5Likes
  • 2 Post By Catsailr27
  • 1 Post By Akost9500
  • 1 Post By SS Lotus Elise
  • 1 Post By Catsailr27

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-06-2018, 01:47 PM Thread Starter

Wanted modded '05-'06 Elise

Hi All, I've decided to move up my Elise acquisition from early next year after the tractor is paid off to when the right car becomes available....again (I knew I wouldn't be able to wait). I just lost out recently on just about what I'm looking for in an Elise. As a lurker over a six month period before joining LT I have read back thru ten years of posts and threads gleaning valuable information and insight on the direction that I want to take with owning an Elise. I would prefer neutral colors (the car gets enough attention on it's own) with Storm Titanium at the top of the neutral list followed by the bright colors (reds are at the top of that group) if the rest of the car is close. What I am looking for is one that is well sorted out has touring and sport (or optioned the same, AC a must!), hardtop, SC (220-300hp REV prefered) and has suspension, braking, shifting and cooling mods suitable for street and track. All recalls and problematic areas addressed. Ok that it's been lightly tracked but I don't want a major track vet nor am I looking for a $$ track spec engine. Crash/damage related (not flood or lemon) salvage title ok if chassis has been confirmed as undamaged and priced accordingly. Middle miles ok up to 60K. East coast prefered but my search is nationwide. My intents are for a fun Sunday driver with an occasional track day just to have fun and see what I can do. I'm not interested in competing in a specific class so mods don't have to fit a rule. Mechanical mods trump beauty mods and big butt seat would be a ++. I'm not going to bracket it price wise but I've watched prices on similar cars for the last year so I know what range they are asking vs what they sell for. I'm not in a hurry (but $$ in hand now for the right car) so you guys thinking about upgrading or wanting to avoid the winter storage keep me in mind tell me what you have and let's talk! You can drive this summer with a guaranteed buyer when you're ready to part with it. I do check all the normal sources LT,CG,AT,EB,BaT and WW on a regular basis but I'm putting this out to plant a seed. I'm looking for your past perfect car while your acquire your next challenge. One problem with LT classified listings is many OP's don't update their sales ad and you have to sort thru and msg each one as to their status and hope for a reply. I'm looking at this route knowing that if I got a stock car I would end up with another project knowing me. With three boats that are always projects and all the house projects I just want one thing in my life at my age (63) that all I do is enjoy and maintain. Plus I promised my better half no more projects!

I'm realistic and know that odds are slim that I will find just what I want and if I haven't found something by fall I will have to go to plan B. As close as possible to original search with less mods. I've already cleaned out her garage and diamond ground off all the old paint, epoxied the floor and added HVAC to help control the humidity that we get living next to a swamp, just to accommodate the Elise. PM me and let's talk! Richard
SS Lotus Elise and Akost9500 like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-06-2018, 05:25 PM

Ive been going back and forth about selling my Elise. Its about perfect car and Im afraid id miss it too much and wouldn't be able to find another one with all of the tasteful upgrades that have been done to it.

Good luck on your search. If i decide to part ways with mine, I will give you heads up
Catsailr27 likes this.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-06-2018, 06:11 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akost9500 View Post
Its about perfect car and Im afraid id miss it too much and wouldn't be able to find another one with all of the tasteful upgrades that have been done to it.
I think most of us are like this. The car is too much fun to give up until we have to. Except for maybe a few more track days than the OP wants, my car would be just right for him. But I plan on keeping it for a few more years.
Catsailr27 likes this.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-06-2018, 06:27 PM Thread Starter

I do realize that most will feel like you guys but what I'm hoping to do is to plant that seed for the one guy who's been toying with the idea of change be it upgrading or getting out to see that you don't have to part out your car to find someone with the same tastes. I will keep my fingers crossed otherwise there are many fine cars to be had come fall. I'm already in touch with Hayes and I follow all the ads I can find daily online.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-07-2018, 04:25 PM Thread Starter

I have to mention that I have Lotusitius and that I have an overwhelming desire to own every beautiful Lotus that I see. I have to keep focused on the vision and let desires just be that and stay focused on the perfect car. Once I find my car I hope that this disease settles down lol.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-09-2018, 01:23 PM Thread Starter

Found what looks to be a promising car! Anyone else thinking of selling their ride that matches what I'm looking for?
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-14-2018, 05:19 AM

My car is probably a great option for you however you will only have a couple days to decide.... As far as a PPI, the car is AT Intermechanica in mamaroneck, NY (Lotus Specialty Shop) and you can ask Waldir the owner all the questions in the world as the car is 100%.

I am selling with such little miles on the performance upgrades as I have moved across the country to CO, I rent an apartment without a garage in CO and the car is in CT and ultimately I want a weekend cruiser that wont hurt my lower back.

You should call me directly as in 24 - 48 hours I will most likely start having the supercharger and Alitech un-installed to try and preserve some $. 860-796-1882

Thank you

Nick
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-14-2018, 05:41 AM Thread Starter

Hi Nick,

Thanks for update. I have my fingers crossed on a car that has not come to market yet and it will be next week before they get to the PPI. Wish your ad was active earlier. You do know that your ad reads as if you've sold it and that it's unlikely that anyone would contact you about your car unless you show it as not sold. It's a shame to have to part it out! GLWS! Richard
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-30-2018, 03:43 PM Thread Starter

Success and thank you trav34! I had looked at so many cars online and got down to a couple of cars from the NE and Travis's car was the closest to what I was looking for! Long trailer ride home!
Attached Images

SS Lotus Elise likes this.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-30-2018, 04:24 PM

Garage
Congrats. Tell us about your new baby.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-30-2018, 04:43 PM Thread Starter

Hi Stan,

Just posted in new owner but in short here she is....'06 Elise ST/red,REV300,Nikasil coated block,upgraded valvetrain,forged pistons,Koldfire,ACT HDSS,CAI,Sector 111 oil pan,billet oil pump,catch can,surge tank,profab,BWR 2 piece rotors,ss brake lines,Ohlin Sports two way adj,BWR swaybar,6th gear swap,TC,LSS wheels,

Last edited by Catsailr27; 07-30-2018 at 05:09 PM. Reason: additional info
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Marketplace > Lotus Cars Wanted

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in