LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community (https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/)
-   New Member Introductions (https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f221/)
-   -   Has Your New Elise Just Been Delivered? Post Your New Elise Pictures Here! (https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f221/has-your-new-elise-just-been-delivered-post-your-new-elise-pictures-here-4418/)

Derek 07-18-2004 06:15 PM

Has Your New Elise Just Been Delivered? Post Your New Elise Pictures Here!

Here is the new thread to post your pictures of your new baby.
Please only post on topic (as the last thread got hijacked).

Ground Loop 07-18-2004 08:34 PM

Mark Starr 07-20-2004 11:03 AM

It's HERE!!!!!!!!

1 Attachment(s)
Our Storm Titanium Demo has arrived!!!!! $1,000 per test drive!!!!!:no: :no: :no: Only kidding:clap: :clap: :clap:

More Images in higher res!

_JD_ 07-20-2004 11:10 AM

Good grief that's gorgeous! Thanks for the (nice) pics.

Ralbertina 07-20-2004 11:28 AM

Mark, I'm #14 on the list at Behlman Lotus in St. Louis. It appears your demo car is exactly what I have ordered. Storm Titanium/Touring/Black Leather/Hardtop. I'm curious as to your view point on this color combination looks. I've toyed with changing the color combination to ardent red/biscuit, but keep coming back full circle back to the color combination I ordered. Thanks in advance for any thoughts you may have. Ray

Dan 07-20-2004 01:18 PM

No interior shots?

Randy Chase 07-20-2004 01:19 PM

Mark Starr 07-20-2004 03:21 PM

Storm Titanium

1 Attachment(s)
Hey Ray,
It so personal. Driving a Storm Titanium car I though would be low profile as compared to the Chrome Orange Esprit I was driving this morning. I sold it by the way!!! It is much more subtle than Ardent, Chrome or Yellow. If you want the attention you never got when you were a kid, get Chrome, Yellow or Red. I drive a Yellow Exige by the way. Never enough attention......I love the car but will tell you what it really needs. I hope Lotus comes up with this but if not, perhaps Elise parts will. The instrument cluster and two corners of the dash that have plastic covers are CRYING out for a carbon fiber update to make the interior look richer. I did that to my Exige and it changed the entire appearance of the interior. All in good time......

Surferjer 07-20-2004 05:03 PM

I'm not hijacking, but tomorrow I get my Elise (customer car #2???) and I do NOT know how to upload pictures. Tell me how and I'll be happy to oblige.

Randy Chase 07-20-2004 05:12 PM

There are a few different options. Email them to me is one. Another is to use our online gallery. Simplest is to just attach them to each post. Note when you reply that there is an option to attach at the bottom. Just click browse and find the image on your computer. Unless your image is huge, it will upload and be part of your post.

The main limitation is you can only do one image per post that way.

meat 07-20-2004 05:52 PM

Re: Storm Titanium

Quote:

Originally posted by Mark Starr
......I love the car but will tell you what it really needs. I hope Lotus comes up with this but if not, perhaps Elise parts will. The instrument cluster and two corners of the dash that have plastic covers are CRYING out for a carbon fiber update to make the interior look richer. I did that to my Exige and it changed the entire appearance of the interior. All in good time......
Mark needs the CF bits to make him think he's going faster around the track......

:cool: :D :p

Ralbertina 07-20-2004 06:17 PM

Mark, thanks for your thoughts on the ST/ black vs. ardent/biscuit color combinations. I would probably change my color choice if I new it would not move me back in the production/delivery cycle. I've read elsewhere where changing your color choice basically moves you to the back of the production line and I don't want to give up my current position for the sole purpose of a color change. Thanks again for your thoughts. Ray

xxxotic 07-21-2004 03:14 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here they come!!!

Randy Chase 07-21-2004 06:23 AM

_JD_ 07-21-2004 06:33 AM

Miami?

xxxotic 07-21-2004 06:54 AM

West palm

girlracer 07-21-2004 07:02 AM

:clap:

Do you think they're jet-lagged?

Oh of course not - silly me! They came by boat! :p

tidalwdave 07-21-2004 08:17 AM

Are all those cars for one dealer? Dimmitt hasn't gotten their cars in yet, and I know their demo is SY. I see one on the truck, wonder if that's their demo?

Randy Chase 07-21-2004 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by tidalwdave
Are all those cars for one dealer? Dimmitt hasn't gotten their cars in yet, and I know their demo is SY. I see one on the truck, wonder if that's their demo?
I wondered that, but I would think if it was for one dealer, they would not have put a couple of them so deep. I would think it's all thought out.

As I was told, these trucks will take a long route to get to some dealers, visiting other dealerships to drop off other model cars.

xxxotic 07-21-2004 09:04 AM

That is a picture of the truck that was dropping off the car in West Palm. They only got one car. There are a few other Elises on
it as well as some other cars for other non-Lotus car dealers. The truck is dropping off the cars at dealers across the state.