Vision Function RS-R Exhaust (Elise/Exige) - Page 7 - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #121 of 224 (permalink) Old 07-11-2012, 01:35 PM
Back to the Future, again

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclingdude723 View Post
I am seriously considering this. I cant decide if I love or hate the rear panel delete
Considering how cheap it is for the whole deal, if you don't like it, just pay the $100 for another one, like how you would have to do with any other brand of exhaust without the included treat panel delete. This one is included free so discard as you wish or sell it for $50 and reduce your cost basis more..

My 2009 Elise for sale: MoMo SloMo MoFo Joyrides upon request w/lots o' cash money https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f94/...-995-a-116554/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 224 (permalink) Old 07-11-2012, 01:35 PM

If only this was a rebuildable/repackable system I'd be on it like a fat kid on a smartie. even as it is I'm sooo tempted. I just know that in two years or so, after I've melted the packing down to marbles, I'll be wishing I could repack it....... of course I guess I could order two and not have any worries for four years or five years or so.......what is a guy to do????????

"Whatsa behind me isa not important" - Franco Bertolinni (Raul Julia) The Gumball Rally 1976
post #123 of 224 (permalink) Old 07-11-2012, 01:35 PM Thread Starter
Crazy Car Guy

Quote:
I am seriously considering this. I cant decide if I love or hate the rear panel delete
Brushed aluminum one is free @ $499 You can use whichever style you like for the most part.

www.VisionFunction.com - Site Under Construnction - Stay Tuned

post #124 of 224 (permalink) Old 07-12-2012, 04:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notorious View Post
Considering how cheap it is for the whole deal, if you don't like it, just pay the $100 for another one, like how you would have to do with any other brand of exhaust without the included treat panel delete. This one is included free so discard as you wish or sell it for $50 and reduce your cost basis more..
That won't work with this exhaust. It has a wider diameter than most other mufflers and interfered with the S111 rear panel eliminator that was on my car previously.
post #125 of 224 (permalink) Old 07-12-2012, 04:51 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinhead View Post
That won't work with this exhaust. It has a wider diameter than most other mufflers and interfered with the S111 rear panel eliminator that was on my car previously.
Sounds like a quick job for a band saw.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
post #126 of 224 (permalink) Old 07-12-2012, 06:48 AM

Or spray paint it black and you won't even notice it.

My 2009 Elise for sale: MoMo SloMo MoFo Joyrides upon request w/lots o' cash money https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f94/...-995-a-116554/
post #127 of 224 (permalink) Old 07-12-2012, 09:02 AM Thread Starter
Crazy Car Guy

Here is my quick change! I have been wanting to do this for a while.

post #128 of 224 (permalink) Old 07-12-2012, 10:28 AM

Garage
So I bit the bullet. It's on it's way to me! Can't wait to put it on and see what all the talk has been about!

post #129 of 224 (permalink) Old 07-12-2012, 10:29 AM Thread Starter
Crazy Car Guy

Quote:
So I bit the bullet. It's on it's way to me! Can't wait to put it on and see what all the talk has been about!

post #130 of 224 (permalink) Old 07-12-2012, 03:42 PM

I have had this exhaust for a while, and mostly give it positive reviews. The sound is louder than stock, but substantially quieter than the Arquay it replaced. Some notes:

1 - The muffler is larger in diameter than most others and did not work with S111 rear panel delete. You are stuck using the rear panel delete that comes with it.

2 - With a difflow diffuser, there is not enough clearance between the exhaust tip on the muffler. You have to add spacers to drop the diffuser down a bit. It fit fine with the stock diffuser.

3- The exhaust has developed a discoloration that is typical of mufflers. It just did this alot quicker than I expected.

Otherwise, it is a good exhaust at a good price.
post #131 of 224 (permalink) Old 07-12-2012, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinhead View Post
I have had this exhaust for a while, and mostly give it positive reviews. The sound is louder than stock, but substantially quieter than the Arquay it replaced. Some notes:

1 - The muffler is larger in diameter than most others and did not work with S111 rear panel delete. You are stuck using the rear panel delete that comes with it.

You can always cut off the side arms and open it up if you are so inclined and have the tools.

2 - With a difflow diffuser, there is not enough clearance between the exhaust tip on the muffler. You have to add spacers to drop the diffuser down a bit. It fit fine with the stock diffuser.

No problem fitting both the VF-R exhaust and my 7 element Difflow original diffuser.

3- The exhaust has developed a discoloration that is typical of mufflers. It just did this alot quicker than I expected.

Had my exhaust for maybe 9 months, no discoloration of any kind... just a bit of a tinge on the very tip of the... ummm... tip... and it's not very noticeable either. Still a very nice and even stainless finish throughout.

Otherwise, it is a good exhaust at a good price.
Yes, it's a great exhaust which is cheaper and better than any offering from Larini or Arqray... and it's AMERICAN!

post #132 of 224 (permalink) Old 07-13-2012, 04:35 AM Thread Starter
Crazy Car Guy

All orders have shipped unless you have order a Black Panel. They should ship on Wednesday of next week. Tracking numbers are in your Online Order details.

Thanks,

Jermaine~

post #133 of 224 (permalink) Old 07-13-2012, 09:28 AM

Looks like it might be at the house before I get home from work, I wonder if I can get it on the car before the AutoX tomorrow. Do you have any install recommendations or parts I should purchase before install?
post #134 of 224 (permalink) Old 07-14-2012, 05:40 AM

Gotta say, I hated the rear panel delete bracket so I made my own. Pics above in this thread.
post #135 of 224 (permalink) Old 07-14-2012, 05:54 AM

I installed the exhaust last night, install went pretty smooth and the exhaust sounds great! At the autox now, can't wait to hear it in action! Thanks for the great deal and product!

post #136 of 224 (permalink) Old 07-14-2012, 08:30 AM

You need to have someone record you in action at the AutoX. There is only one video of the VF exhaust and it's Jermaine's. We need more audio of this exhaust in action.

post #137 of 224 (permalink) Old 07-18-2012, 04:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notorious View Post
You need to have someone record you in action at the AutoX. There is only one video of the VF exhaust and it's Jermaine's. We need more audio of this exhaust in action.
I have another event in two weeks, I'll see what I can get. It sounded great in car, but my g/f said it was pretty quiet from where she was standing. Which I think is pretty good, I get the more aggressive tone I was wanting without being obnoxious to everyone around me.
post #138 of 224 (permalink) Old 07-18-2012, 06:31 AM

Garage
Installed mine last night. Didn't have time to do more than a quick jaunt but wow! This thing is how the car should have sounded from the factory. I'll
Get my gopro on there for some video soon

post #139 of 224 (permalink) Old 07-18-2012, 06:48 AM

I agree that the car should of sounded like this from the factory.

I just love mine and have had none of the issues listed above and fits my Difflow 5 Railer perfectly
post #140 of 224 (permalink) Old 07-18-2012, 07:05 AM

You know... I need to mount my GoPro to the back and film the sound... going to do it this weekend.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Marketplace > Aftermarket Suppliers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in