LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community (https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/)
-   Lotus Cars Wanted (https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f177/)
-   -   WTB...stillLooking hard! (https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f177/wtb-stilllooking-hard-466640/)

gregoryk 02-25-2019 01:56 PM

WTB...stillLooking hard!

Hi
I'm still looking hard for the elusive 05 Elise in AR with black int, both Sport and Touring packages a clean title and no modifications.
I've joined a number of Lotus clubs but the cars I'm seeing most are from dealers who aren't really knowledgeable. I would prefer to buy from a club or forum member if possible.
Maybe I'm being to picky about the 05 only thing. My reasoning is that the first and last years of production will be more collectible sometime in the future (just my opinion).
Anyone have input or advice?

oldmansan 02-25-2019 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gregoryk (Post 5926668)
Hi
I'm still looking hard for the elusive 05 Elise in AR with black int, both Sport and Touring packages a clean title and no modifications.
I've joined a number of Lotus clubs but the cars I'm seeing most are from dealers who aren't really knowledgeable. I would prefer to buy from a club or forum member if possible.
Maybe I'm being to picky about the 05 only thing. My reasoning is that the first and last years of production will be more collectible sometime in the future (just my opinion).

Your logic is flawed IMHO. There were tons (relatively) of Elise cars produced in 05, which makes them quite common. The much later S3s were made in smaller numbers, but honestly there aren't a lot of "rare" Elise models, unless you're drinking the "special colors and/or limited numbers" Lotus Aid.

San

LostPawn 02-25-2019 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gregoryk (Post 5926668)
Hi

There were more '05s produced so not sure the logic stands that the first year of production will be more collectible in this case. You should be able to find more of that year for sale but the colors and package combo is likely going to limit you, then add no modifications and you might be looking for a unicorn. Keep looking and I'd expect to see more cars show up for sale once driving season starts in the next couple of months.

Obeisance 02-25-2019 03:47 PM

https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f25...umbers-396601/

also, i think that ardent red doesn't have metal flake and it was the second most common color in '05. this makes it a good choice for finding/creating color matched spare parts.

shinoo 02-26-2019 09:10 AM

I agree with you that the 05 will be the desired year. The 05 has the iconic pedals. These are the Al extrusions that were used on the S1 Elise but discontinued starting in 2006. For this reason, it will become more desirable in the future.

Along a similar vein, AR is a color that is neither unique nor rare. If rarity is what is driving you then I have a CO '05 that is a base car with wind-up windows for sale: HERE

AR is a cool color so I can't fault your choice! :D

kestrel74 02-26-2019 01:38 PM

Unless you've SEEN all the colors in person.......don't LIMIT yourself to AR. Also, think about the resale...for example, it would be a LOT easier to sell a Aubergine Purple than a yellow or red or silver.

gregoryk 02-27-2019 02:43 PM

I admit I have not seen all the paint colors in person, I guess I just like the way AR looks on the Elise. Aubergine is very cool and I like the CO cars too. The only colors I really don't want are Yellow and I've been up to my ears in Silver cars lately.
I do want to have the Sport and Touring packages, black interior and under 20k miles.
Patience will pay off I'm sure.
Any thoughts?

shinoo 02-27-2019 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gregoryk (Post 5927022)
I admit I have not seen all the paint colors in person, I guess I just like the way AR looks on the Elise. Aubergine is very cool and I like the CO cars too. The only colors I really don't want are Yellow and I've been up to my ears in Silver cars lately.
I do want to have the Sport and Touring packages, black interior and under 20k miles.
Patience will pay off I'm sure.
Any thoughts?

We have a Silver Elise as well that is excellent as we have complete gone over it. It is sweet. You can see it: HERE

I understand the desire for a brighter color but I have owned several Elise/Exige in various colors (my current is black) and can say that you forget color fairly quickly as the driving feeling is what will get you hooked. Spend your time looking for a car with clear records and in good mechanical condition. I would place color secondary or even tertiary....

gregoryk 02-27-2019 05:47 PM

That is a great looking car. I like Titanium Gray also, but.. I have a silver Lexus RX350 and I just sold my Pure Silver 07 Mini Cooper S Convertible. I just need a change.

oldmansan 02-27-2019 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gregoryk (Post 5927046)
That is a great looking car. I like Titanium Gray also, but.. I have a silver Lexus RX350 and I just sold my Pure Silver 07 Mini Cooper S Convertible. I just need a change.

I believe you mean Storm Titanium.

San

gregoryk 02-28-2019 06:39 AM

My mistake. Thanks for the heads up.

Akost9500 03-02-2019 11:19 AM

Do you have a budget in mind?

gregoryk 03-03-2019 04:04 PM

Akost9500 thanks for the response.
Yes I do have a budget. Do you have a car to sell, some details, photos and an asking price? I'm in no way trying to be a wiseguy just trying to keep the horse in front of the cart.