LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community (https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/)
-   Electric Avenue- Tesla, ZAP, Dodge EV1, electric Lotus cars (https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f176/)
-   -   Tesla CEO burned by mistrust (https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f176/tesla-ceo-burned-mistrust-69552/)

Wimbledon 03-04-2009 03:48 PM

Tesla CEO burned by mistrust
 

charliex 03-04-2009 03:51 PM

epic fail.

craracer 03-04-2009 04:36 PM

During times of monumental stress people often do things, which at the time sound logical, that might be otherwise considered bizarre at best.

dfa2100 03-04-2009 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by craracer (Post 1233510)
During times of monumental stress people often do things, which at the time sound logical, that might be otherwise considered bizarre at best.

I don't know if being the CEO of a company could be considered monumental stress. Or did something in particular happen that made this guy go off his rocker?

...m... 03-04-2009 04:51 PM

...it's a damned shame to see a noble concept once again discredited by greedy mismanagement, but if tesla burns they'll have brought it on themselves...

XHILR8N! 03-04-2009 05:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Sorry to steal this pic, but it just fits too well

Attachment 113604

craracer 03-04-2009 06:28 PM

Quote:

I don't know if being the CEO of a company could be considered monumental stress.
From what I understood, and I could be wrong, the company is close to bankruptcy. What I was attempting to convey is that I would imagine trying to salvage a company (and your job) during these difficult economic times might be fairly stressful. This doesn't even take into account any other personal-life problems this guy might have.

IamBatman 03-04-2009 06:37 PM

Elon Musk is a tool who got lucky with one idea (Paypal) and now he thinks he can run a car company.

Aedo 03-04-2009 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dfa2100 (Post 1233513)
I don't know if being the CEO of a company could be considered monumental stress. Or did something in particular happen that made this guy go off his rocker?

Are you being serious? Do you think running a company developing an expensive new technology in times of financial hardship is a walk in the park???

charliex 03-04-2009 06:40 PM

they picked up $40 million in december from investors, seems unlikey they've used that up already, though you never know!

AgentTripleX 03-04-2009 07:38 PM

I want to say something, but I believe I signed a NDA as part of my separation agreement. ;)

Gizmo3000 03-04-2009 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by charliex (Post 1233585)
they picked up $40 million in december from investors, seems unlikey they've used that up already, though you never know!

That's less than what GM burns thru in a single day! :wallbang:

Monsi 03-04-2009 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AgentTripleX (Post 1233621)
I want to say something, but I believe I signed a NDA as part of my separation agreement. ;)

I hope you made out on the deal :nanner:

IamBatman 03-04-2009 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AgentTripleX (Post 1233621)
I want to say something, but I believe I signed a NDA as part of my separation agreement. ;)

where are you working now?

Monsi 03-04-2009 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IamBatman (Post 1233674)
where are you working now?

Cars Dawydiak - San Francisco, CA | Facebook

dfa2100 03-05-2009 04:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aedo (Post 1233583)
Are you being serious? Do you think running a company developing an expensive new technology in times of financial hardship is a walk in the park???

It may not be a walk in the park, but it is no reason to get pushed over the edge. What's going to happen, he's going to lose the millions he's invested? He has more. He'll still be alive if the company fails. It's all self-induced stress. If he can't handle it, he shouldn't be the CEO. There are plenty of people out there that deal with more stressful jobs that don't freak out and go running out of control.

Bavarian Motorist 03-05-2009 05:19 AM

The bigger picture here is that he doesn't want this information, true or not, to be leaked because it makes the company look financially insolvent and that hurts investment and sales opportunities. It's not really about trust as you can tell from the article...didn't bother telling any execs.


And he knows that trust isn't going substantiate the company. Seems like a desperate measure to me.

Aedo 03-05-2009 05:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dfa2100 (Post 1233723)
It may not be a walk in the park, but it is no reason to get pushed over the edge. What's going to happen, he's going to lose the millions he's invested? He has more. He'll still be alive if the company fails.

True - I just disagreed with your original assertion that it was a stress free.
Quote:

Originally Posted by dfa2100 (Post 1233723)
It's all self-induced stress. If he can't handle it, he shouldn't be the CEO.

Self induced stress is still stress - but I agree with the last bit :)
Quote:

Originally Posted by dfa2100 (Post 1233723)
There are plenty of people out there that deal with more stressful jobs that don't freak out and go running out of control.

Also very very true!

SweetDaddyD 03-05-2009 06:45 AM

I guess I sounded like a jerk when I was saying it before, but now it's looking like there is an echo in here.

What a d!(#.

I saw some Tesla matchbox cars in the store yesterday and half thought about picking one or two up figuring they would be a collectors item soon, but even in that small regard and for personal gain I didn't really care to show that inkling of support for Musk.

SteveLevin 03-05-2009 07:26 AM

What Musk is dancing around is that right now, if the company goes under, people holding deposits get nothing unless the company's assets are sold for more than $40 million (the recent round of funding, which is secured debt) plus any other secured debt lying around.

Unlike conventional deposits, where you would expect them to sit in a safe escrow account, for a Tesla deposit, you had to agree to allow the company to use the money for working capital -- making you an unsecured debtor in the case of bankruptcy.

And while Musk has said that he would make sure that didn't happen, he hasn't actually done anything about it. (for example, to put money equal to the existing deposits in escrow).

Steve


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 05:59 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome