Top Gear-Elise v's Tesla - Page 3 - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 44 (permalink) Old 03-26-2009, 04:37 AM Thread Starter

Or if it used hydrogen fuel cell technology.
Michael
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 44 (permalink) Old 04-14-2009, 04:26 PM

For sure, Elise is slower than Tesla
It suppose be track with Exige

车子 鞋子 还有女子
就是咱的面子
post #43 of 44 (permalink) Old 04-28-2009, 03:55 PM

Top Gear is great. But if you really want to watch, get the episodes here: TV Underground. They are in high def, and play nicely on Divx compatible players like the IOData AVeLink player. I think you can also get them to play on an Apple TV or Playstation 3 with some conversion.

I just wish we'd get the full, 1080i version of Top Gear the actual night it airs in the UK. Makes the jokes and commentary more timely.

post #44 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-08-2009, 10:00 AM

i must say that i sincerely hope that the people complaining about the body roll are not the same people who're already running aftermarket springs and shocks on their cars... as is it seems most of the more serious track folks here are running aftermarket... complaining about body roll on the tesla, i think is a bit of a stretch as far as a real complaint is concerned... for the average buyer, it's probably suspended very nicely... you want it to handle tighter... put a set of nitrons or whatever on it. Problem solved. Put a little more tire on it to take advantage of the torque.

It may be heavier, but it may also have better weight distribution than the elise... you can put the batteries spread out right down on the floor...

yeah, you wont be able to run it all day so it wont be winning races, but for street drivers who want performance, i see no reason why the tesla can't give the elise a serious run for it's money with very simple changes many lotus owners do as well, and it's silent so the police wont know they should look up to see the car hauling past at full throttle... as well, a point others have made... an electric car can be something like owning a car with a supercharger... rest assured it is torque limited by electronics... meaning there is the potential to open up the current limiter to get some real gains in torque... reliably thoguh?... who knows... depends on the design and why they set to torque limiting it.

Also seems interesting everyone here ignored the post that the stig ran the tesla with a VERY close time to the N/A exige... even stock (sloppy) suspended and with tires susbstandard to the exige correct?

I think the elise is much better looking and i love mine, but i think many of the comlpaints of the tesla are grasping to justify what someone already owns and what they can't afford. if i had money to burn, probably the only thing keeping me from a tesla would be the bland looks and power windows... i love my hand cranks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > Electric Avenue- Tesla, ZAP, Dodge EV1, electric Lotus cars

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in