This was my 43rd birthday gift to myself last October 2012, and it also doubles as my mid-life-crisis sports car. duh. ;-p I had wanted an Esprit every since seeing James Bond's 37 years ago! I've had an eBay alert for about the past year or so, and when this 25th anniversary in sliver/black (the colors I wanted) and three hours away in PDX came up and was actually #43/100
-- well that was the sign I was looking for! It doesn't get much more in-your-face than that.
I contacted the seller directly, we spoke on the phone and then I scrambled with the banks, insurance and DMV all day. The next morning I rode the Bolt Bus to Portlandia and drove my dream-car home.
In the past year, I've modded it quite a bit to bring it into the modern era. For a $90,000 MSRP car back then, it really is quite lacking in features. My 1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse had more tech than this thing had. I'm not into racing it (although I did take it to a Lotus track day once) so my mechanical/engine/trans/etc. are all stock AFAIK
(I don't have any paperwork from previous owner).
• Gentex GENK51a Auto dimming mirror with HomeLink, temperature and compass
• Bel STi-R Radar/Laser detector with Shifter/Scrambler – integrated into mirror via www.radarmirror.com
• Kenwood KDC-X995 -- eXcelon Head: USB/CD/FM/Bluetooth/HD Radio/iPhone/Pandora
• Kicker Hideaway 11HS8 Powered 8” Subwoofer behind passenger seat – that’ll rattle your baby maker!
• TPMS – Tire Pressure Monitor System, temperature & voltage
• Backup Sensors – however being that they use ultrasonic sound, they false alert due to the motor or exhaust coincidentally.
• OBDLink MX Bluetooth OBDII port data transfer to Android tablet and phone
• Atiwe Cavallo Race 340mm Airbag Steering Wheel (and custom hub)
• Aluminum Knobs in console
• ECON Headlights – flatter and more modern than the rounded stock ones
• Vanity plate “DEV8” which could mean “Daevid’s Esprit V8” or “Deviate” or a nod to being a “DEVeloper” or even my initials embedded in there.
• USB/stereo jack
installed on driver's side by door so phone wires aren't everywhere
One of the perks of owning a super-car that they never tell you is you get special parking (sometimes even FREE, just to park in front of a building -- LOL -- yeah, I'll take that sure!)