MyLotusGarage.com even exists....

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbuff View Post
But hey, it's possible that the new-car-sales organization is OK but the Parts Sales division is not...
I called Flow Lotus one time and asked for the person that handles their MyLotusGarge.com website as I wanted to check if a part was in stock, and they said they've never heard of MyLotusGarge.com and wasn't aware they had a website for ordering parts online. However, at the bottom of the MyLotusGarge.com website, it says...

"©2005 - 2017 Flow Lotus, LLC - All Rights Reserved. 3251 Healy Drive, Winston Salem NC 27103
MyLotusGarage.com is independently owned and operated by Flow Lotus, LLC, an authorized independent reseller of Lotus parts. This site is not owned or operated by Lotus Corporation.".

Personally, I will NEVER order from a website that doesn't list a phone number..... OR..... a business that tries to steal business from another by making "MyLotusGarage.com", when "LotusGarage.com" has been around for 7 years!!

Still unsure? Read this thread!! https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f93/...nymore-338842/

08 Exige S240 - Chrome Orange
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-29-2017, 12:27 PM Thread Starter

Thanks

Thanks for the info guys.

I went to the other website recommended and placed my order

Appreciate the help!
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-29-2017, 06:23 PM

Definitely not ashamed of doing business with Flow Lotus......probably will purchase my next car from them too!
As far as their website parts department, I never had any experience with them and made no comment concerning that.....so "Kfennel" re-read my post........and I do forgive you for being so.....well you know, enough said.
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-18-2018, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parko View Post
They've removed their certificate, sounds like it expired. I do not recommend using any credit cards through a site that is not encrypted. Furthermore, I would not recommend spending any dollars with that company--some of the worst service I've had. They are also not to be confused with lotusgarage.com, the mylotusgarage guys may have intentionally tried to confuse people by naming themselves so similar to a vendor with a better reputation.

If you buy something from them, make sure to come back here and post in a few months when you received it.
If the certificate is expired is it the same thing as someone giving you their driver's license as proof and it's expired. This does not mean the site is not encrypted. The site is still encrypted. It mean's that when someone goes to authenticate with you, your computer takes the license to the DMV that issued it and the DMV confirms if the License is in good standing and this time the Authority (Certificate Authority) said it's expired. In the real world if your a security nutt you shouldn't trust it but in reality the expired Cert grants 100% the same protection as one in good standing. The reason why the certificate expires is that CA's assume that they or their client with the certificate will get hacked or have a security breach and after 3 years it is unlikely that neither of the two won't to some degree. This forces the user to get a new certificate to resolve that error message.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-18-2018, 11:09 AM
Saffron Yellow is Lighter

They have let the cert lapse, and their CC processing is also currently broken. The only way to process an order is to email them. They will then send you a PayPal invoice so you can make payment and process the order.

'05 Lotus Elise - Saffron Yellow | Sport Pack | Touring Pack | REV400 - 5.6 lbs/hp | ACT HDSS Clutch | DMC Header | Sport Cat | Larini SE Exhaust | Monolites/R888R | BWR Double-Adjustable Shocks | shiftR111/LETSLA/SSC Cables | Shorai Lithium-Iron Battery
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-21-2018, 08:31 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicholas Danger Hall View Post
If the certificate is expired is it the same thing as someone giving you their driver's license as proof and it's expired. This does not mean the site is not encrypted. The site is still encrypted. It mean's that when someone goes to authenticate with you, your computer takes the license to the DMV that issued it and the DMV confirms if the License is in good standing and this time the Authority (Certificate Authority) said it's expired. In the real world if your a security nutt you shouldn't trust it but in reality the expired Cert grants 100% the same protection as one in good standing. The reason why the certificate expires is that CA's assume that they or their client with the certificate will get hacked or have a security breach and after 3 years it is unlikely that neither of the two won't to some degree. This forces the user to get a new certificate to resolve that error message.
I understand how a PKI works, but when I wrote that a month or so ago, it appeared they had just turned off SSL/TLS altogether, probably to avoid the warning that site visitors were getting. I agree it's better turned back on with an expired cert, but regardless, they are far off from best practices here. Consider that the right tech shop would probably fix this for under $250 including a cert, and in less than 1 hour. The fact that this issue has dragged on for months and that they have resorted to emailing paypal invoices says something about their organizational management and care for normally accepted modern business standards.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Marketplace > Aftermarket Suppliers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in