Which of these used cars would you buy? Super Stalker/ Ultralite S2k - Page 2 - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-08-2010, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnr View Post
Since we are talking about Caterhams and Ultralites, this is a video I made over the weekend of me chasing the only Caterham R500 at Buttonwillow. The car has only slightly more power than my Ultralite (263 bhp Vs 240 bhp) than mine but is significantly lighter (1200 lbs Vs 1400 lbs) which makes it much faster in straight line. You can see that every time we get onto a straight he is able to pull away from me. The only reason I was able to keep up at all was because he would have to wait for point-bys from slower cars while I could just stream through the openings he made. More info about the event is on my blog.

YouTube - WCM Ultralite chasing a Caterham R500
you need a sock over the mic
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-08-2010, 08:42 AM

I have a Seven that I vintage race if anyone is local to South Georgia or traveling on I-95 (I live just a little ways off the Interstate) and wants to take a look or talk over the cars give me a shout out.

Todd
post #23 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-16-2010, 02:56 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for everyone's advice in this thread. I think I know which one is for me, but I am having trouble sourcing a test ride in either car.

BUT...this Saturday I am going for a ride with a bunch of seven replicas and hopefully I'll get a better picture even if these two manufacturers aren't there.

post #24 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-16-2010, 02:59 PM

wait thats not a real Enzo?
post #25 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-02-2010, 09:39 AM Thread Starter

I bought slightly used Brunton Super Stalker from a guy in Tulsa, OK. I flew out and drove it to Helen, GA for the Brunton Automotive yearly meeting in the Smokies called the Ambush. It was incredible fun and everything I was missing from the bikes. Here is my trip report:

Flying out 8/26 to OK and driving my Brunton Super Stalker Home!!! - USA7s

Here are pics from the trip and group meet:

Ambush 8_26_2010 | Facebook

And lastly here is a shot of me and the stalker on Deal's Gap doing what the
beast does best:

PhotoReflect - Powerhead Productions - killboy.com - Deals Gap - Wednesday - September 1, 2010

Buy one! I did 900 miles from Helen, GA back home in one day via highway. Usually I'd be falling asleep, but the attention you get with people taking pics on the road and waving, the 1/2 hour gas stops because every car enthusiasts has to say hello, keeps you awake and then some.

Thanks again for the help!
post #26 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-02-2010, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBH View Post
Both of these cars are great 7 clones. I'd probably get one of these if I went for a 7 as the engine/drivetrain is much cheaper than a Caterham. I'm partial to the WCM car as the design of the kit is outstanding.
The '62 registration is fairly common. In some states you have to do something like this to get a kit car registered.
I know the registration work around is common. The Cobra guys do the same thing, get a VIN plate off of a 60's era Ford, then call their cars a 'real' Cobra.

It's kind of like Woodstock, if everyone who claims they were at Woodstock actually WAS at Woodstock, it would have been about 6 million people.

If all the Cobras claimed to be Cobras actually WERE Cobras, the production run would be 100 times more than actual.

I'd just rather not see something that isn't a Lotus be titled as a Lotus. But that's just me.
post #27 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-24-2010, 08:06 PM

Awesome car - congrats!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > Lotus Inspired Cars or Cars with Lotus DNA

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in