How to ruin Tesla's image and alienate customers... - Page 4 - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 65 (permalink) Old 12-14-2008, 12:28 PM

I did not think anyone was naive enough to take my comment for real

The only thing I can do is laugh, to many people take themselfes way to serious

Quote:
Originally Posted by IXLR8 View Post
Unbelievable.
No she cannot take legal action against anyone here and if she does, she will lose.

She put the message out on her own forum for all to see and discuss, and it is now being discussed here on this forum.
The last I heard, America still has the right to free speech.......I don't know for how much longer.....but Internet and forums do enjoy the same right to free speech.
The site itself cannot be held accountable for its members actions, which I believe is covered by the terms of service agreement.

Additionally, no Attorney would take a suit of this nature on contingency.
There isn't enough cut and dry evidence nor can you prove who was sitting in front of the computer at the time of the tort.

So yes, YOU would try to sue.........and you would pay , perhaps more than once while standing to lose much more than you'd gain.

Need a new Lotus this winter
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 65 (permalink) Old 12-14-2008, 06:12 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by smicker View Post
Deliveries will be closer to 150 by the end of the year, and allowing for 2008 production into April gives closer to 25/wk. You are absolutely correct regarding supply chain challenges--however this production schedule and ramp up rate has been the plan since production started many months ago. There are no surprises here

those numbers dont make sense... 25/wk for 3 months plus the 150 means only 450 roadsters produced by april... thats 150 short of the 600 you posted for the 2008 run....

150 x $100,000 is $15 million dollars difference in gross revenue, not a small number to be getting wrong... thats the kind of stuff Im talking about: when exactly does the 2008 production run end? is it april? how many cars constitutes the 08 production run, is it 450 or 600?

Like I said, The numbers tesla puts out just dont add up...
post #63 of 65 (permalink) Old 12-14-2008, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob13572468 View Post
those numbers dont make sense... 25/wk for 3 months plus the 150 means only 450 roadsters produced by april... thats 150 short of the 600 you posted for the 2008 run....

150 x $100,000 is $15 million dollars difference in gross revenue, not a small number to be getting wrong... thats the kind of stuff Im talking about: when exactly does the 2008 production run end? is it april? how many cars constitutes the 08 production run, is it 450 or 600?

Like I said, The numbers tesla puts out just dont add up...
I said "closer to 25" and "into April." The 2008 production run ends at 600 cars. At 28.25 cars per week that is the end of April. At 30 cars it is the third week of April. All of these "mistakes" you are pointing out are stemming from misassumptions on your part.

post #64 of 65 (permalink) Old 12-22-2008, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallabyguy View Post
Part of Teslas position comes from their "need" for the money to open their $250,000,000 headquarters. $250mil? Really? I did a plan to get a manufacturing facility for a small European auto manufacturer built here in the US. The number of state subsidies and incentives available were astounding (no fed money or new appropriations were required). And for production of roughly the same number of vehicles, the building cost no where near that. Even with the Model S Sedan, I don't see where all this money is coming from or how it will be made up. Reminds me of the rebirth of Bugatti in the early 90's. Who's doing their accounting?
Ego plays a lot into how much that HQ costs. There's a difference between the Silicon Valley VC people and the rest of the world. $250 mil is Big auto manufacturing size plant. I also don't see how they could produce tens or hundreds of thousands of units for sale with little experience and a small dealer network - right now 1 dealer, correct? It takes several years to build a good dealer network. You have to build up a parts supply chain, train mechanics, train salesmen, etc. And as Arnie Johnson once told me it's the dealers that sell cars, not the manufacturer. If I were Tesla I would shoot for a dealer in the top 150 or so markets if they want to sell a mainstream family/commuter car. That's 149 dealerships they don't currently have. Long term I would hit the top ~250 markets just for the service aspect.

I really want Tesla to succeed. I see the changes they are making in management. I see the product they are soon to be producing. I just don't know if they have the time to do it all by the time they run out of money.
post #65 of 65 (permalink) Old 12-23-2008, 12:02 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus Fury View Post
Ego plays a lot into how much that HQ costs. There's a difference between the Silicon Valley VC people and the rest of the world. $250 mil is Big auto manufacturing size plant. I also don't see how they could produce tens or hundreds of thousands of units for sale with little experience and a small dealer network - right now 1 dealer, correct? It takes several years to build a good dealer network. You have to build up a parts supply chain, train mechanics, train salesmen, etc. And as Arnie Johnson once told me it's the dealers that sell cars, not the manufacturer. If I were Tesla I would shoot for a dealer in the top 150 or so markets if they want to sell a mainstream family/commuter car. That's 149 dealerships they don't currently have. Long term I would hit the top ~250 markets just for the service aspect.

I really want Tesla to succeed. I see the changes they are making in management. I see the product they are soon to be producing. I just don't know if they have the time to do it all by the time they run out of money.

you hit the nail on the head... $250 mil is crazy money for a plant when we have US automakers idling their plants and laying off workers. If tesla is really ready to go on the model S then they should be working a deal with one of the big 3 and using their manufacturing pool and engineering talent to do the car now with existing manufacturing facilities.

if they went to congress with such a deal it would likely be signed in short order...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > Electric Avenue- Tesla, ZAP, Dodge EV1, electric Lotus cars

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f176/how-ruin-teslas-image-alienate-customers-65808/
Posted By For Type Date
Tesla resale - Page 4 - Tesla Motors Club Forum This thread Pingback 12-13-2008 10:14 AM
Slashdot - Want a tesla roadster now? No need to wait... This thread Refback 12-13-2008 09:11 AM
Slashdot - Want a tesla roadster now? No need to wait... This thread Refback 12-13-2008 08:13 AM