Tesla is recalling 345 Roadsters - Page 2 - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-31-2009, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eurosport View Post
Curious. Are you sure there's not an access hole already in the footwell? There is on the G-cars by design, and it's still as much a PITA as it sounds to remove (monkey arms holding wrenches inside and out, or breaker secured on the outside end and wrenching from inside )
Nope, no hole. I'd have to drill one into the foot well. The upper wishbone bolt is also put in the same way, though there is a section of the body that is ground down there, not sure if it has an access hole there off the top of my head. But really no good way to remove the front suspension.

I'm sure on the assembly line it seemed fine, with the body off...

Travis
Vulcan Grey Esprit 89 SE

My Lotus Project Photo Collection
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-31-2009, 09:58 AM
mjf

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisB View Post
Lotus only made 27 Elise and Exige vehicles in four months???
...and 345 Tesla Roadsters... Not to mention any 211, Europa or Evora they may have been working on.

2007 Elise Type 72D #6 of 50
post #23 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-31-2009, 06:49 PM
Modern Day Hippie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LARRY View Post
Did you know that the new Tesla (the big one) holds 7 people with two jumpseats in the back (that face each other) for kids?

Goes 300 miles on a charge.

And it recharges in 45 minutes or you can change out the battery in 5 minutes?

Sounds like a much better arrangement overall.
Read the fine print Larry.

Even for the Roadster they have * at the bottom of the page. Tesla Motors - charging & batteries

"Even after a 100-mile trip, you can be completely charged in less than two hours.*"

* With a Home Changing Station installed operating at 70 amps.

If you download the spec sheet for the Model S Tesla Motors - Tesla Showroom you'll see 480v as a charging option. Who has 480V at home? I think they're on the right track but...

And battery swapping in 5 minutes? Where- home/garage/driveway/Chevron? How heavy is the battery? How much life is left in the battery you swap for? How much will these new batteries cost? For the Roadster they are $20k and are supposed to have 100k usable miles or 5 years life.

I haven't been on the Tesla forum for a while, Tesla Motors Club Forum - Powered by vBulletin , but I'm sure there are owners on there sharing their real world experiences on there, including actual range, charge times, and issues. I think it's definitely worth a peek.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > Electric Avenue- Tesla, ZAP, Dodge EV1, electric Lotus cars

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in