New to Lotus. - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-16-2019, 04:56 PM Thread Starter

New to Lotus.

Hello everyone,

Just got my first ever Lotus, a 2014 Evora S with only 3,500 miles on it! I've had a lot of cars, some of them very nice, but not sure I've ever had one i like better than this. Super comfortable and just fun all the way around. Have a new plack exhaust coming for it too. I do have some questions for all of you though...

1) I have the common and dreaded broken A-Piller. I saw some posts for solutions to that but they were years old. is there a current "go to" fix for this?

2) I heard many of the Evora's with full leather will have dash issues out in the sun, especially around the passenger airbag. Is this still an issue with the 2014 models? or did Lotus get around to fixing that?

3) My driver side window doesn't push up quite all the way when closed, at least it doesn't create the seal when closed as well as the passenger side window does. any suggestions there? its not bad, but thought i would check.

4) I'm missing ALL of my air valve stem caps. I tried to get some generic ones and they didn't fit. are there special lotus ones i should be hunting for?

5) My secondary key is missing the cool yellow Lotus logo button on it, it must have fallen off. any place to buy a replacement i can glue on?

I don't think i have any other questions at this time, and these are pretty small things. Car is nearly in "as-new" condition in every other way. Will be a daily driver for me as much as possible.

Last edited by LotusNines; 09-16-2019 at 05:14 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-17-2019, 06:12 AM
Loves to talk

Garage
Welcome and congrats on your Evora.

Might as well add to your post count and ask your questions in the dedicated Evora forum.
The Schrader valves on our cars are standard fare as delivered. Normal caps should fit. There are replacement A pillar covers in CF available from GRP among others. I was going to post a link but it looks like Greg's site is down, or at least it isn't opening for me.

Lew
'17 Evora 400 MT
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-17-2019, 06:53 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotusquacious View Post
Welcome and congrats on your Evora.

Might as well add to your post count and ask your questions in the dedicated Evora forum.
The Schrader valves on our cars are standard fare as delivered. Normal caps should fit. There are replacement A pillar covers in CF available from GRP among others. I was going to post a link but it looks like Greg's site is down, or at least it isn't opening for me.
I noticed that (site down) which is one of the reasons I asked for current options. Your saying there are no typical "caps" on the valves on Lotuses? Thank you very much for taking the time to respond. I've been reading a lot on the forum the last day so I think I have found answers for most of these questions.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-18-2019, 11:59 AM

Welcome!

As for the dash, that should have been fixed on the later models but was an issue for the 10/11's. Theory was they didn't use preshrunk leather and the leather would shrink breaking the plastic clips underneath. It's always better to use a sun shield when parking out in the sun to help protect the leather dash. I use a Cover Craft hard folding one that I keep in the boot.

The valve caps..those are standard fare, nothing special.

Window could be the window regulator has failed (not uncommon for these cars) but before even going down that rabbit hole. Try the window reset procedure.

Turn key to the accessory position
Hold the window switch down and once you have the window all the way down, don't let off the button for at least 5secs.
Then raise raise the window and wait at least another 5secs before releasing.

Hope that helps!

2005 Elise- Katana II Supercharged and other fun bits
2011 Evora - Daily Driver
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > New Member Introductions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in