New Really Light Stuff - Page 3 - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 49 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 01:48 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhentr View Post
Same issue on my end this christmas. Bought the intercooler kit ($2k) from them. Was suppose to get an email with tracking number from Austin but never did. Numerous calls/text/VM got no response. Then 12 days later, the parts showed up (missing the heatshield). Called and left vm,text with no response either for this missing item. Found this thread and was able to reach Jay. He said he will talk to Austin and get back with me this afternoon. Hopefully it'll get resolved soon....along with better customer service!

I understand if there is delays - that's life...just tell me something that you are on the other end acknowledging my questions/concerns.

On a side note, I bought extended view mirrors the same time (different order) and they came in quick with tracking number as expected.

I was worried maybe something might have happened to Austin (but this isn't the case - per Jay).

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I'm sorry to hear this. I hope you get your missing part and someone takes a course in how to run a business.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 49 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 01:54 PM

Thanks coyne. Good news is that I did get a text stating my missing part has been sent usps with tracking no. and should be here tomorrow (cross fingers).

Thanks jay for getting on top of this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #43 of 49 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 02:18 PM

After the 30 threads in this forum all saying the same thing, why would anyone keep buying from RLS? Very confused.

2007 Exige S with almost every track mod...

post #44 of 49 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 02:20 PM
The Enforcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfennell View Post
After the 30 threads in this forum all saying the same thing, why would anyone keep buying from RLS? Very confused.
They're good products. I was fortunate to have dealt with Thomasio before the sale of RLS.

San
Coyne likes this.

#8 Metric Allen Key, Plastic Carpet Buttons
post #45 of 49 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Unfortunately I was not able to find anyone else sell a high quality and functional intercooler and cooling duct set up like RLS has. I went through the same communication issues many said with the new owners. But in the end I am very very happy with the product I received. Unfortunately we are becoming more and more a small volume market, and more vendors become selling as a second job or hobby and day job gets in the way of fast communication.

Current 2007 Exige S TOURING PACK, TRACK PACK, LSD, Aspen White, BOE Torque300, Tank,2bular muffler, Larini header/Decat, RLS Intercooler, Intercooler Vent Ducts/tubes PENSKE SINGLE-ADJUSTABLE SHOCKS, CUPdiscs-Front ULTRAdisc rear, Lotus AP 4 Pot Calipers, Fidanza lightweight flywheel, ACT HDSS Clutch......way too much to list..

Past 2014 Arial Atom
Past Lotus- 2005 Elise, BOE REV400TVS,Nikasil SB, Arias pistons,....et cetera-track monster
post #46 of 49 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 03:01 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmansan View Post
They're good products. I was fortunate to have dealt with Thomasio before the sale of RLS.

San

Myself as well. Hence my disappointment with the current lack of communication.
post #47 of 49 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz5gxt View Post
Unfortunately I was not able to find anyone else sell a high quality and functional intercooler and cooling duct set up like RLS has. I went through the same communication issues many said with the new owners. But in the end I am very very happy with the product I received. Unfortunately we are becoming more and more a small volume market, and more vendors become selling as a second job or hobby and day job gets in the way of fast communication.
You can buy a variety of other intercoolers ffrom MWR etc and get the shroud from HKfever, then the hoses from amazon. Don't need the brackets at the side scoops really.

2007 Exige S with almost every track mod...
post #48 of 49 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 04:27 PM

Really unfortunate.

I ordered some extended mirrors and a phone mount back in May of 2016. Got confirmations, shipping info, and delivered within a week.

2007 Chrome Orange Lotus Elise
post #49 of 49 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 06:24 PM

Quote:
You can buy a variety of other intercoolers ffrom MWR etc and get the shroud from HKfever, then the hoses from amazon. Don't need the brackets at the side scoops really.
Like walk into super market with so many different brand

S240 Exige S with BOE FW300 + over 40 mods
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Marketplace > Aftermarket Suppliers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in