WTB Magnetic Blue 06+ Elise - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-01-2019, 11:17 AM Thread Starter

WTB Magnetic Blue 06+ Elise

If you’re considering selling yours, get in touch and I’m happy to agree to a fair price. I can save you the hassle of listing privately and dealing with any buyers who aren’t serious and ready to go.

Last edited by WMBL; 02-15-2019 at 10:38 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-16-2019, 09:49 AM Thread Starter

Bumping for visibility -- I haven't seen any nationwide. Apparently 33 Magnetic Blue cars were imported for the 2006 model year.

I remember driving one of those units, with a biscuit interior and black touring wheels, back in Southern California in 2007. Believe it or not, it was a rental car from Enterprise's specialty collection at the time.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-16-2019, 10:12 AM
Less is Better

Why not '05? Aversion to throttle cables?

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-16-2019, 04:39 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by me73 View Post
Why not '05? Aversion to throttle cables?
My credit union offered me a very low rate for this purchase, so I decided to take their low cost funds and put my cash elsewhere. But they'll only lend up to a 2006 Elise -- a 2005 model year car is too old.

BTW - nice garage! A V8 Vantage is a car I also have my eye on to add to my garage in a few years.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-16-2019, 07:34 PM
Less is Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMBL View Post
My credit union offered me a very low rate for this purchase, so I decided to take their low cost funds and put my cash elsewhere. But they'll only lend up to a 2006 Elise -- a 2005 model year car is too old.

BTW - nice garage! A V8 Vantage is a car I also have my eye on to add to my garage in a few years.
Good luck in your search, it's one of the best colors, but don't overlook nightfall either. The Vantage is an amazing car, but completely different from the Lotus. A little advice on the Vantage, never buy a newer Aston Martin, like other British exotics, they loose a painful amount of value very quickly.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-16-2019, 10:11 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by me73 View Post
Good luck in your search, it's one of the best colors, but don't overlook nightfall either. The Vantage is an amazing car, but completely different from the Lotus. A little advice on the Vantage, never buy a newer Aston Martin, like other British exotics, they loose a painful amount of value very quickly.
Nightfall is also a beautiful color. Either blue looks fantastic on the Elise.

I agree with you that the V8V and Elise are different cars, both wonderful! I rented a V8 Vantage for a weekend to see how I'd like it and it was a blast. I figure by the time I'm ready for that one, the later cars '14/'15/etc. will have continued to depreciate and will probably be a reasonable buy then.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Marketplace > Lotus Cars Wanted

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in