is Really Light Stuff still around? - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-31-2018, 01:00 PM Thread Starter

is Really Light Stuff still around?

Anyone purchased anything from really light stuff recently? I have sent an email and tried to text message twice (of which is listed as a form of contact on the site) and zero response. I am trying to get my hands on one of the cell phone mount brackets they sell.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-31-2018, 01:05 PM

Search the forums you will see 10 threads like this. They never answer emails or phone calls and it seems like 1/10 orders gets fulfilled.

2007 Exige S with almost every track mod...
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-31-2018, 01:05 PM

DO NOT ORDER FROM REALLYLIGHTSTUFF.COM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianbement85 View Post
Anyone purchased anything from really light stuff recently? I have sent an email and tried to text message twice (of which is listed as a form of contact on the site) and zero response. I am trying to get my hands on one of the cell phone mount brackets they sell.
Run.....run as fast as you can in the other direction.....DO NOT ORDER FROM REALLYLIGHTSTUFF.COM.

One of MANY threads about how RLS now SUCKS is here: https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f93/...ff-rls-449857/
dimadozenn likes this.

08 Exige S240 - Chrome Orange

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-31-2018, 01:06 PM

They are still around from sound of it but seems to have terrible customer service base on this thread from about a year ago. IDK if anything has changed. I have never dealt with them.

https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f3/r...tional-400474/

2002 Honda S2000 - RIP MAY 2012
2005 Lotus Elise Sport and Touring Package - Weekend Warrior
2015 NX200T F-Sport - DD and Winter Beater
2006 Hummer H3 - The wife's
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-31-2018, 01:14 PM
He's on fire!

The "new" owners are terrible, thats all you really need to know. Glad I got most of the stuff I wanted beforehand.

"Give a man a match, and he'll be warm for a minute, but set him on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-31-2018, 01:19 PM

Same for british racing group. I bought a harness bar may 1st and have not gotten it yet. Tomorrow will be a month. I have gotten the run around for 2 weeks now. But alas i am supposed to recieve it tomorrow according to the tracking number i was finally given today
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-31-2018, 01:22 PM Thread Starter

This is good to know! I was trying to avoid sticking my magnetic cell phone mount directly to my dash, but i guess i'll just go ahead and do that...definitely do not want to do business with a company that may or may not fill an order. Thanks guys!
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-31-2018, 01:26 PM
Addict

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfarrell View Post
Same for british racing group. I bought a harness bar may 1st and have not gotten it yet. Tomorrow will be a month. I have gotten the run around for 2 weeks now. But alas i am supposed to recieve it tomorrow according to the tracking number i was finally given today
I finally received a turn indicator stalk yesterday that I ordered about a month ago. They did respond to my email asking for a status but that took a week or so and they simply said they were waiting on it from their supplier. Tracking information showed up and the part came last week. I think BRG is usually good about updates and my parts have always arrived, seems all parts are starting to take longer to get. RLS on the other hand does seem to have gone all but away.
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-31-2018, 01:27 PM

I have a brand new RLS mount that I have not opened/installed since I bought a used one with some other items recently, send me a pm if interested.

***SOLD***

Last edited by Nuwan; 06-01-2018 at 06:15 PM. Reason: Item Sold
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-31-2018, 04:20 PM

Garage
Their stuff was well designed and fulfilled the need for some things we really could use.

Nothing lasts forever. Thet phone mount is super useful. Lotus like. Simple

Anyone can make something complicated. It takes genius to make it simple. Einstein.
2011 Evora S Racing Heritage Edition (#3 of 4) (Now with alexsharkeyross)
2005 Elise LRG, track prepped ,
1974 Lotus Europa Special 3841R in JPS livery
2007 Toyota Tundra (about 10 cup holders), traded for 2015 Tundra TRD PRO
2007 Audi S4 DTM (RIP) 1980 Rover SD1 (new home) 2015 Honda Civic Si
2016 370Z Nismo
2013 Bentley Continental GT Speed 2019 Lexus LC500
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-31-2018, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaExige View Post
Run.....run as fast as you can in the other direction.....DO NOT ORDER FROM REALLYLIGHTSTUFF.COM.

One of MANY threads about how RLS now SUCKS is here: https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f93/...ff-rls-449857/

Donít do it. Thatís all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"less is more. but i like more. well then, add less."
post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-01-2018, 05:28 PM

> british racing group

I ordered and things arrived fast. I had specified the wrong key blank for the key fob, they worked with me and I'm happy. Yes, there were some delays, but it was not urgent and they were nice. this is BRITISH RACING GROUP.

REALLYLIGHTSTUFF ... I have shied away from. Thank you all for looking out, appreciate the forum a lot.

07 SY ExigeS

Last edited by necro; 06-01-2018 at 05:37 PM. Reason: Clarification
post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-02-2018, 02:35 AM

Itís sad, RLS was top notch when Thomas owned it. Itís sad to hear the new owner isnít keeeping up with Thomasís standards.

2008 Persian Blue Exige S240/2014 Quad cab Ford F-150 Fx4 Ecoboost
post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-02-2018, 03:15 AM

Similar tale of woe.......

Ordered the RLS Evora mirrors last year and honestly, it arrived quickly and fine. Their mounting 'dots' sucked. Wanted to get more and that was a complete exercise in futility. Finally, the brother(?) of the new owner responded and said something like 'you're better off just going to the hardware store'. Got some VHB, remounted it and all was good.

BRG: Ordered (end of MARCH) the Lotus decat pipe, glove box damper and some small parts. STILL WAITING. Got shipped from the UK and then SENT BACK because of required signature although no USPS yellow card was ever left. Currently still in shipment for a 2nd time. Can't really get much of a straight answer from BRG since it was supposedly delivered at the business address although it's hard to tell since the UK shipping/tracking website is BEYOND COMPLETELY USELESS.

STILL WAITING after 8 weeks. I'm really very disappointed with this. I'd expect this from a company that rarely does trans-Atlantic shipping but this is what they do for a living.

Last edited by howardm4; 06-02-2018 at 03:39 AM.
post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-02-2018, 03:57 AM

The fact that your letter carrier is a moron is not BRG fault

Their stuff is coming from England, so it is not Amazon

Check the prices and delivery from your local dealer, generally they are comparable
post #16 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-02-2018, 04:31 AM

You don't need to be abusive.

There is/was no proof that even a single USPS delivery was attempted.

Since this was my first order, I expected it to come from US instead of UK (ie. they'd use LotusUSA as warehouse supplier).

My dealer (you know who) is 2x+ in cost.
post #17 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-26-2018, 09:08 AM

Just a heads up, RLS is under new management. I just purchased the extendview mirrors they have last week and they have been shipped out to me already.
post #18 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-01-2018, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supernaut View Post
Just a heads up, RLS is under new management. I just purchased the extendview mirrors they have last week and they have been shipped out to me already.
New management for the 3rd time or second? Thomas the creator sold it and the nw guy was terrible according to the posts on here and FB, so does that mean guy number 2 now sold it to a 3rd person whoís legit?

2008 Persian Blue Exige S240/2014 Quad cab Ford F-150 Fx4 Ecoboost
post #19 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-02-2018, 05:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backpain View Post
New management for the 3rd time or second? Thomas the creator sold it and the nw guy was terrible according to the posts on here and FB, so does that mean guy number 2 now sold it to a 3rd person whoís legit?
What seems to have happened is Thomasio sold it to a Father, who gave it to his son to run, his son did not run it, and the father took back control about a month ago.

2007 Exige S with almost every track mod...
post #20 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-02-2018, 07:47 AM

I always order my stuff directly from the usual suspects in the UK, DeRoure, Elise Parts, etc. Expensive shipping, but always get my parts. Many times cheaper too in the end.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Marketplace > Aftermarket Suppliers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in