Venom GT at 260 mph in Forza - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-08-2012, 03:42 AM Thread Starter

Venom GT at 260 mph in Forza

here's a pretty cool video with the Venom GT takes to 260 mph in Forza Motorsport

Hennessey Venom GT extreme driving in Forza - Addicted to play
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-08-2012, 05:21 AM

Maybe I'm just stupid, but isn't that a video game?

Should it mean something to me?

Can I also hook up with Minka Kelly in a video game?
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-24-2012, 05:34 AM

You're completely missing the point of video games... but I agree posting about fake cars on a board where everyone has a real version, maybe not totally sensible.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-24-2012, 06:35 AM

It is the fact that it is as close to 260 as that car is going to get for a while as Hennessy doesn't seem to ever pull the trigger on a top speed run yet lol
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-24-2012, 06:53 AM

Garage
Yeah, I like video games a lot, and where I have respect for Forza, the enginneering, the designing, the physics engine, etc...I have to admit this does nothing for me. I read through the article, but then just lost complete interest about watching the video.

Playing video games is great, feedback controls, the ability to set up the throttle, braking, etc. for your style of "driving," but in the end...there is no "REAL LIFE" crisis that could actually occur while driving.

I remember there being a study where they took a video game driver and stuck him behind the while of a race car and then put him up against one of the drivers in the video game in real life. Needless to say the video gamer did not stand a chance and was far from able to stay up. But at the same time he did much better than your average Joe.

I would love to see this gamer actually be placed behind the wheel of a TRUE Venom GT and see if he/she could really hold the lines that he/she could in the video game. Because once you incorporate G-Forces into actual driving situation you have to ask yourself, could I REALLY drive like I did in the video game?

I think not, unless you were a professional driver in real life.

2005 Lotus Elise Graphite Grey - Salvaged title started the SSM build!!!
Maverick ML8 - Other daily
2005 VW Passat Station Wagon TDI (harder to find than the lotus?)
2005 Lotus Elise Starlight Black - Sold
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-24-2012, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantmcm View Post
Yeah, I like video games a lot, and where I have respect for Forza, the enginneering, the designing, the physics engine, etc...I have to admit this does nothing for me. I read through the article, but then just lost complete interest about watching the video.

Playing video games is great, feedback controls, the ability to set up the throttle, braking, etc. for your style of "driving," but in the end...there is no "REAL LIFE" crisis that could actually occur while driving.

I remember there being a study where they took a video game driver and stuck him behind the while of a race car and then put him up against one of the drivers in the video game in real life. Needless to say the video gamer did not stand a chance and was far from able to stay up. But at the same time he did much better than your average Joe.

I would love to see this gamer actually be placed behind the wheel of a TRUE Venom GT and see if he/she could really hold the lines that he/she could in the video game. Because once you incorporate G-Forces into actual driving situation you have to ask yourself, could I REALLY drive like I did in the video game?

Umm... just put me behind the wheel for that I have a lot of video game experience and 1 track day
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-24-2012, 09:36 AM

Look, it's a million dollar lotus elise!

Except it's ugly

Sport Elise #30
BMW Z4 sdrive35i
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-24-2012, 01:22 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwingLo View Post
Maybe I'm just stupid, but isn't that a video game?

i would be willing to bet the OP is a spam bot judging by his registration date/post count... then again I guess im a sucker for getting reeled into posting in the topic as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierBayArea View Post
Look, it's a million dollar lotus elise!

Except it's ugly
uhhhhhh, not sure if you're serious... but if you think the venom is ugly then im curious as to what you think the elise/exige is? because it looks identical (outside of the venom being a bit larger & having a different powerplant)

'05 ST Elise: DHP exhaust, Quantum Zero's, Forge MS radiator, s111 v3 eliminator, s111 DSbrace, ce28n, ic7 dash...
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-24-2012, 01:43 PM

Yeah i let my 12 yr old son drive the golf cart and yes he quickly learned real life is very unlike a video game. But he learns well! Now for the manual tranny!

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

05 elise ardent red sport touring VF1 s/c, pro rad, arquay twin, etc etc etc
05 elise GG sport touring BWR s/c Charliex s/p dent in chassis=total loss
17 BMW 428i conv wifes car
03 GMC Yukon
90 eclipse gsx 420 whp sold
04 civic si sold
13 Ford focus ST
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-24-2012, 03:53 PM

Little known fact that John Hennessy and Gerald Weigert separated at birth.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-24-2012, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantmcm View Post

I agree with everything yo say, and doing gazillion MPH in a video game does nothing to me as well, but look up Lucas Ordonez (Lucas Ordˇ˝ez).

He's doing pretty good for a gamer-turned racecar driver. He won the PlayStation GT Academy in 2008, and now competes/competed in European LMS, LeMans, Dubai 24hr, Nur 24hr, etc.

2001 2JZ-GE
2008 N54B30
2008 2ZZ-GZE
2015 N63B44O1

http://www.youtube.com/forkmeupscotty
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > Lotus Inspired Cars or Cars with Lotus DNA

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in