WTB...stillLooking hard! - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-25-2019, 01:56 PM Thread Starter
gregoryk

WTB...stillLooking hard!

Hi
I'm still looking hard for the elusive 05 Elise in AR with black int, both Sport and Touring packages a clean title and no modifications.
I've joined a number of Lotus clubs but the cars I'm seeing most are from dealers who aren't really knowledgeable. I would prefer to buy from a club or forum member if possible.
Maybe I'm being to picky about the 05 only thing. My reasoning is that the first and last years of production will be more collectible sometime in the future (just my opinion).
Anyone have input or advice?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-25-2019, 02:02 PM
The Enforcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregoryk View Post
Hi
I'm still looking hard for the elusive 05 Elise in AR with black int, both Sport and Touring packages a clean title and no modifications.
I've joined a number of Lotus clubs but the cars I'm seeing most are from dealers who aren't really knowledgeable. I would prefer to buy from a club or forum member if possible.
Maybe I'm being to picky about the 05 only thing. My reasoning is that the first and last years of production will be more collectible sometime in the future (just my opinion).
Your logic is flawed IMHO. There were tons (relatively) of Elise cars produced in 05, which makes them quite common. The much later S3s were made in smaller numbers, but honestly there aren't a lot of "rare" Elise models, unless you're drinking the "special colors and/or limited numbers" Lotus Aid.

San

#8 Metric Allen Key, Plastic Carpet Buttons
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-25-2019, 02:03 PM
Addict

Garage
Quote:
Hi
There were more '05s produced so not sure the logic stands that the first year of production will be more collectible in this case. You should be able to find more of that year for sale but the colors and package combo is likely going to limit you, then add no modifications and you might be looking for a unicorn. Keep looking and I'd expect to see more cars show up for sale once driving season starts in the next couple of months.

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-25-2019, 03:47 PM

https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f25...umbers-396601/

also, i think that ardent red doesn't have metal flake and it was the second most common color in '05. this makes it a good choice for finding/creating color matched spare parts.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-26-2019, 09:10 AM
Supporting Vendor

I agree with you that the 05 will be the desired year. The 05 has the iconic pedals. These are the Al extrusions that were used on the S1 Elise but discontinued starting in 2006. For this reason, it will become more desirable in the future.

Along a similar vein, AR is a color that is neither unique nor rare. If rarity is what is driving you then I have a CO '05 that is a base car with wind-up windows for sale: HERE

AR is a cool color so I can't fault your choice!

InoKinetic - Tasty Bits for Your Lotus

BlackShadow Motors - Niche Car Sales, Service & Restoration

Email or call (951)296-6762 us for advice. We will respond!
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-26-2019, 01:38 PM
www.theapexinn.com

Unless you've SEEN all the colors in person.......don't LIMIT yourself to AR. Also, think about the resale...for example, it would be a LOT easier to sell a Aubergine Purple than a yellow or red or silver.

Elise #2292 (SOLD) / CO / Starshield / Nitron Sport SA / RTDbrace / Uprights machined / Down Low rails / DBA 4000 Wiper Slot Rotors/ V1 / SS lines w/Pagid Black / G-Pan / Odyssey PC680 with RLS Bracket / Difflow 5 Element diffuser / Stebel Nautilus horn
www.theapexinn.com
" I started flying when Sex was safe and Hang Gliding was dangerous "
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-27-2019, 02:43 PM Thread Starter
gregoryk

I admit I have not seen all the paint colors in person, I guess I just like the way AR looks on the Elise. Aubergine is very cool and I like the CO cars too. The only colors I really don't want are Yellow and I've been up to my ears in Silver cars lately.
I do want to have the Sport and Touring packages, black interior and under 20k miles.
Patience will pay off I'm sure.
Any thoughts?
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-27-2019, 03:48 PM
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
I admit I have not seen all the paint colors in person, I guess I just like the way AR looks on the Elise. Aubergine is very cool and I like the CO cars too. The only colors I really don't want are Yellow and I've been up to my ears in Silver cars lately.
I do want to have the Sport and Touring packages, black interior and under 20k miles.
Patience will pay off I'm sure.
Any thoughts?
We have a Silver Elise as well that is excellent as we have complete gone over it. It is sweet. You can see it: HERE

I understand the desire for a brighter color but I have owned several Elise/Exige in various colors (my current is black) and can say that you forget color fairly quickly as the driving feeling is what will get you hooked. Spend your time looking for a car with clear records and in good mechanical condition. I would place color secondary or even tertiary....

InoKinetic - Tasty Bits for Your Lotus

BlackShadow Motors - Niche Car Sales, Service & Restoration

Email or call (951)296-6762 us for advice. We will respond!
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-27-2019, 05:47 PM Thread Starter
gregoryk

That is a great looking car. I like Titanium Gray also, but.. I have a silver Lexus RX350 and I just sold my Pure Silver 07 Mini Cooper S Convertible. I just need a change.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-27-2019, 09:24 PM
The Enforcer

Quote:
That is a great looking car. I like Titanium Gray also, but.. I have a silver Lexus RX350 and I just sold my Pure Silver 07 Mini Cooper S Convertible. I just need a change.
I believe you mean Storm Titanium.

San

#8 Metric Allen Key, Plastic Carpet Buttons
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-28-2019, 06:39 AM Thread Starter
gregoryk

My mistake. Thanks for the heads up.
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-02-2019, 11:19 AM

Do you have a budget in mind?
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-03-2019, 04:04 PM Thread Starter
gregoryk

Akost9500 thanks for the response.
Yes I do have a budget. Do you have a car to sell, some details, photos and an asking price? I'm in no way trying to be a wiseguy just trying to keep the horse in front of the cart.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Marketplace > Lotus Cars Wanted

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in