WTB: Exige S or S240 - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-22-2016, 06:50 PM Thread Starter

WTB: Exige S or S240

WTB: '07-10 Lotus Exige S or S240

Seeking Lotus Exige or Exige S with 30,000 or less miles.

Intending to track the car, so cosmetics need not be those of a garage queen, but do value clean mechanicals.

Modifications are tolerable, possibly desirable, given track intentions.

Prefer Northeast-located car to facilitate inspection and transportation to its new home in Boston.

Color not a priority, but my wife is the final arbiter on this one matter.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-23-2016, 05:05 AM

Best of luck - keep an eye on the for sale forum.

I think there is one or two for sale right now.

Not sure of your financial situation or spending limit, but I would advise an 07 Exige S. The extra cash that the s240s bring may not be worth it for a track car (20 hp is easy to extract from an 07, especially considering you will be tracking and modifying). Post pics when you get one!

Best,
James
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-23-2016, 05:46 AM Thread Starter

Thanks James. There is indeed a big price gap between the S and S240. The argument made to me for the S240 includes: traction control, better front brakes, 240's are rarer, and a better look from the roof air scoop. Still, that's a bit expensive for those items, when, as you note, upgrades quickly get you to 240hp on the S. Thanks for the advice and still debating the choice myself.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-23-2016, 07:59 AM
He's on fire!

Funny, Those are (just about) all things that would push me away from a car I intended to put on the track.

Of note: same transmission is in all cars, so upping the HP is pushing a transmission designed for a 180 hp econobox that much harder.

"Give a man a match, and he'll be warm for a minute, but set him on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-23-2016, 08:58 AM
Supporting Vendor

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-23-2016, 05:33 PM

I have a 2009 S240 I'm considering selling. Less than 8000 miles, but I'm located in TX. Send me an email at bmc350atmsndotcom if you want more info.

2009 Exige S240 - RLS intercooler tubes...

Sold: 2006 Solar Yellow Elise, LSS, Hardtop, Starshield, Touring, Ekological's HID, Multivex OEM, 3lb battery, DRL mod, Green filter, snorkel delete, aluminum headlight rings, re-ENFORCER, painted console/AC, clutch travel mod, 1/4 turn undertray fasteners, FF CF front spoiler, LETSLA, Derek's Mesh Side Vents
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-24-2016, 11:04 AM

im tossing the idea around of selling mine

as i have acquired a datsun roadster resto project and a new race car and a Pcar, lotus, 2 audis and a tow vehicle... sold my house and i am living in my rental with a one car garage while new house is built

2006 with 30 k invested
NEW tvs900 blower
NEW engine
NEW tranny with better limited slip
2 sets wheel on for street one for track
harness bar and NEW schroth harness
carbon everywhere and track wing and canards

all sector 111 track upgrades oil pan etc etc

clam hinge mod
catch cans
mini battery and relocated
batt cutoff switch

stock track pack suspension except for the sector mods... V shims and the rear track bracing

u can see build posts by search for my threads
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-24-2016, 11:06 AM

cleveland ohio is the location

and if you choose to proceed you will pay a penalty fee for what boston did to kevin loves shoulder in the NBA playoff last year
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-28-2016, 05:01 AM

Wow, the Chili Red one from Gator Motorsports is already gone. I can't believe how fast these things move (I'm looking for an '07 too). Good luck with your search.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-19-2016, 01:44 AM Thread Starter

The WTB post which started this thread resulted in a purchase of the pictured track-centric, Chili Red '07 Exige S. Thanks to others who offered their cars, but my experience was that there is a dearth of available Exige S's.

Judging by how well-received the car was at my Porsche Club of America track day, the Exige's exceptional track capabilities are well-known outside the (very helpful) LotusTalk forums...and could make for continued demand.

I was looking for a car well-kitted out for the track, and this car has a nice list of modifications.

A testament to Gator Motorsports matching me to the right car for my needs, I had the car on the track, Palmer Motorsports Park in western Mass., within 36 hours of it arriving by enclosed transport.

I had great pleasure working with Brian (GatorMS_Sales) and his expert team at Gator Motorsports. I hope to do business with them again, but what does one move on to in the Lotus marque after any Exige S, I guess a Cup car...
Attached Images

'07 Lotus Exige S - Chili Red
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-19-2016, 03:49 AM

Congrats, looks nice.
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-19-2016, 06:14 PM

Congrats on the purchase. I actually got a chance to see the car before you picked it up at Gator Motorsports when I was passing through Indy. That Chili Red color is awesome!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Marketplace > Lotus Cars Wanted

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in