Absolute power does what?
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Boulder, CO
Garage Design Plans, Software, Ideas?
This spring I'm going to remodel my garage. I live in a very modest 1500 sqft home with a fairly small garage (19'x22'). This fits my lifestyle just fine and is a great home for my Exige and RS4.
I plan to have the walls and ceilings professional drywalled then I'll paint it myself. I'm going to tear out all the existing shelves and workbench as honestly they are all old crap (30 yr old house). I went on a scouting trip this weekend to IKEA to get some ideas and while I found a lot of cool stuff I didn't really find anything to help me design or lay out the garage.
I've done a good deal of Googling for "garage floor plans" "garage design software", etc and all I get is a ton of sites wanting to sell me home blueprints. I suppose I could just grab SketchUp and do it myself, was hoping to find a "Let's build your garage" sorta thing.
Suggestions? I already have the following on the list:
- Lots of lighting, making sure there are no dark areas
- Repainting the floor (did the Home Depot stuff 3 years ago, just needs to be redone)
- One row of cabinets with shelves, some sort of hard counter top (most likely stainless steel)
- Cabinet to put my compressor in (or have something built around it)
- Wall mount for a 32" LCD and small mini-tower PC (or in cabinet)
- In ceiling speakers
- power outlets-a-plenty (including a new 20 amp circuit)
Thanks for any input...