How to ruin Tesla's image and alienate customers... - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 65 (permalink) Old 12-11-2008, 05:42 AM Thread Starter

How to ruin Tesla's image and alienate customers...

so if you are tesla and you already havent delivered cars on schedule, wasted money, raised the overall MSRP, but you dont feel that you have done enough to wreck what could have been a really cool thing, what do you do....

You reward your early adopters, the people who have put their hard earned money down as deposits on roadsters to finance the company and have been patiently waiting, by completely f**king them over... how?

by offering new teslas to anyone off the street without any wait...

Teslas available for immediate delivery - Lamborghini Forum & Photo Gallery - Talk Lambo!

all i can say is what the f**k....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 65 (permalink) Old 12-11-2008, 06:17 AM

post #3 of 65 (permalink) Old 12-11-2008, 06:30 AM

Their website still indicates is a $5K reserve and wait list. Wonder how much more of a premium is tacked on over the $109K?

post #4 of 65 (permalink) Old 12-11-2008, 06:46 AM Thread Starter

wow.. that was fast... link is down but this is what was there....
Attached Images

post #5 of 65 (permalink) Old 12-11-2008, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob13572468 View Post
Yep, I saw it too. What's up with that??
post #6 of 65 (permalink) Old 12-11-2008, 06:59 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Yep, I saw it too. What's up with that??
well see thats called sweeping it under the rug... thats the first part..

also I honestly hope that this thread does not go and mysteriously disappear next... This is objective and newsworthy and these posts are the only ones that are going to keep things fair, particularly for many of the guys here on LT that have deposits down...

Ive said it 100 times before.. I like the tesla roadster and i want to see them do well but this sort of bulls**t has to stop...
post #7 of 65 (permalink) Old 12-11-2008, 07:06 AM

She owns that forum. We shall only know how she deals in real life...
post #8 of 65 (permalink) Old 12-11-2008, 07:11 AM

Tesla is doing its best to emulate the big 3...

My daily driver is an orange plastic toaster
post #9 of 65 (permalink) Old 12-11-2008, 07:21 AM

They probably figure the lambo guys could pay an inflation cost more then the people on "layaway". Since the guys who already put money down are on a fixed price?

2005 Lotus Elise
2007 Honda VFR800A
2004 Mitsubishi Sportback
1993 Ford Ranger
2000 Husqvarna (British Lawn Mower Racing)
post #10 of 65 (permalink) Old 12-11-2008, 07:33 AM

The same thing happened with the Elise in the early days. Many people put deposits down and then backed out when it was time to order/take delivery. The cars and slots were offered to waitlist members, but many wanted exactly what they ordered, or just weren't ready yet to take delivery for financial or personal reasons, so they were offered to the public. Eventually the whole waitlist thing collapsed and inventories mushroomed. Given the current economic situation, a similar thing could be happening here. Yes, there were a few dealers that were considered less than honest in their dealings with customers, but for the most part, it was just the way the market works.

For all of the wishing them well, there certainly seems to be a lot of bashing going on based on the littlest hint of "facts".

'05 AR Mods: Stebel Nautilus horn; tesprit's rearview mirror; Custom Interior Pictures; PPF full front clam wrap
post #11 of 65 (permalink) Old 12-11-2008, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisB View Post
For all of the wishing them well, there certainly seems to be a lot of bashing going on based on the littlest hint of "facts".
I agree, but posting that thread then suddenly it disappears seems a bit covert.
post #12 of 65 (permalink) Old 12-11-2008, 07:49 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
The same thing happened with the Elise in the early days. Many people put deposits down and then backed out when it was time to order/take delivery. The cars and slots were offered to waitlist members, but many wanted exactly what they ordered, or just weren't ready yet to take delivery for financial or personal reasons, so they were offered to the public. Eventually the whole waitlist thing collapsed and inventories mushroomed. Given the current economic situation, a similar thing could be happening here. Yes, there were a few dealers that were considered less than honest in their dealings with customers, but for the most part, it was just the way the market works.

I dont think that is even a close comparison.. Im all for letting the market decide but the situation here is nowhere near the same... First of all, we arent talking about a $1K deposit here... There are *alot* of people out there that have put a substantial deposit down; some people have full deposits still.. also elise had many options.. tesla does not. I seriously doubt that what we are talking about here are some wired color teslas that nobody wants.

I know personally that there are guys out there with deposits that will take *any* reasonably colored tesla just to get one now... if there are cars to be had then they need to go to whoever put their hard earned money down, effectively financed tesla in the first place. Its only fair...
post #13 of 65 (permalink) Old 12-11-2008, 08:27 AM

Quote:
the picture you (rob13572468;1171654)show looks like proof of really poor ethics on the part of the tesla sales force.

Sorrine,
why would that link be removed so fast, or even at all?
you do own that lambo forum(right?), so you would be the one who could explain since its your forum, and it was also your post, and I do believe you are a tesla salesperson as well.
I would think that you could enlighten us in this thread as to whats going on with all of this.
if i was one who had a deposit i would be really pissed.

1977 Crossle 32F
1999 Spec Miata
post #14 of 65 (permalink) Old 12-11-2008, 08:33 AM

"Who Killed the Electric Car?"

The new owner of RLS is Austin, you can contact him at: Austin0Barrett <<<< @ >>>> gmail <<<< dot >>>> com
post #15 of 65 (permalink) Old 12-11-2008, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomasio View Post
"Who Killed the Electric Car?"
Answer: companies that deliver much less than they promised...
post #16 of 65 (permalink) Old 12-11-2008, 09:15 AM

Quote:

agree with chrisb but in addition would think If I had a deposit and on waitlist, that after all this time might consider selling my spot, especially with the turnaround in the economy. I think I remember a discussion on this board as to its ethics.
On another note, is there a number of unsold tesla roadster's around. I wonder how many really have been delivered versus what has been produced.

Henry
http://www.abendanio.com/
2005 Elise, AR, Touring, Sport, HT (RIP 10-6-08)
2005 Elise,Touring & Sport,Bordeaux Red Pearl + mods.
1986 Pontiac Fiero Gt, 1986 Toyota Pickup
post #17 of 65 (permalink) Old 12-11-2008, 10:12 AM

...it's not bad to have brought the irregularity to light, but let's give sorrine an opportunity to explain the situation before piling on - in chaotic financial times there could be a lot of extenuating circumstances about which it's not fair to speculate prematurely...

2005 Federal Elise | Touring | Storm Titanium
...85,000 miles and aging beautifully...
post #18 of 65 (permalink) Old 12-11-2008, 11:12 AM

Who knows? Since there appear to be only a "handful" of Teslas available, perhaps those on the current wait list can have the first shot at taking delivery of one of the available cars right now as long as they are willing to accept it in its current configuration.

Maybe that's how Timothy Hutton's character in the new TNT show "Leverage" got the one he drove off in at the end of the episode I watched Tuesday night It was presented as an impulse buy in the plot.
Getting more of them out on the street (and on the TV screens) as quickly as possible is the best thing they can do to keep them in the minds of potential buyers. Even my father (not a car guy), who was watching the show with me, said "Ooh! What's that?!" as Hutton's character drove away. And it was even a red one like my Elise!

Tom
post #19 of 65 (permalink) Old 12-11-2008, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ...m... View Post
...it's not bad to have brought the irregularity to light, but let's give sorrine an opportunity to explain the situation before piling on - in chaotic financial times there could be a lot of extenuating circumstances about which it's not fair to speculate prematurely...

She was on this thread for a while and still no response. Wonder what the hold up is..

Be an alpha male. Drive a Lotus.

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #20 of 65 (permalink) Old 12-11-2008, 09:01 PM

Quote:
so if you are tesla and you already havent delivered cars on schedule, wasted money, raised the overall MSRP, but you dont feel that you have done enough to wreck what could have been a really cool thing, what do you do....

You reward your early adopters, the people who have put their hard earned money down as deposits on roadsters to finance the company and have been patiently waiting, by completely f**king them over... how?

by offering new teslas to anyone off the street without any wait...

Teslas available for immediate delivery - Lamborghini Forum & Photo Gallery - Talk Lambo!

all i can say is what the f**k....
Rob--

1. Take a deep breath...

2. There are a handful of 2008 cars available for $125K, these will be produced at the end of the 2008 run, which continues to be limited to 600 units. This information was communicated to owners by e-mail way back in September. There's no conspiracy or deceit here.

--Paul
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > Electric Avenue- Tesla, ZAP, Dodge EV1, electric Lotus cars

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f176/how-ruin-teslas-image-alienate-customers-65808/
Posted By For Type Date
Tesla resale - Page 4 - Tesla Motors Club Forum This thread Pingback 12-13-2008 10:14 AM
Slashdot - Want a tesla roadster now? No need to wait... This thread Refback 12-13-2008 09:11 AM
Slashdot - Want a tesla roadster now? No need to wait... This thread Refback 12-13-2008 08:13 AM