New member from Sacramento, CA. Evora 400 - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By Lovora
  • 1 Post By javistor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-15-2019, 03:45 PM Thread Starter
Lovora

Garage
New member from Sacramento, CA. Evora 400

Hello guys,

First time Lotus owner. I have to say, this might be my favorite car of all time. I researched the car after following one though the mountains on my motorcycle. The driver made me work to keep up! After viewing multiple on-line video reviews, I came across Matt Farah's "The smoking tire" video. He made me buy an Evora. Yup. I bought a car after watching a video even before driving one. I found just what I wanted at "Park Place Motors" in Washington. After a little phone negotiation, I wired them the money. Then I bought a one way ticket to Seattle and I was on my way. I look forward to meeting and exchanging ideas with fellow Evora owners. Cheers.

Glenn
GregsRaceParts likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-17-2019, 04:47 AM

Garage
Welcome Glenn!
Like you Iím relatively new to the Lotus world, Iíve only had my Evora for a few months and canít get enough of my car. Coming from the BMW world after 23 years it has been a welcome change and not looking back...
GregsRaceParts likes this.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-17-2019, 07:25 AM

Glenn,

Welcome to the world of Lotus, where there's no return!

If you not done so already, I suggest contacting the folks in Golden Gate Lotus Club - Sacramento. Great group of folks that schedule get togethers and drives. https://www.facebook.com/groups/sacgglc/

Cheers,
Kiyoshi

Lotus events in California - www.gglotus.org

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-17-2019, 09:12 AM Thread Starter
Lovora

Garage
Thanks for the welcome

I apologize for the seemingly duplicate posts. I tried posting a few weeks back and the site seemed to lock up. So, I repeated my post and nothing until some time passed. I guess this was due to the forum Spam filters. Anyway, I am in. I'll post a link to a downloadable Alpine Evora 400 audio setting I have made. Dramatic improvement to the factory stereo. I feel it still needs new speakers and a larger more sophisticated amplifier (stay tuned). But, this firmware update will surprise you. Cheers,

Glenn
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-18-2019, 07:40 AM
Loves to talk

Garage
Congratulations! Which one did you buy? Photos help!

Lew
'17 Evora 400 MT
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-18-2019, 09:43 AM Thread Starter
Lovora

Garage
I bought a 2017 with about 10,000 miles on it from Park Place Motors in Bellevue, WA. This is a giant dealership that specializes in enthusiasts cars. They have many hundreds of exotic sports cars in their dealership. They are an authorized Lotus, Aston Martin, Spyker and Superformance dealer. They also have many, many other exotic cars on hand. This is truly an impressive place to visit. I found the buying experience to be very simple and enjoyable. No haggling. I made a few back and forth offers on the phone and we settled on a price. The car is in pristine condition. The previous owner took great care of the car and it could pass for brand new.
Here is some information from the provenance report:

The original body colour was metallic grey (Lotus paint code C185). The interior was trimmed with
standard black leather with black stitching. Factory optional extras were; cruise control, metallic paint
and subwoofer. The car was signed from production on the 24th May 2017. The car was imported
into the US by Lotus Cars USA, Inc. who would retain any further history. Their records show the
selling dealer was Park Place Limited in Bellevue, WA and the car was sold to a customer in
Redmond, WA in October 2017.
The Evora 400 was launched as a 2017 model year to the USA and Canada with the first car leaving
production in August 2016. The 2017 model year for the USA consisted of; 173 with manual
transmission, 144 with automatic transmission and 11 Sport 410. The following is based on serial
number sequence and data available to date for the 2017 Evora 400 with manual transmission for
the US market only;
Your car is the 150th out of 173 cars,
Your car is the 18th out of 20 cars in metallic grey (or the 6th out of 7 in all grey without black pack),
Your car is the 1st out of 2 cars in all metallic grey with standard black leather (both cars had the
same options).
Metallic grey was the 5th most popular colour out of the 17 different colours used on the 2017 model
year Evora 400 in total for the US market.
Attached Images

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-18-2019, 10:51 AM

Congrats on the purchase! Looking forward for some pics. We can never get enough of them.

2002 Honda S2000 - RIP MAY 2012
2005 Lotus Elise Sport and Touring Package - Weekend Warrior
2015 NX200T F-Sport - DD and Winter Beater
2006 Hummer H3 - The wife's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > New Member Introductions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in