The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

Valentine 1 install on my Seven

6K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  jasper 
#1 ·
i just got finished installing my detector on my caterham. i attached the detector to a small aluminum plate, then attached the plate to the two buttons in between the seats. I attached the detector to the plate with velcro. This means i can take the detector off by the velcro or by the two buttons. i ran the cord along the trans tunnel and under the dash. i mounted the remote display on the dash and drilled a hole for the wire. the detector is wired into the car so it turns on and off with the ignition. All the wires are then tucked up under the dash. The detector works great and doesnt get blocked by the windkick.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Looks like a good placement !

#3 ·
I have mine mounted on my roll cage...with a blinder laser shifter right next to it.

How do you like the car? I have driven that car many times and it is one of my favorite sevens.

I am glad I had a small part in putting the deal together.

#4 ·
i LOVE it!! it is such an amazingly fun car to drive. it impossible to drive it without a smile on your face. Thanks again for helping me get this seven, it now got almost 6000 miles on it

#5 ·
As you may or may not know, I sold my Caterham to buy the Elise. I then bought it back last fall.

This spring on my first drive....my son was following me in the Elise. We went to the Glen or somewhere. When we got back, my son said...."Dad, you have been smiling from the time we left and you are still smiling"

Caterhams have a way of doing that.....

#8 ·
Yes...and an Elan

Attachments

#15 ·
From me experience, water does not seem to bother the V1. I have driven my car in pouring rain and the detector sits right under the roll cage and gets soaked.

never had an issue and I have been caught in the rain more this year than all the rest of my years as a Caterham owner combined.

#16 ·
yeah, but sometimes you are driving and it happens

Here is a shot of my wife expressing her displeasure in the appearance of an unexpected desert thunderstorm during our trip this summer

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.