The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

Butterfly gullwing roof

980 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  NoRawkus305 
#1 ·
I want a butterfly gullwing roof for my elise where can I get it please

#4 · (Edited)
I think he was talking the roof, not the doors. See the following post:
https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f259/installing-gullwing-hardtop-2005-lotus-elise-388793/

You may want to talk to user "keinayo" since he bought one from Hays at Wire Wheels in February 2017. He may be able to tell you if he likes it or maybe he is even selling it.

To see all the posts on this subject paste "site:lotustalk.com Gullwing Hardtop" into your browser and do the search.

#3 ·
Never OEM, only aftermarket. The originals were only available for maybe a year, more than 10 years ago. Don't know if anyone else is making them. They weren't the best made items.

They pop up once in a very great while.

#6 ·
Been awhile since I've heard about the gullwing tops. They were definitely a limited buy many years ago and don't think anyone else makes them currently. As infernolotus mentioned, they do pop up on the F/S thread, although, very rarely. Good luck with your search.

Gabe

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.