WTB: 2005 or 2006 Lotus Elise - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-30-2009, 02:49 PM Thread Starter

WTB: 2005 or 2006 Lotus Elise

I am looking for a 2005 or 2006 Lotus Elise.

Must be in Magnetic Blue! Must have Starshield and Touring Package. Hard top and sport package ok. Prefer tan interior but will consider black. If it's a 2005 must be pre-wired for lotus driving lights. Looking for something under 20k miles.

I hope i'm not being too picky but I used to have a 05 mag blue and absolutly loved it unfortunaly someone hit me and it was totalled. I really like this color and plan to keep the car for a very long time.

If you might have what i'm looking for please tell me a little about the car and what your are asking for it.

Thanks,
Ken.

05 Elise - Magnetic Blue
05 Elise - Magnetic Blue
06 Elise - Aubergine Purple
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-05-2009, 11:20 PM

Found about two dozen Elise's for sale - Lotus Elise - Lotus Elise For Sale
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-23-2010, 09:33 AM Thread Starter

Bump! Still looking for a car

I've decided to stick with just 2005s.

After driving a 2006 I do not like the throttle response of the TBW setup.

05 Elise - Magnetic Blue
05 Elise - Magnetic Blue

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-23-2010, 11:35 AM

I hope you find you MB Lotus - It's my dream car too! lol
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-24-2010, 05:02 PM

If you would consider "Laser" blue, I have a low mile car which meets all your other qualifications, and more. I'll have to check the "pre-wired for driving lights".
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-25-2010, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoenigElise05 View Post
If it's a 2005 must be pre-wired for lotus driving lights.
"Pre-wired" is a misnomer. All the cars are pre-wired for the actual Driving Lights. The early cars are wired so that the Driving Lights come on whenever the high beams are turned on (the Driving Lights are axillary - very bright - high beams, that shine far down the road).

Mid '05 they changed to "pre-wired" - what this means is that there is wiring in the light panel to add a switch to turn off the Driving Lights. They still are powered only when the high beams are on, but the switch gives you the option of not letting them come on at all. Frankly, it's not needed, as everybody leaves them set to turn on whenever the High Beams are active.

The reason for adding the switch was legal. Some states (including the one I live in) only allow four lights to shine from the front of the car. Since the low beams remain on when you change to high beams, you have four lights. Adding Driving Lights makes your car shine six lights which can be technically illegal depending on your state laws - therefore Lotus had to add the switch to ensure the car was legal everywhere.

But the practical side is that you can only turn on your high beams when there is no one if front of you, so what does it matter. The state laws were originally intended for the guys driving around in 4x4s with 20 lights mounted on their roll bars.

Bottom line is that pre-wired or not pre-wired, it doesn't really matter. The lights will come on with the high beams either way.

Oh yea, the early "non-pre-wired" cars are more likely to have dual oil coolers. Dual coolers was changed to single coolers (except on Sport Pack cars) about the same time that they were changed to "pre-wired".

Tim Mullen --- There is no such thing as Touring suspension or Touring wheels.

I love being married. It's so great to find that one person that you want to annoy for the rest of your life. - Rita Rudner

Chantilly, VA http://members.cox.net/elans4/
05 Lotus Elise - Chrome Orange - No Touring - No LSS - No Hardtop - Lotus Driving Lights - Lotus "Chin Guards" - plain and simple.
94 Miata R Package - Black
72 Lotus Elan Sprint - Colorado Orange/Cirrus White
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-25-2010, 10:16 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply but I really want to stick with Magnetic Blue.

I thought pre-wired meant the wire connectors for the driving lights (in the front clam) were already installed by the factory after vin 703? or around that number. I installed the kit on my first MB elise and the connectors were present. The kit already comes with the complete switch conversion and a relay as well. And from what I understand they were all designed to turn on with the high beams. I did however do some rewiring to make my driving lights turn on independently.

Any car before the vin (703?) will require complete wiring to make the driving lights work. That's why I am looking for a pre-wired car because I kept the driving lights off my wrecked car for the next one I purchase. I even kept my MB hard top too!

05 Elise - Magnetic Blue
05 Elise - Magnetic Blue
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-24-2010, 08:09 AM Thread Starter

The search continues!

Anyone interested in selling there 05 Magnetic Blue??

05 Elise - Magnetic Blue
05 Elise - Magnetic Blue
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-22-2010, 01:57 PM Thread Starter

*Bump*

05 Elise - Magnetic Blue
05 Elise - Magnetic Blue
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-22-2010, 02:34 PM

Contact Steve, he's " cawdor " on these forums. He has an 06' magnetic blue elise in Spokane, WA. It's for sale but I don't know the mileage. It has a hardtop with touring as well. From the pics, looks like a tan interior. He's a nice guy... looks like the exact car you're looking for.

Last edited by qu1Z; 04-22-2010 at 02:42 PM.
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-04-2010, 05:39 PM Thread Starter

qu1z...thanks for telling me about this car. However, I messaged cawdor and have not heard from him.

05 Elise - Magnetic Blue
05 Elise - Magnetic Blue
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-04-2010, 06:33 PM

Hope you find another Elise soon!

2008 Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera

Krypton Green Exige S
Factory Cup Roof (full mohawk), Stage 3 Exhaust (Sold)

2007 Ardent Red Elise (Sold)
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-08-2010, 12:10 PM

If you are still in the market, I am selling my 2006 Magnetic Blue Elise, hardtop, touring pack, black interior. Also has black wheels and black rear diffuser. The whole car has about 37,000 miles on it, but the engine was rebuilt from scratch and only has 7,000 miles on it. It was built with tons of upgrades for bullet-proof engine reliability and includes the Vision Function Stage II intercooled supercharger (just under 300 hp). The transmission was also replaced under warranty at about the same time, so it's only got 7k miles as well.

I should also add that the car has never been tracked and is driven gently. Lifetime fuel economy average since I've had it is 31 mpg. Also has a 2nd set of wheels and tires, and all 8 tires have great tread. I love the car and the beautiful color is less seen. Drives fabulous and is bloody fast! Let me know if you want more information or pictures.

Last edited by hegg; 05-08-2010 at 12:15 PM.
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-09-2010, 06:30 AM Thread Starter

hegg... Thanks for the inquiry. I am still looking. Your car sounds awesome with all the mods. However, I was planning on buying a salvage exige in the future and enjoying the hands on experience of building it up as a race car. For now I would prefer a mostly stock car with fewer chassis miles.

05 Elise - Magnetic Blue
05 Elise - Magnetic Blue
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-25-2010, 11:16 AM

Hello KoenigElise05,

I know you are looking for an 05 but I have an 06 Magnetic Blue Elise with bisquit interior. Mileage is currently under 3,600 and the car has starshield, sport, and touring packages but no hardtop. Always garaged, never raced, never been driven in the rain, and has only been driven by a mature driver (age 49). I am looking for $36,000 in order to sell and am located in central PA. Let me know if you have any interest. Thanks!
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-26-2010, 05:40 PM Thread Starter

tben

Sounds like a really nice car...how negotable is the price?

05 Elise - Magnetic Blue
05 Elise - Magnetic Blue
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-07-2010, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoenigElise05 View Post
tben

Sounds like a really nice car...how negotable is the price?
If you are interested, please email me at [email protected] and we can proceed from there. Thanks.
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-13-2011, 06:10 PM Thread Starter

Well came so close to getting what I wanted.

Found a 2006 Elise in Magnetic Blue and tan interior. Sport and touring packages. 9k miles and in New Jersey. Exactly what i'd really want. Talked to the guy and told him I was a serious buyer. Double checked with the bank and everything is a go. Call back and he had sold it for $26,000 with cash in hand. Sometimes I guess that's how it goes.

Anyone wanna sell there Magnetic Blue Elise? It's been 2 years since I've owned one. This year I am going to the Dragon for my cousins wedding. I want to actually bring a Lotus the Pittsburgh cars and coffee. Got the vintage grand prix and random shows.

Bump...

05 Elise - Magnetic Blue
05 Elise - Magnetic Blue
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Marketplace > Lotus Cars Wanted

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in