RLS now stocking: the best oil pan solution - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-03-2012, 10:52 AM Thread Starter

RLS now stocking: the best oil pan solution

We considered doing our own oil pan, and set out to baseline all of the products that are out there.

When we found the Total Oil Control Oil Pan, it was so good that we decided to stock it instead of reinventing the wheel (especially since THIS wheel has everything that we would have wanted, and more!)

Total Oil Control Oil Pan (2ZZ-GE) | Really Light Stuff
Attached Images

The new owner of RLS is Austin, you can contact him at: Austin0Barrett <<<< @ >>>> gmail <<<< dot >>>> com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-03-2012, 10:54 AM Thread Starter

Bravo to Phil for a very well conceived, engineered and implemented product. The craftsmanship is astounding too!

The new owner of RLS is Austin, you can contact him at: Austin0Barrett <<<< @ >>>> gmail <<<< dot >>>> com
post #3 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-04-2012, 11:08 PM

Nice! Thanks for posting.

post #4 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-05-2012, 03:35 AM

That looks more like reinventing a mouse trap then a wheel
post #5 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-05-2012, 01:01 PM

Does it interfere with the dipstick? Any modifications needed?
post #6 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-05-2012, 01:19 PM
Plug Whisperer

No dipstick interference and no modifications required. Not real well pictured is the scraper/windage tray that bolts to the engine...

Coming soon to a theatre near you is the external oil pump--- a mod for the die-hard track rat

We basically took everything we liked and disliked from the current pans, put them on the dry-erase board. Then wrote down everything we would want in a race sump that wasn't already on the board. The list was long--- too long to just modify a current offering, so we started with a "clean sheet of paper" when making this sump. Again, applying what worked, removing what didn't work, and adding a bunch of features to make it work as it should have from the git-go--- and then again some more features to work with the external oil pump...

I have a stack of prototype pans/garage art to show for the design process. Good times.lol

Best,

Phil

Phil: NASA 2012 and 2014 TT1 Central Champion, 2005 GG Elige, Rev400, 485+whp REV X

2011 Pearl White Evora, BOE Skunk Works 6 SPD 435WHP || 2014 Black Evora Skunk Works IPS 390WHP|| 2011 White Evora Skunk Works IPS 390WHP || 2006 CO Elise, Rev400, Steet Car

www.boefab.com: We Build Champions | Products-Service-Advice

BOE ClamHinge | BOE TVS SuperCharging, The Most Powerful Track-Worthy Forced Induction | EFI Engine Management | BOE The Essential Fuel Starve Solution| BOE Lotus Tow Package| BOE New-Tech Lotus Race Engines | The Right Oil Filter for Your Lotus | Custom Lotus ECU Tuning

Pain makes man Think. Thinking makes man Wise. Wisdom makes tracking a Lotus Endurable
post #7 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-05-2012, 03:43 PM

Phil,

Dude. Props to you and your team, man. The community owes you a collective thanks and a beer.

Thinking of K-swapping? Here's an idea of the cost involved.

2006 LOTUS EXIGE (ASPEN WHITE) Honda K24A2 + MPx90 supercharger. 322whp/271lb-ft @13psi. Build thread here.
1994 AUTOZAM AZ-1 MAZDASPEED Japanese Super Kei!
2014 FIAT 500e Hydroelectric powered EV daily driver.
2007 SUZUKI SV650 Track bike.
post #8 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-18-2012, 06:00 AM Thread Starter

These are in stock and shipping. Really Light Stuff under the "Engine" tab.

post #9 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-18-2012, 02:54 PM

I take it these wont fit with the Lotus Sports Shear Panel?
post #10 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-18-2012, 06:28 PM
Plug Whisperer

None of the aftermarket pans work with Lotussport subframe panel.

Looking at making something similar that will be a bit more accommodating to better parts

Thanks!

Phil

Phil: NASA 2012 and 2014 TT1 Central Champion, 2005 GG Elige, Rev400, 485+whp REV X

2011 Pearl White Evora, BOE Skunk Works 6 SPD 435WHP || 2014 Black Evora Skunk Works IPS 390WHP|| 2011 White Evora Skunk Works IPS 390WHP || 2006 CO Elise, Rev400, Steet Car

BOE ClamHinge | BOE TVS SuperCharging, The Most Powerful Track-Worthy Forced Induction | EFI Engine Management | BOE The Essential Fuel Starve Solution| BOE Lotus Tow Package| BOE New-Tech Lotus Race Engines | The Right Oil Filter for Your Lotus | Custom Lotus ECU Tuning

Pain makes man Think. Thinking makes man Wise. Wisdom makes tracking a Lotus Endurable
post #11 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-19-2012, 02:15 PM

ok, didnt think it would, but thought Id ask. Keep me in the loop if ya make a version that does! thanks! looking forward to a couple other bits you guys make tho!

Beech
post #12 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-19-2012, 02:24 PM
Plug Whisperer

Cool! Let me know how we can help...

Just for clarification, by a "similar one", I meant that we are looking at something similar to the Lotus panel that will work with better parts... We won't be making any significant changes to the pan/sump--- but a better version of the Lotus shear panel is in the cards

post #13 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-19-2012, 05:41 PM

Looks very nice.

Does this fit with the Sector111 subStiffy brace?

2007 Exige-All Black and Mean, Factory TouringPak/TrackPak/StarShield/LSD/TractionControl/iPodDock. All stock but not for long.
v = square root ((2 * e) / m)
2008 BMW 335i White/Beige-Awesome power
2006 Mitsubishi EVO IX MR-Only all-stock one left in the country!!
2010 BMW K1300S-Faster than a Hayabusa!
post #14 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-26-2012, 10:03 PM

Ackkk, Gpan2 install happened about a month ago! I agree, this looks to be well engineered & high quality! kudos!
post #15 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-27-2012, 06:28 AM Thread Starter

Memorial day special: FREE SHIPPING to lower 48 US states on the best oil pan available for our cars.

E-mail me (address in signature) for your coupon code.

post #16 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-27-2012, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomasio View Post
Memorial day special: FREE SHIPPING to lower 48 US states on the best oil pan available for our cars.

E-mail me (address in signature) for your coupon code.
post #17 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-27-2012, 04:24 PM Thread Starter

Only two remaining.

post #18 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-30-2012, 02:38 PM Thread Starter

I spent some time admiring the welds on the pan we sent out yesterday. Marvelous welds... the photos don't do justice.

A couple people were asking if we could extend the free shipping on the pans, and I'm willing to do that through midnight on Friday the 1st.

(E-mail me for your personal discount code... address is in my signature).

post #19 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-30-2012, 03:21 PM

Great pan! I dare say the last pan you will need to buy.
post #20 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-30-2012, 04:38 PM

Your chart is a bit wrong, the GPan has most of the same that your pan does, maybe not the extra crank scrapper, but it has a temp port, trap doors, etc.

http://www.sector111.com/newest_stuff/gpan.cfm

If you want to compare products, probably should at least have accurate info don't you think? I'd go with the Sector 111 guys since they don't need to bash other's products to sell their parts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Marketplace > Aftermarket Suppliers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in