New Really Light Stuff - Page 2 - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 49 (permalink) Old 12-21-2015, 10:22 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by freshyip View Post
I just rang up Jay's Cellphone number 720-280-5459 and is absolutely reachable regarding a belt that i have purchased from them.

Its Christmas, cut the guys some slack!

I called him on Friday last week, with no response to my message. I cut people a lot of slack, but sometimes it's evident when a company does not want your business. It's a shame, since they have great products.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 49 (permalink) Old 12-21-2015, 11:38 AM

Just goes to show ANYONE can BUY a business, but not EVERYONE knows how, or has the time to RUN a business. Email and phone communication is a MUST.

I've bought from RLS in the past, but I don't and won't beg any business to take my money.

08 Exige S240 - Chrome Orange
post #23 of 49 (permalink) Old 12-21-2015, 03:48 PM

Huuu. As a supplier to him, he replies my email

S240 Exige S with BOE FW300 + over 40 mods

post #24 of 49 (permalink) Old 12-22-2015, 03:17 AM
Stealthy Blackmobile

and i thought christmas was some kinda big thing for white people?

wow i hope all the big swinging d!cks above with such harsh comments are buying half a car of parts instead of just a few items to be this pissed off

i purchased a belt from RLS which has bounced back to them. after my phone call with Jay 18 hours ago, he located the part right away and has dropped it off immediately to his nearest post office and emailed me a tracking at his own costs and my location is the Far East.

now i don't know Jay personally, but i will thank him for making things right no matter whose fault it is.

i will continue to buy from RLS in the future.

"...Make Every Road Your Own....."
2007 Lotus Exige S
post #25 of 49 (permalink) Old 12-22-2015, 03:28 AM

Quote:

wow i hope all the big swinging d!cks above with such harsh comments are buying half a car of parts instead of just a few items to be this pissed off

i purchased a belt from RLS which has bounced back to them. after my phone call with Jay 18 hours ago, he located the part right away and has dropped it off immediately to his nearest post office and emailed me a tracking at his own costs and my location is the Far East.

now i don't know Jay personally, but i will thank him for making things right no matter whose fault it is.

freshyip dude, your comment is too harsh and prejudice.

Hope you brought tons of parts from RLS and some were CF from me.

post #26 of 49 (permalink) Old 12-22-2015, 05:40 AM

Quote:

Ok Who is Jay.

Austin runs RLS now. And my complaint rests with his Lack of communication. And yes. Ive been waiting for a part for 3 months now. So i have every single right to be annoyed ESPECIALLY when Austin doesnt reply to emails.
post #27 of 49 (permalink) Old 12-22-2015, 06:58 AM

I ordered an windshield mirror October paid through PayPal. After no response for 6 weeks I gave up and started a claim on PayPal, escalated to a dispute and 30 days later I finally received my $ back in my account. RLS NEVER responded, contacted or attempted to resolve the issues...

This was my first time trying to use RLS, and my last. What's wrong with the folks? It ain't Christmas that is the problem here!

2006 Elise with BOE 400 supercharger and some aero mods, CRF floating oversized rotors, MCS single adjust coil overs, CRF exhaust, CRF sway bar w/adjustable link, mono-ball pivots, machined steer arms, baffled oil pan, CRF titanium toe link brace, hardened motor mounts, Ethos wheels w/Yoko slicks
post #28 of 49 (permalink) Old 12-22-2015, 09:34 AM

Jay is the co-owner of RLS and has been a silent partner to date. I provide RLS office and warehouse space.

Austin's recent communication has not been acceptable and this have been voiced on this forum. I and just recently became
aware of this by reading comments on the forum. Prospects and customers should not have to track him down to place orders
or get updates, this is not how successful businesses operate and this is not how RLS will operate going forward.

As his business partner I do apologize for OUR poor communication and personally take responsibility to fix it. My first task was to
post my mobile number (720-280-5459) in this thread and invite people to contact me. Everybody that has called I have either
answered the call or returned their call within 24 business hours. Orders that were ready were shipped yesterday and this morning.
A few partial order were also shipped (note side scoop air ducting is back ordered).

From this response you can see the I'm Rev5252 on this forum and drive a black 2007 Lotus Exige S. I encourage you to contact me
and I will help with whatever you need.
post #29 of 49 (permalink) Old 12-22-2015, 09:35 AM
KCZ

Garage
This is a shame. I bought some side mirrors from Thomasio last year which completely eliminated the blind spots in my Evora. I've been recommending them to anyone that will listen, but I can't keep doing that if RLS has become this unreliable. I hope the new owners are reading this thread.

2011 Evora S 2+2 in Persian Blue with Oyster
2003 350Z, Track edition
2013 Boxster S 981
2014 Xterra, for 6 months of winter and mud season
post #30 of 49 (permalink) Old 12-22-2015, 09:47 AM

Thanks for the update, Jay.

2005 Nightfall Blue Elise: Sport, Touring, Quantum Zeros, Pro Alloy, BWR De-Cat, Stage II, BOE Torque200 tune
post #31 of 49 (permalink) Old 12-22-2015, 09:50 AM

The new owners are reading this thread and there are 8 pairs of the mirrors for Evora in inventory.

I also have the ExtendedView mirrors on my Exige.
post #32 of 49 (permalink) Old 12-28-2015, 05:45 PM
...call me a space cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyne View Post
Tom, I understand what you are saying. I think the stark contrast of your diligent follow up ...

Not my experience but happy he responded to you timely. Kevin on the other hand was very responsive.

2005 Elise (Build #65) - Nightfall Blue| BOE QS!!| BOE Clamhinge| REV400TVS | JCR Race Prepped Cylinder Head | ACT HDSS | BOE Wet Sump v1.1 | Oil Pump Gear | BOE Surge Tank | BOE Catch Can | RLS Wide Scoops w/NCI-BOE Conversion Kit | MP Custom Carpet Kit
2002 Dodge Dak 4x4
1992 HD Fxstc
1967 Sunbeam Alpine or Triumph Tr4 (Future purchase)
post #33 of 49 (permalink) Old 12-29-2015, 03:55 PM

RLS seems to have been the premier place for AGM battery brackets. Tough deal. Ordered the aluminum from onlinemetals.com and plan to learn how to weld (or use my neighbor!). It's always better to make your own....
post #34 of 49 (permalink) Old 12-29-2015, 04:16 PM Thread Starter

New Really Light Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotusxs View Post
RLS seems to have been the premier place for AGM battery brackets. Tough deal. Ordered the aluminum from onlinemetals.com and plan to learn how to weld (or use my neighbor!). It's always better to make your own....

Aluminum is veeeeery difficult to wield.

Last edited by Coyne; 12-30-2015 at 06:20 PM.
post #35 of 49 (permalink) Old 01-16-2016, 07:23 PM

So PayPal came through and refunded my money today. I just got back on today and saw that Rev5252 posted his number so at least someone there is making an effort. I am sorry that I did not check back sooner but I am surprised that no one at RLS responded to PayPal's inquiry. As a business owner myself, it sounds like you may need a new partner!
post #36 of 49 (permalink) Old 01-17-2016, 01:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dflick View Post
So PayPal came through and refunded my money today. I just got back on today and saw that Rev5252 posted his number so at least someone there is making an effort. I am sorry that I did not check back sooner but I am surprised that no one at RLS responded to PayPal's inquiry. As a business owner myself, it sounds like you may need a new partner!
Did you guys contact Jay?

RLS is stocking up parts for sure.

post #37 of 49 (permalink) Old 01-17-2016, 04:39 AM

Hi Jay. Can you pm me your email address please? I want to cc you my email communication with Austin. I've been trying to order some parts from Austin since October, but it seems this order is going no where fast. Maybe you can help speed things up. Thanks
post #38 of 49 (permalink) Old 01-17-2016, 06:28 AM

All I had was the information from the website so I don't know Jay. I used the site contact information on the web to inquire about status. I only thought of coming here after contacting PayPay for the dispute to check to see if anyone else had dealings with RLS and if I was alone or if others had had the same experience.
post #39 of 49 (permalink) Old 02-09-2016, 11:02 AM Thread Starter

Still seems to be a problem, with another thread started.
post #40 of 49 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 10:46 AM

Same issue on my end this christmas. Bought the intercooler kit ($2k) from them. Was suppose to get an email with tracking number from Austin but never did. Numerous calls/text/VM got no response. Then 12 days later, the parts showed up (missing the heatshield). Called and left vm,text with no response either for this missing item. Found this thread and was able to reach Jay. He said he will talk to Austin and get back with me this afternoon. Hopefully it'll get resolved soon....along with better customer service!

I understand if there is delays - that's life...just tell me something that you are on the other end acknowledging my questions/concerns.

On a side note, I bought extended view mirrors the same time (different order) and they came in quick with tracking number as expected.

I was worried maybe something might have happened to Austin (but this isn't the case - per Jay).

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Marketplace > Aftermarket Suppliers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in