Anyone used Garage Car Lifts for parking 2 cars - Page 4 - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 81 (permalink) Old 11-10-2007, 07:24 PM

Hilarious and fitting that the Elise on top is sponsored by a Chiropractor. I'd like a good cracking after every drive.

TPup: That backyard buddy looks really nice. I don't see that it's bolted into the concrete floor of the garage? Does it need to be? DPM: Looks like the Eagle lift is bolted in. Is this just owner preference?

Someone mentioned something in this thread about an air compressor. Do these lifts require one? Do they come with one?

'06 BMW X5 - IMOLA RED
'06 Porsche 911 Carrera S - CARRERA WHITE [SOLD]
'02 BMW 325xiT - TOPAZ BLUE
'88 BMW M5 - BLACK [SOLD]
'02 Ducati 998S Bayliss - RED, WHITE & GREEN
'06 Lotus Exige - ARDENT RED [TRADED]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 81 (permalink) Old 11-11-2007, 05:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exigent View Post
Hilarious and fitting that the Elise on top is sponsored by a Chiropractor. I'd like a good cracking after every drive.

TPup: That backyard buddy looks really nice. I don't see that it's bolted into the concrete floor of the garage? Does it need to be? DPM: Looks like the Eagle lift is bolted in. Is this just owner preference?

Someone mentioned something in this thread about an air compressor. Do these lifts require one? Do they come with one?
Backyard Buddy lift doesn't need to be bolted down. I even have the optional casters which allow the lift to be rolled around if needed.
post #63 of 81 (permalink) Old 11-11-2007, 06:35 AM

Question

I'm looking to get one of those lift and there have so many choice at different price that I dont know which one should I get ???

Eaglelift : http://eagleequip.com/page/EE/PROD/LI-SS/603-034
2000$

Backyard buddy is my favorite but for 2 times the price it is not worth it I think : http://www.backyardbuddy.com/
4000$

Car lift The King : http://www.carlift.ca/king.php#delivery
2000$ + 399$ for shipping

Car lift is located in Ontario ( closer to me ) and they have a really good price...

Finally , even closer to me , in Quebec city (1h30 from me) there have a company called Parkolift and they are asking close to 4000$ for the lift..I would like to purchase from them too because they are local but why should I pay double of the price ? What could be the best explanation ?

ParkoLift : http://www.parkolift.com/pl4-8000.html

3800$ + 200$ shipping

Anybody could help me with that .

07 Exige S300+,Solar Yellow,Touring Pack, Torque300 tune,RLS Intercooler,Pro Alloy IC tubes,Lotus Stage3 Exhaust,Intake BOE ITG cold airbox,RLS MKII 3.0 Pulley,SaikouMichi Oil catch can,NGK BKR7-EIX Plugs,EV14 525cc injectors,CarbonFiber side scoops+front lip+rear spoiler, Nitron SS Shocks, PC680 Battery,JVC KDNX5000,CompactSub Kenwood KSC-SW1,Tinted windows, Lotus Sport windshield+front plate decals,HID Kit 6000K,Parking Light,license Leds.
2013 Scion FR-S Firestorm
2016 Subaru WRX STI Blue

post #64 of 81 (permalink) Old 11-11-2007, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tandemracer View Post
Am I seeing this right? The lift pulls the Elan into some kind of batcave storage area above the garage? Very cool!
Yeah thats what you are seeing. The lift drops down right where that chevy is and that I bar comes off and you can hook up harnesses for the Sea Doos to get them up there too. And yes it is lifted up into a little atic or however its spelled. When we tested it we but a 1 ton peice of led on and the whole beam and ceiling bent like licorice (spelling lol) but thats what its supposed to do other wise its like a potatoe chip and snaps. Sorry about the spelling im half awake.

71 Elan S4 Sprint red/copper. Webers. Dave Bean Exhaust. Plates: EMAPEEL.
post #65 of 81 (permalink) Old 11-19-2007, 08:12 AM

Thumbs up

So here is the result, I got mine from carlift.ca. It is made in china like most of them. The motor is a 3 hp certified... I like it so far and it was the cheapest price I found.... Very practical. Now I can even wash the bottom of my car!
Attached Images

07 Exige S300+,Solar Yellow,Touring Pack, Torque300 tune,RLS Intercooler,Pro Alloy IC tubes,Lotus Stage3 Exhaust,Intake BOE ITG cold airbox,RLS MKII 3.0 Pulley,SaikouMichi Oil catch can,NGK BKR7-EIX Plugs,EV14 525cc injectors,CarbonFiber side scoops+front lip+rear spoiler, Nitron SS Shocks, PC680 Battery,JVC KDNX5000,CompactSub Kenwood KSC-SW1,Tinted windows, Lotus Sport windshield+front plate decals,HID Kit 6000K,Parking Light,license Leds.
2016 Subaru WRX STI Blue
post #66 of 81 (permalink) Old 11-19-2007, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoFear99 View Post
So here is the result, I got mine from carlift.ca. It is made in china like most of them.

Very nice!

Don't lick it. If it's made in China it probably contains lead.

'06 BMW X5 - IMOLA RED
post #67 of 81 (permalink) Old 11-19-2007, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exigent View Post
Very nice!

Don't lick it. If it's made in China it probably contains lead.

hahaha Can I lick the Lotus ? It is made in England right ?

2016 Subaru WRX STI Blue
post #68 of 81 (permalink) Old 11-21-2007, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoFear99 View Post
So here is the result, I got mine from carlift.ca. It is made in china like most of them. The motor is a 3 hp certified... I like it so far and it was the cheapest price I found.... Very practical. Now I can even wash the bottom of my car!
Very nice! I've been following this thread closely as I think I may be adding lifts to my garage next summer. How was the setup? Is this something that can be done over a weekend with a few friends and a case of beer, or would it be better to have someone install it?

Off-topic, but is the green can an MR2? I've had several; fun cars, and I've noticed quite a few former MR2 owners on the board here.
post #69 of 81 (permalink) Old 11-21-2007, 11:49 AM

Here is another lift company that I didn't see mentioned here. I have no direct knowledge of their products. Seem to be of reasonable quality and well priced.

http://www.gregsmithequipment.com/
http://www.gregsmithequipment.com/Di...ro-park7ll.htm

In theory, there is no difference between Theory and Practice. In practice, there is. - Y. Berra
post #70 of 81 (permalink) Old 11-23-2007, 05:02 AM

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by luxige View Post
Here is another lift company that I didn't see mentioned here. I have no direct knowledge of their products. Seem to be of reasonable quality and well priced.

http://www.gregsmithequipment.com/
http://www.gregsmithequipment.com/Di...ro-park7ll.htm
They are very nice and their lift too but the PRO 7 lift was back order and It was not interesting for me to go with a taller lift and pay for something not usefool to me... I think their lift is better than mine in term of design but I got mine for 1995$ with all the accessories. At that price I cant complain at all.. Except if the lift would fail....

2016 Subaru WRX STI Blue
post #71 of 81 (permalink) Old 11-23-2007, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bry Reid View Post
Very nice! I've been following this thread closely as I think I may be adding lifts to my garage next summer. How was the setup? Is this something that can be done over a weekend with a few friends and a case of beer, or would it be better to have someone install it?

Off-topic, but is the green can an MR2? I've had several; fun cars, and I've noticed quite a few former MR2 owners on the board here.
That's right my man, it is an MR2.. We got 2 of these in the family. A 92 Yellow Turbo and a 91 Green N/A.. Both have the F355 style body Kit.

For the lift, I would say that it is a 5 hours job, and you need to be 4 people two times during the installation, otherwise 2 people is fine. And beer is welcome and appreciate too!

2016 Subaru WRX STI Blue
post #72 of 81 (permalink) Old 01-02-2008, 06:33 PM

Pricing Them Now

I was quoted a price today of $5000 for the lift ... delivered & installed. This includes 3 drip pan inserts, 220V power, and 2 extended ramps for low cars.

Is that a reasonable price?

'06 BMW X5 - IMOLA RED
post #73 of 81 (permalink) Old 01-03-2008, 09:07 AM

Gonna have to look into this for my next home!!

07 Exige S 265: GG, Track Pack, V1, RV Camera, S111 CF roof and splitter, 4.5-lb Voltphreaks battery, 10-lb Von Hep Exhaust, Green filter, 265 crank hp +/-, Volk TE 37 Wheels, RTDbrace, Scroth 6-point ASM harnesses, Innovative Motor Mounts, Saiku Michi Catch Cans. To come: IC fans, headers, and sport cat. 1955 lbs total weight (est w/tank half full)
05 Elise: Storm Titanium, Sport, Touring, Stage II (SOLD) (May '05 - Sept '06)
post #74 of 81 (permalink) Old 01-03-2008, 10:15 AM

Just had my garage door rails raised so that the door opens much closer to the ceiling. No hanging door opener on that side either. I went with the wall mount LiftMaster.

The dream is slowly becoming reality.

'06 BMW X5 - IMOLA RED
post #75 of 81 (permalink) Old 01-03-2008, 11:03 AM

I have a pro-park lift:

http://www.derekweaver.com/html/propark7.aspx

Less than $1895 and I have put it together myself twice (had to move across country). Works great and is very heavy duty. When I bought mine it came with drip pans/oil catch pan etc.

Also check out this little accessory:

http://www.derekweaver.com/html/projack.aspx

Works great for getting the car up off the tires while on the lift.

If you're not living on the edge you're taking up too much space!
post #76 of 81 (permalink) Old 01-03-2008, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azskycop View Post
I have a pro-park lift:

http://www.derekweaver.com/html/propark7.aspx

Less than $1895 and I have put it together myself twice (had to move across country). Works great and is very heavy duty. When I bought mine it came with drip pans/oil catch pan etc.

Also check out this little accessory:

http://www.derekweaver.com/html/projack.aspx

Works great for getting the car up off the tires while on the lift.
Awesome!!!
I am in the process of adding a 3 car garage and plan on installing a lift. This looks terrific.
post #77 of 81 (permalink) Old 01-03-2008, 06:24 PM

This is called Powerrex and comes with 10,000 lbs capacity and dual voltage motor. I think it cost me around $2200 plus $500 to install. It actually fits way better with the Lotus up top but I was driving the Lotus so...
Attached Images

post #78 of 81 (permalink) Old 01-19-2008, 05:26 AM

Re:Anyone used Garage Car Lifts for parking 2 cars

Wish I had your problem... Got 3 cars but no garage I have a friend that has a lift, but, I am not sure the brand. I will try and get the make, and model next time I talk to him. But yes I can suggest you to look out for some options available on net. I was told that Garage Parking Lift are performance is quite good.
post #79 of 81 (permalink) Old 10-15-2008, 05:44 PM
boxerman

I have a 9ft ceiling would a lift work?
post #80 of 81 (permalink) Old 10-15-2008, 06:38 PM

Quote:
I have a 9ft ceiling would a lift work?

I have read you need the sum of the height of both cars plus seven inches of clearance at a minimum. More information here.

Vehicle 4-Post Lift - Greg Smith Equipment Sales, Inc

08 S4 - Daily Drive
07 Cayman S - For Fun
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Community > Garage Majal

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in