New member - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-19-2019, 06:19 AM Thread Starter

Hello! New here, obviously. Just trying to get used to this community. I'm planning on getting a lotus sometime within my lifetime. Currently drive a fiesta st. Any pointers or anything let me know. But thanks for letting me join! Can't wait to see what happens here!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-19-2019, 07:44 AM

I actually test drove a FiST a few years ago when shopping for a daily. I had to pass though because the head rest angle destroyed my and my wife's necks. I loved the character of the car though. I like cars that just encourage you to flog them, and the Elise and FiST are similar in that regard. The Elise (and Exige more so) are just everything dialed up to 11, especially the steering. If you have never driven a sub-ton car with no power steering, it is a revelation.

"Lots Of Trouble; Usually Serious"
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-19-2019, 08:18 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyow5 View Post
I actually test drove a FiST a few years ago when shopping for a daily. I had to pass though because the head rest angle destroyed my and my wife's necks.
Yeah, that Ford 'feature' lost them the sale of a titanium edition contour to us a couple years ago. Agree on the FiST, though - about the only other thing that much fun to drive and that small is a Fiat 500 Abarth.

Welcome to the OP! Drive a Lotus and you'll find a way to get one, because you'll be spoiled for anything else.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-19-2019, 08:30 AM

Garage
Welcome! I actually had a focus St.. loved it!

Euro Press/Spec lotus Elise Cup car
----- Sector111-----

Facebook group -----> SouthWest Florida Lotus Owners Club

[email protected]
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-19-2019, 05:41 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyow5 View Post
I actually test drove a FiST a few years ago when shopping for a daily. I had to pass though because the head rest angle destroyed my and my wife's necks. I loved the character of the car though. I like cars that just encourage you to flog them, and the Elise and FiST are similar in that regard. The Elise (and Exige more so) are just everything dialed up to 11, especially the steering. If you have never driven a sub-ton car with no power steering, it is a revelation.

I have not actually driven a subton car but my car feels like it since it's slightly modified. I wish to get an exige but they are hard to come by.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-20-2019, 08:27 AM
Wingless Wonder

Garage
I know this isn't a Ford forum...but the headrest thing is more common than it used to be, over several makes of cars. Might be a federal spec thing?

Some folks fix the issue by removing the headrest and installing it the other way 'round (backwards).

Atwell Haines
'88 Esprit
Succasunna, NJ USA

"Not all angels have wings." - Turbo R
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > New Member Introductions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in