WTB Lotus Elise 2005-2007 - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By oldmansan

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-01-2018, 04:38 PM Thread Starter

WTB Lotus Elise 2005-2007

Whats up community
Looking to get into a Lotus Elise (2005-2007)

I live in the Mid-West (Missouri) and may have to travel to pick up (AC, super important :)

I have my bank ready (Through USAA) and looking for my next toy. (nothing more than 32k, unless its superrrrrrr nice, but really want to stay under 32k)

Must Have:
-Air conditioning (Ozark's hot temp can get brutal, def. need the cold air)
-Hard top
-decent tires (more than likely driving it back)
-less than 100k miles (would like to see service records too) obviously looking for LOWER miles but def. not a deal-breaker if records are solid.

Would like to make this my daily so i def would appreciate a car that is up to date with services/recall.

may be interested in rebuilt/salvage (if price is right as my bank will only pay for 80%) but def. prefer clean title.

Shoot me a text or email (417)619-5056 / [email protected] with photos/video of car idling/driving and i will get back asap.

Thanks Ya'll, excited to see what is out there and i can't wait to get in one.

-Joe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-01-2018, 05:20 PM
The Enforcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Vang View Post
Whats up community
Looking to get into a Lotus Elise (2005-2007)

I live in the Mid-West (Missouri) and may have to travel to pick up (AC, super important :) I grew up in and near St. Louis. See my note below on AC.

I have my bank ready (Through USAA) and looking for my next toy. (nothing more than 32k, unless its superrrrrrr nice, but really want to stay under 32k)
Don't limit your want with an absolute maximum price. I appreciate having a budget in mind, but honestly another grand or two could be worth it for the perfect car.

Must Have:
-Air conditioning (Ozark's hot temp can get brutal, def. need the cold air) Usually AC delete is an option. The AC on the Elise is usually not on par with other cars. There are posts here on how to get more umph out of the AC, and window tint is your friend, but it will never be Honda cold.

-Hard top Again, don't limit yourself. The car you want might not have a hard top, but you can always find one and install it later. You may also find you want a hard top other than the stock one. It's not a deal breaker.

-decent tires (more than likely driving it back) Chances are any Elise you are considering has had the tires changed by the current owner. Negotiate new tires into the price if you're going to be driving it back.

-less than 100k miles (would like to see service records too) obviously looking for LOWER miles but def. not a deal-breaker if records are solid. The challenge would be to find one with 100K miles, as most don't daily drive the Elise.

Would like to make this my daily so i def would appreciate a car that is up to date with services/recall. Careful what you wish for. Daily driving the Elise is done by few, especially in Missouri, with a decent amount of snow. Before you decide you know how to drive in snow (so do I), you have to consider those that can't running into you. It's bad enough people don't see the Elise because of the diminutive size.

may be interested in rebuilt/salvage (if price is right as my bank will only pay for 80%) but def. prefer clean title. If you decide to go this route, check out wirewheel. For most members here, they would only consider a salvage title from them. LOTUS FOR SALE

Shoot me a text or email (417)619-5056 / [email protected] with photos/video of car idling/driving and i will get back asap.

Thanks Ya'll, excited to see what is out there and i can't wait to get in one.

-Joe
First of all, let me thank you for posting a realistic WTB a Lotus Elise with regards to price. It's amazing how many people post up a WTB with very unrealistic expectations (you know who you are). I'm going to address each paragraph inline in red.

Good luck.

San
Joseph Vang likes this.

#8 Metric Allen Key, Plastic Carpet Buttons
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-01-2018, 06:38 PM Thread Starter

Thank you for the insights! Great information and I will def. take them in consideration. Much appreciated!

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-02-2018, 08:31 AM
Supporting Vendor

Have a look at our cars: HERE They are a bit higher then your target but they are all prepped to a much higher standard then most private sales.

InoKinetic - Tasty Bits for Your Lotus

BlackShadow Motors - Niche Car Sales, Service & Restoration

Email or call (951)296-6762 us for advice. We will respond!
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-03-2018, 08:35 PM

Nice Elise on your site Shinoo for sure, but I will say mine is also pretty pristine, especially for the asking price.

https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f94...t-blue-459042/

06' Elise Touring Midnight Blue
(20kmi For Sale $34,950)

Last edited by ggerosky; 07-03-2018 at 08:50 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Marketplace > Lotus Cars Wanted

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in