Tillett B5 carbon fiber Lotus elise/Exige seat for sale new - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-23-2012, 11:20 AM Thread Starter
Elise Racer

Tillett B5 carbon fiber Lotus elise/Exige seat for sale new

The new rigid Carbon/GRP B5 seat weighs from 5.7 to 6.7 kg and has been designed especially to suit the Lotus Elise / Exige. The seat angle is a regular saloon car angle. The small narrow size of the B5 means that many other vehicle applications are possible with this seat.

The B5 sits the driver very low in the car which reduces the likelihood of hitting the crash helmet on the roll cage. This benefits the taller driver who may have problems in other seats and also helps lower the center of gravity. The side profile developed from years of manufacturing kart racing seats gives excellent support and leaves the shoulders free to help steer the car unhindered. Although the seat is small it can fit a surprisingly large range of driver sizes and the seat has been designed to be compatible with the Hans device.

List for 1,100 pounds in UK.

New condition$800 plus shipping.

Minor scratches on the base from storage.
Includes cushions.
No seat rails

Hayes 772-299-9788
[URL="http://www.wirewheel.com"[/URL]

www.wirewheel.com
Member Vendor

Last edited by wirewheel; 08-24-2012 at 05:32 AM. Reason: images
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-23-2012, 12:54 PM
Absolute power does what?

Bump for an amazing seat. I have a pair of them in my Exige and everyone that's been in stock seats just loves them. The bolstering is SO much tighter/bigger than stock. I'm pretty thin at 5'11", 160lbs with a 32" waist and they fit me perfectly.

Make sure you get the right rails from Tillet though as there are left hand and right hand drive rails (at first they sent me the wrong ones) and there is an adapter to mount it to the stock slider for the driver's seat.

2006 Exige | Full List | BOE Rev400 (357whp) | JC Head | ProAlloy | ForceFed | BOE QS | ITG Airbox | BOE catch cans | gPan2 | Setrab | JUBU | Tillett B5s | Scroth 6pt | OMP Superquadro | interior/HVAC delete | Traqmate | Chasecam | Lift Point Kit | Ultradiscs | RBF 600 | RS14 | Vented Pistons | Penske DA 600/800lbs | V2 arms | BOELinks | ShiftEnforcer | Manly mounts | Braille | Yoko S01s | R888s | GTC-200 & Canards | RACEsills | BOE UnderAero | F1 Livery

Daily/Tow: '10 V8 Pathfinder LE
Former: '11 Jaguar XF-R | '08 Audi RS 4 | '09 Legacy Spec.B | '08 Volvo S60R | '07 Nissan 350Z
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-23-2012, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosscarlson View Post
Bump for an amazing seat. I have a pair of them in my Exige and everyone that's been in stock seats just loves them. The bolstering is SO much tighter/bigger than stock. I'm pretty thin at 5'11", 160lbs with a 32" waist and they fit me perfectly.

Make sure you get the right rails from Tillet though as there are left hand and right hand drive rails (at first they sent me the wrong ones) and there is an adapter to mount it to the stock slider for the driver's seat.
Ross, why this seat over the B6? It looks a bit lacking in lateral support

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-23-2012, 06:42 PM
Absolute power does what?

Haven't sat in a B6 so sorry,can't comment. I'm comparing to the stock Exige seats. They are a bit tough on the butt for long drives. About 45 and it starts to get pretty hard and about an hour in and my left hand starts to go numb. On the track with my 6 points and I don't move or have to brace myself at all.

2006 Exige | Full List | BOE Rev400 (357whp) | JC Head | ProAlloy | ForceFed | BOE QS | ITG Airbox | BOE catch cans | gPan2 | Setrab | JUBU | Tillett B5s | Scroth 6pt | OMP Superquadro | interior/HVAC delete | Traqmate | Chasecam | Lift Point Kit | Ultradiscs | RBF 600 | RS14 | Vented Pistons | Penske DA 600/800lbs | V2 arms | BOELinks | ShiftEnforcer | Manly mounts | Braille | Yoko S01s | R888s | GTC-200 & Canards | RACEsills | BOE UnderAero | F1 Livery

Daily/Tow: '10 V8 Pathfinder LE
Former: '11 Jaguar XF-R | '08 Audi RS 4 | '09 Legacy Spec.B | '08 Volvo S60R | '07 Nissan 350Z
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-28-2012, 05:43 AM Thread Starter
Elise Racer

The seat is still available. Seat rails can be found through LT sponsor British Racing Group, L.L.C.

www.wirewheel.com
Member Vendor
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-30-2012, 04:17 PM Thread Starter
Elise Racer

SOLD!

Thanks!

www.wirewheel.com
Member Vendor
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Marketplace > Aftermarket Suppliers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in