WTB: 06+ AW/GG/CO/KG Elise w/HT - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-20-2007, 10:30 PM Thread Starter

WTB: 06+ AW/GG/CO/KG Elise w/HT

Looking for an 06+ Elise. Must have a clean title and be a well-cared-for car with no severe accidents in its history.

Color (in descending order of preference): Aspen White, Graphite Gray, Chrome Orange, Krypton Green
Must have: Hard Top
Prefer to have: Sport Pack, Track Pack, A/C Delete (but will consider base cars with A/C)
Prefer NOT to have: Touring pack (but will consider a car with Touring if the interior is black).
Must NOT have: any performance mods that will not pass smog in CA

I am in central CA, and I would like to find a car within a two day's drive of here (say within 1200 miles of San Francisco). I will consider shipping from a reputable dealer outside that area if the price is fantastic

Chris

Last edited by Proto; 11-21-2007 at 06:08 AM. Reason: (modified performance mods criteria)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-20-2007, 10:52 PM

why no performance mods that aren't CARB legal? mine has ECU mods, CAI, header, sport cat, and aftermarket muffler. I passed the smog and visual in SF without doing any tinkering to it.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-21-2007, 06:13 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by vortrex View Post
why no performance mods that aren't CARB legal? mine has ECU mods, CAI, header, sport cat, and aftermarket muffler. I passed the smog and visual in SF without doing any tinkering to it.
What I meant is, "no performance mods that will not pass smog in CA" (initial post edited). I seem to recall that the initial smog inspection for an out of state car is more rigorous than normal, and I sort of assumed that something not CARB-certified would fail this inspection.

Chris

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-21-2007, 06:28 AM

Just a thought but some of the packages you perfer to have are great but keep in mind this. Packages are hard to add to a car...a hardtop you can always buy on the forums or at the dealership for $1,500...with that being said, you may want to take out "must have" in regards to the hardtop. It may open up some more options.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-21-2007, 06:32 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by s14roller View Post
Just a thought but some of the packages you perfer to have are great but keep in mind this. Packages are hard to add to a car...a hardtop you can always buy on the forums or at the dealership for $1,500...with that being said, you may want to take out "must have" in regards to the hardtop. It may open up some more options.
I guess I should get some more price quotes.. First dealer I called (BMC in SF) quoted $4500+ for a hardtop
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-21-2007, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
I guess I should get some more price quotes.. First dealer I called (BMC in SF) quoted $4500+ for a hardtop
Yeah that's ridcious lol...for the most part, I've seen people on forums sell hardtops and the local dealer sells them for around the price I stated. On my Window sticker, the hardtop option added $1,500.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-21-2007, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
What I meant is, "no performance mods that will not pass smog in CA" (initial post edited). I seem to recall that the initial smog inspection for an out of state car is more rigorous than normal, and I sort of assumed that something not CARB-certified would fail this inspection.

Chris
you should be fine. I brought my car from the east coast with all the mods and passed the smog.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Marketplace > Lotus Cars Wanted

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in