'06 Exige Wanted - Serious Buyer - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-02-2011, 11:11 AM Thread Starter

'06 Exige Wanted - Serious Buyer

Hello all. I'm trying to put some feelers out to the community and see if anybody has any leads on a mint condition, 2006 Exige for sale. I'm a serious buyer and would like to complete a transaction in the next couple of weeks. Please let me know if you or someone you know has a car for sale. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-05-2011, 10:33 AM Thread Starter

It seems as though there aren't any 06s available for sale out there at the time. Does anybody have any leads on an 07 that might be available?
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-05-2011, 12:44 PM

Having had both an 06 and now an 07, I can tell you getting the 07 is money well spent! Having the added power of the supercharger makes the car perform as well as it looks!

Don't get me wrong, the N/A engine in the 06 is plenty quick. But having the ability to stomp on the accelerator in 6th gear at highway speeds and taking off like a dart is AMAZING!!! I want even more!! Gonna get the Blade 275 upgrade in the coming weeks. Moooooore Pooooower!!!

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-05-2011, 01:48 PM Thread Starter

Awesome. The more I consider and research the matter, the more I want an '07. It's just going to be a matter of finding the right car for the right price. All of the '07s that I've seen on eBay and the various classified sites seem ridiculously overpriced.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-05-2011, 01:51 PM

Keep looking here. The going price for a low mileage 07 is around $39k to $41k. Take your time and it will come. Don't rush.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-05-2011, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by troliver View Post
Awesome. The more I consider and research the matter, the more I want an '07. It's just going to be a matter of finding the right car for the right price. All of the '07s that I've seen on eBay and the various classified sites seem ridiculously overpriced.
If all the cars you see advertised are priced close to each other...perhaps they are not ridiculously overpriced after all.

Remember, there are only about 300 0'6's, in the country, and about 300 07's in the country altogether. Of those, on any given day MAYBE a few dozen of each might be for sale. That impacts the pricing quite a bit.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-05-2011, 10:36 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotusforsale View Post
If all the cars you see advertised are priced close to each other...perhaps they are not ridiculously overpriced after all.

Remember, there are only about 300 0'6's, in the country, and about 300 07's in the country altogether. Of those, on any given day MAYBE a few dozen of each might be for sale. That impacts the pricing quite a bit.
That's a good point. I'm still seeing a couple of '06s priced right around $40k and '07s as high as 50s. Based upon what I've seen historically in the last six months of pricing in the for sale section here those numbers seem a little high.

I appreciate the encouragement. I'll keep my eyes and ears open and try to remain patient. The right car will eventually pop up.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-14-2011, 09:08 PM

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-16-2011, 02:24 PM Thread Starter

Found an '06 for the right price and snatched it up! Thanks to all who helped me out.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-16-2011, 03:36 PM

That's awesome! Do you have pics? Welcome to the 06 Exige club!

Current Toys:
1968 Datsun 2000 Roadster

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Marketplace > Lotus Cars Wanted

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in