Looking to add an Elise as 3rd car, but only have space for two! Thinking about one of those lifts to elevate the Elise while parking another car underneith.
Any links or recommendations?
As stated, check out the "Garage Majal" forum under "Community". Lots of info.
I have a lift in my garage that I purchased from Eagle Equipment. The lift itself is fine, but it came with terrible hydaulic fittings that immediately leaked. I had to replace all of them. Fortunately, the company I work for has a service shop that made the new fittings for me. Absent that, I would have been a lot more peaved.
A couple comments/suggestions on lifts.
1) My garage floor to ceiling height was 9 feet, 3 inches. These seems to be a common track-home garage ceiling height. Such a low height really limits the number of cars you can fit above and below your lift. I can fit my Carrera S and Exige (either one above or below), but anything much taller than the Carrera would not fit. This is not a problem now, but it may have an impact on future car purchases that I make.
2) This is obvious, but ensure that you do not damage either of your cars as a result of having a lift. One of the purposes of the lift is to SAFELY store your cars. However, having a lift can greatly increase your chances of causing minor damage to your car. The week I installed my lift, I opened the front trunk on my 911 (while it was parked under the lift) and the trunk lid just missed tagging the jack rail of the lift by about 1 millimeter. I would have been furious if I had dinged the trunk lid.
3) You will hit your head on the lift at least 12 times before you finally learn to subconsciously duck anytime you approach the lift.
4) Having a lift makes you able to more easily do so much more maintenance on your cars. I bought the lift for storage purposes, but the increased DIY maintenance I am doing on both my cars will probably save the cost of the lift over just a couple of years.
5) Neighbors will think you are extremely cool.
Overall, buying a lift was one of the better expenditures I have made related to my cars.