Wanting to hear your comparisons between the Honda and The Elise.
I had a '04 S2000 that I tracked religiously, when I rented an Exige S240 to take around the 'ring for six laps. So, I was able to have a relatively direct comparison.
- S2000 has one of, if not, the best shifter in the world. The Exige, although a bit worn from being a rental, was not nearly as precise. But, it's hard to get a cable driven gearbox to feel as good as a near-direct shift box -- shifter in the S2000 sits at the tail end of the gearbox.
- S2000 has more corner entry front end grip. This is a given, as the S2000 is front, mid engined and 50/50 split for weight.
- Brakes are about the same between the two. Exige felt more confident under braking -- while the S2000 could be trail braked further into a corner without making a scene
- Driving the S2000 is an incredibly gifted and fun car to just drive hard. The Exige is a incredibly precise, visceral experience, but there's a sense of seriousness to the car that the S2000 seems to lack. The Exige is business casual if you worked at a gym, the S2000 is hawaiian shirt fridays.
- Both are incredible cars that every person should own, at least once.