Larini Dual Exit SE-Style Pre-Order - Page 3 - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community
 21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 77 (permalink) Old 01-03-2018, 09:50 AM

..ok and to be clear - I just talked to Elise-Shop --- and they DO indeed have them in stock. Out the door including shipping is $823.48 - so unless BWR is charging less than $48.48 for shipping then there is no point in doing this - and even at that you have to wait 12 weeks for BWR to send it? It looks to me like you'll be spending more money to wait 6 times as long for the same part. I'm out - I'll just get it from elise-shop.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 77 (permalink) Old 01-03-2018, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TachItUp View Post
It's not actually VAT, but an import duty
Yes, exactly, what's what I meant. On my $1700 suspension it was $57, so, yeah, not so much on this exhaust.

2006 Exige
post #43 of 77 (permalink) Old 01-03-2018, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechnoHippie View Post
..ok and to be clear - I just talked to Elise-Shop --- and they DO indeed have them in stock. Out the door including shipping is $823.48 - so unless BWR is charging less than $48.48 for shipping then there is no point in doing this - and even at that you have to wait 12 weeks for BWR to send it? It looks to me like you'll be spending more money to wait 6 times as long for the same part. I'm out - I'll just get it from elise-shop.
Hold on there partner, maybe Fred can get us a special group buy price, and if not, maybe we can pool one together ourselves. Fred has to make some money to make it worth his while, nobody works for free. So let's see if we can make one of these options happen, I'd like to have a spare.

2006 Exige

post #44 of 77 (permalink) Old 01-03-2018, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VisualEchos View Post
Hold on there partner, maybe Fred can get us a special group buy price, and if not, maybe we can pool one together ourselves. Fred has to make some money to make it worth his while, nobody works for free. So let's see if we can make one of these options happen, I'd like to have a spare.
The original post here says the group buy price is $775 + shipping - and I don't see any response to questions regarding how much that shipping is going to be either. Unless enough of us join in to where he can knock $200 bucks off the price there is simply no way this can ever be worth it - and frankly I don't see that happening. If the 5 people required to get this price from BWR pooled the money and bought from elise-shop instead we'd all probably get a much better deal and get the item faster too. I'm checking into that right now.
post #45 of 77 (permalink) Old 01-03-2018, 10:36 AM

Quote:
The original post here says the group buy price is $775 + shipping - and I don't see any response to questions regarding how much that shipping is going to be either. Unless enough of us join in to where he can knock $200 bucks off the price there is simply no way this can ever be worth it - and frankly I don't see that happening. If the 5 people required to get this price from BWR pooled the money and bought from elise-shop instead we'd all probably get a much better deal and get the item faster too. I'm checking into that right now.
Not meaning to cut Fred out of the deal, he's been great for the Lotus community, but if we can get a great deal on them, I'm in for sure, money is ready.

2006 Exige
post #46 of 77 (permalink) Old 01-03-2018, 11:39 AM

OK - so good news is they'll do a 10% discount if order 5 or more - bad news is they don't have that many in stock, so add 6 weeks - meaning it will probably take 8 weeks to get them.

...meaning roughly it should be this:

595.20 cost - minus 10% if we order 5 or more, so 535.68 -- which is $643.77
89.66 shipping - which is $107.75 (assuming no discount on shipping).

..brings us to $751.52 including shipping. BWR wants $775 PLUS shipping - so elise-shop is going to be at least $100 cheaper and a month faster. So now the question is can BWR match the price or not.
VisualEchos likes this.
post #47 of 77 (permalink) Old 01-03-2018, 12:27 PM

$750 shipped, that sounds nice.

2006 Exige
post #48 of 77 (permalink) Old 01-03-2018, 03:06 PM

Quote:
OK - so good news is they'll do a 10% discount if order 5 or more - bad news is they don't have that many in stock, so add 6 weeks - meaning it will probably take 8 weeks to get them.

...meaning roughly it should be this:

595.20 cost - minus 10% if we order 5 or more, so 535.68 -- which is $643.77
89.66 shipping - which is $107.75 (assuming no discount on shipping).

..brings us to $751.52 including shipping. BWR wants $775 PLUS shipping - so elise-shop is going to be at least $100 cheaper and a month faster. So now the question is can BWR match the price or not.
Not sure if the exchange rate is correct. If I used x-rates.com to convert now, it would be:
535.68 ==> 723.740370 USD (Currency Calculator (British Pound, US Dollar) - X-Rates)
89.66 shipping ==> 121.139555 USD (Currency Calculator (British Pound, US Dollar) - X-Rates)

so total from elise-shop TODAY would be: $844.87 with the 10% discount
post #49 of 77 (permalink) Old 01-03-2018, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitro_rabbit View Post
Not sure if the exchange rate is correct. If I used x-rates.com to convert now, it would be:
535.68 ==> 723.740370 USD (Currency Calculator (British Pound, US Dollar) - X-Rates)
89.66 shipping ==> 121.139555 USD (Currency Calculator (British Pound, US Dollar) - X-Rates)

is Euro though ... is the British Pound....so you should be going Euro to US dollar, not British Pound to US dollar.
post #50 of 77 (permalink) Old 01-03-2018, 03:17 PM

Quote:
is Euro though ... is the British Pound....so you should be going Euro to US dollar, not British Pound to US dollar.

Oh sorry
post #51 of 77 (permalink) Old 01-03-2018, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitro_rabbit View Post

Forget what I said, I thought elise-shop was using british pound but they are using Euro instead.
post #52 of 77 (permalink) Old 01-03-2018, 03:25 PM

You know, in all fairness to Blackwatch Racing, this is their thread and not your discussion on how to get the parts in a different way. I'm really surprised that one of the moderators has not said something.

Later,
Eldon
darkSol and jds62f like this.
post #53 of 77 (permalink) Old 01-03-2018, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldonz View Post
You know, in all fairness to Blackwatch Racing, this is their thread and not your discussion on how to get the parts in a different way. I'm really surprised that one of the moderators has not said something.

Later,
Eldon
Good point - but it's a Lotus forum & the idea here is to help each other out. If there is a way to help people save over 100 bucks on an identical part for their Lotus, that seems to me it should take precedence as that's the whole concept of the forum to begin with. I suppose we could start another thread somewhere else though if someone wants to do that
post #54 of 77 (permalink) Old 01-03-2018, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Good point - but it's a Lotus forum & the idea here is to help each other out. If there is a way to help people save over 100 bucks on an identical part for their Lotus, that seems to me it should take precedence as that's the whole concept of the forum to begin with. I suppose we could start another thread somewhere else though if someone wants to do that
Yes, this it is a forum and Blackwatch is a registered vendor on this forum. Which means, he helps supports this forum so it is free to the rest of us. Blackwatch started the thread to sell something that you guys wanted. Now you have hijacked the thread and hurt their credibility. The next time we want something from a vendor, they may think twice.

That is all that I'm saying,
Eldon
SS Lotus Elise likes this.
post #55 of 77 (permalink) Old 01-03-2018, 05:33 PM Thread Starter
Elise Guru

As EldonZ said, it costs us alot to support this forum. I am talking to Larini about this now. I'll be back tomorrow to see where we are. I would encourage everyone to support their vendors and remember that chasing every last penny or questioning the integrity of vendors casually may not work out as well as you might think. We are people too. We are passionate about the cars and helping folks make their dream. We relay the information we have as best we can. We wouldn't be in business as long as we have and have alot of happy customers if we weren't straight with people.

Multiple SCCA Solo National and Pro Solo National Championships

Blackwatch Racing - Better for the Street, Proven on the track

Lotus Performance Parts and Accessories

Winning Suspension
- Larini Exhaust - BWR Close Ratio Gearset
We build the toughest Lotus Transmissions for the Elige. From Stock to SCCA-NASA-World Challenge Winners.

6UL wheels
post #56 of 77 (permalink) Old 01-04-2018, 08:08 AM Thread Starter
Elise Guru

Ok here is the story: The European Vendor mentioned above actually does not have inventory. He thought he had one but was mistaken as it has been discontinued by Larini. As such he was also mistaken about leadtime. He will not be taking orders and shipping to the US etc. All of this should be confirmed to TechnoHippie by ES. Our original special buy is on if we hit the 5 minimum. As far as shipping goes, it varies based on location. Could be $50 or less, could be $80+ cross country. Big box with alot of packing material + insurance. Please post if you want one. We'll try to wrap it up by the weekend.

Thanks,

Fred
SS Lotus Elise and CRG53 like this.

Winning Suspension
We build the toughest Lotus Transmissions for the Elige. From Stock to SCCA-NASA-World Challenge Winners.

6UL wheels
post #57 of 77 (permalink) Old 01-04-2018, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldonz View Post
Yes, this it is a forum and Blackwatch is a registered vendor on this forum. Which means, he helps supports this forum so it is free to the rest of us. Blackwatch started the thread to sell something that you guys wanted. Now you have hijacked the thread and hurt their credibility. The next time we want something from a vendor, they may think twice.

That is all that I'm saying,
Eldon
I think it's good to question anything that doesn't make sense, including vendors' prices. Having said that, I have supported most, if not all of our vendors, including BWR, but that doesn't mean that I don't also look for the best price.

I have a feeling that your response to TH would have been the very same if he had made his own thread, so where is he to go? He's just trying to save himself, and possibly like-minded people some money.

Hopefully BWR can get it all handled for a great price and it'll all be good in the end.

2006 Exige
post #58 of 77 (permalink) Old 01-04-2018, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VisualEchos View Post
I think it's good to question anything that doesn't make sense, including vendors' prices. Having said that, I have supported most, if not all of our vendors, including BWR, but that doesn't mean that I don't also look for the best price.

I have a feeling that your response to TH would have been the very same if he had made his own thread, so where is he to go? He's just trying to save himself, and possibly like-minded people some money.

Hopefully BWR can get it all handled for a great price and it'll all be good in the end.
You are incorrect, I would not have made those comments if the discussion was in a separate thread.

I believe that we should end this discussion in this thread and let BWR have their thread back so he can get you guys an exhaust system.

Later,
Eldon
post #59 of 77 (permalink) Old 01-05-2018, 01:45 AM

Lets get two more in on this!

2005 Saffron Yellow Elise // Sport Pack NO touring // Stage 2 Exhaust / bling buttons

SOLD - 05 Starlight Black Biscuit Int // Hard Top // BWR SC // Von Hep Exhaust // Naked rear // Cup Box // Manley Mounts // Rota Wheels W/ Toyo R1R's // ForceFed Carbon Fiber Splitter // Carbon Fiber Engine lid cover // Custom side grills // LidBone // JL Audio VR525-CXi Front and Rear // Micro Mirror // Painted interior bits // Bling Buttons // Darth Holder // STRIPES
post #60 of 77 (permalink) Old 01-05-2018, 02:12 AM Thread Starter
Elise Guru

So we are still sitting at 3 and we need 5. How about it VisualEchos or TechnoHippie? If I missed a deposit, I apologize we've been moving over the holidays and I've been a bit preoccupied. I am checking on tip options, if any.

Winning Suspension

6UL wheels
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Vendors > Blackwatch Racing

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in