New Member and Autocrosser - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community
 3Likes
  • 1 Post By 6TVRs+
  • 1 Post By Kostamojen
  • 1 Post By 6TVRs+

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-02-2019, 05:33 PM Thread Starter

New Member and Autocrosser

Some folks might recognize me from other forums, I recognized a few names on here...

Anyway, I'm contemplating an Elise for Autocross, in A-street. Might be a competitive class for the car but not sure, plus its a car that won't depreciate like a brick in case it doesn't work out.

Previously ran a few different cars for Autox... BRZ, Impreza (n/a), MK7 GTI, Chevy SS, currently an STI Type-RA. Want to get back in something small and light but fun, leaning between this and a used MK3 Audi TT (could be an underdog car for DS and STH classes).

Any advise for shopping for an Autox specific Elise? I won't be towing it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-04-2019, 05:24 AM

You Would probably want it to have LSD. Here is a thread I saw just yesterday.

https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f25...as-lsd-108976/

Similar position as you, Currently selling ESP prepped Boss 302 for Elise or Exige to run street class.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-20-2019, 09:39 PM

No advise here, but just posting to say I picked up a 2005 Elise with track pack/touring that I plan to run in AStreet. Hope to have fun and be quick!
Kostamojen likes this.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-21-2019, 09:58 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6TVRs+ View Post
No advise here, but just posting to say I picked up a 2005 Elise with track pack/touring that I plan to run in AStreet. Hope to have fun and be quick!
I saw some of your posts. Let me know how you do against the vettes in your area!

We have a pretty hearty AS class up here in the Sacramento SCCA region, lots of veteran drivers. I'm really curious how the Elise would stack up against them.
6TVRs+ likes this.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-21-2019, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kostamojen View Post
I saw some of your posts. Let me know how you do against the vettes in your area!

We have a pretty hearty AS class up here in the Sacramento SCCA region, lots of veteran drivers. I'm really curious how the Elise would stack up against them.
Well, I got frustrated that the SCCA decided the Solstice GXP Coupe belonged right there in AS where it's been. So I wanted something different (Ask Randy Chase about our TVR/MR2 battles before he started down the Lotus road..lol)
Cue a comment Randy made about the Elise being competitive in AS and here I am.... Ran like this today in the Solstice.

With the Elise .7 seconds faster than the Solstice to 60 and 900 pounds lighter, I hope to do better!

With the bit I've driven of mine and talking with Randy I get the feeling it will be a harder car to drive fast, and somewhat course dependant, but if all is well can be pretty quick!

Bill
Attached Images

Kostamojen likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > New Member Introductions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in