Formula One!! Here we go!! - Page 4 - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 163 (permalink) Old 09-05-2012, 11:34 AM

I wonder if Grosjean was bumped from behind kicking him into Hamilton? I never saw any in car footage from the guy behind him... guess I'll have to wait for the debrief.

Interesting point on the UK start version of Maldonato jumping if the lights were still red... again, will have to wait.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 163 (permalink) Old 09-05-2012, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Type82 View Post
I wonder if Grosjean was bumped from behind kicking him into Hamilton? I never saw any in car footage from the guy behind him... guess I'll have to wait for the debrief.

Interesting point on the UK start version of Maldonato jumping if the lights were still red... again, will have to wait.
Formel1 - Grand Prix From Spa (Belgium) - Big Start Crash - YouTube

Certainly not a great view but once you watch it you can tell which pixels are Grosjean and see he just came straight across.
post #63 of 163 (permalink) Old 09-05-2012, 12:53 PM

Thanks Raz, I studied that perspective too frame by frame on my DVR but it's so far up in the air it's hard to tell.

There was something 'a miss' about that whole start. I've never seen them sit there like that when the lights go out however there have been problems with this before.

post #64 of 163 (permalink) Old 09-05-2012, 01:01 PM

Garage
The wreck was Grosjeans fault but the race ban was completly unreasonable. Pastor has caused several wrecks this year only getting grid penalties, this was Romans fist incident. Hell, Grosjean himself was taken out in almost the same circumstance when Schumacher squeezed him off at the Monaco start. No penalty was even considered. I guess the penalties are applied differently when a champion takes out a rookie vs a rookie taking out two champions especially when a points leading Ferrari is involved.

2005 Lotus Elise - 2012 FIAT 500 Abarth
post #65 of 163 (permalink) Old 09-06-2012, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RXEight View Post
The wreck was Grosjeans fault but the race ban was completly unreasonable. Pastor has caused several wrecks this year only getting grid penalties, this was Romans fist incident. Hell, Grosjean himself was taken out in almost the same circumstance when Schumacher squeezed him off at the Monaco start. No penalty was even considered. I guess the penalties are applied differently when a champion takes out a rookie vs a rookie taking out two champions especially when a points leading Ferrari is involved.
you know it! the FIA has a long history of indiscriminantly applying arbitrary decisions, some of them blatant but they don't care; they have a sweet contract and a sweet job.
the FIA must go! hopefully when the constructors get their act together and get rid of the middlemen (bernie and the banks, i hear an elton john song) they'll also contract a new independent sanctioning body. The FIA had their chance and the've proven themselves to be unreliable.

tomas
87 esprit hci, red/black
post #66 of 163 (permalink) Old 09-07-2012, 06:53 PM

Alright, goodbye Spa and hello Monza! Vamos Fernando and Forza Ferrari!

Maldonado, please don't crash and ruin others' race.
post #67 of 163 (permalink) Old 09-07-2012, 07:07 PM

I was surprised to hear that d'Ambrosio was fastest in straight-line speed in today's practice. That's not usual for Lotus is it? I seem to remember hearing they typically run more down-force, which puts them at a disadvantage on the straightaways. Must be changing thing up for Monza which seems to have quite a few straight sections?
post #68 of 163 (permalink) Old 09-07-2012, 07:11 PM Thread Starter
Ticket Magnet

Yes. Perhaps we shall see some improvement here.
post #69 of 163 (permalink) Old 09-07-2012, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotguy View Post
I was surprised to hear that d'Ambrosio was fastest in straight-line speed in today's practice. That's not usual for Lotus is it? I seem to remember hearing they typically run more down-force, which puts them at a disadvantage on the straightaways. Must be changing thing up for Monza which seems to have quite a few straight sections?
Yes, Lotus are not the fastest typically and that is why Kimi had to pull a great move on Schumi before the DRS zone in Spa. I wonder if they are using d'Ambrosio to test new stuff. They have nothing to lose. Wasn't Lotus testing a double DRS or similar device?
post #70 of 163 (permalink) Old 09-07-2012, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RXEight View Post
I agree with that statement... but now it's over and it's History. Did we forget about Truli jumping a car at Monoco during the final or last lap to laps catching fire?
post #71 of 163 (permalink) Old 09-07-2012, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batimovil View Post
Wasn't Lotus testing a double DRS or similar device?
The announcers on the Speed network said they didn't have enough time to test it out, and weren't going to fit it for Monza.
post #72 of 163 (permalink) Old 09-08-2012, 05:34 AM

*spoiler**SPOILER**spoiler**SPOILER**spoiler**SPOI LER**spoiler**SPOILER**spoiler**SPOILER**spoiler** SPOILER**spoiler**SPOILER**spoiler**SPOILER**spoil er**SPOILER*
*spoiler**SPOILER**spoiler**SPOILER**spoiler**SPOI LER**spoiler**SPOILER**spoiler**SPOILER**spoiler** SPOILER**spoiler**SPOILER**spoiler**SPOILER**spoil er**SPOILER*
Well Kimi qualified for the race on Sunday, Ambrosia could not get a fast enought time to qualify. The Local boys (ferrari) were beat out for pole and second place by team McClaren. I have a feeling team Ferrari is going to have a "do or die" attitude on their home-town track on Sunday. Should make for an agressive and wild race. I will be glued to the Speed channel in the morning. I am West Coast time, so looks like it will be a 5 A.M. wakeup to watch the race.

Storm titanium 2005 Elise with carbon fiber spoiler, BWR sway bar, BOE toe links, gPan2, LidBone, sector 111 wheel studs, Grey RAC Monolite wheels with toyo R1R, Team Dynamics 1.4 with Hoosier A6/R6s, Katana2 Supercharger, ECU with 265 flash. PPE headers w/decat, CEL angle eliminator, Silent touch catback, Rear Panel Eliminator, HKS intake, V2 fuel tank, Walbro255 fuel pump. HID lights.
post #73 of 163 (permalink) Old 09-09-2012, 05:30 AM

Well Italy race was not as eventful as the previous race, It resulted in Kimi, with team Lotus placing 5th place, after hovering around 7th place through much of the race. Ambrosia, who was filling in for Romain (Romain was banned for this race due to a penalty from a previous race), finished way back in the pack. Top runners were taken out of the race, renault had some alternator problems. Button, who had been doing rather well for Team McLaren, had a transmission failure. Red bull had no finishes. First place was taken by Hamiltion, who led much of the race. Perez, team Sauber took second. Team Ferarri, with Alonso at the wheel takes 3rd on their home track. Felipe Masa got 4th. Schumacher got 6th, behind Kimi. Team Lotus/Renault is in third place in the constructor series.

Storm titanium 2005 Elise with carbon fiber spoiler, BWR sway bar, BOE toe links, gPan2, LidBone, sector 111 wheel studs, Grey RAC Monolite wheels with toyo R1R, Team Dynamics 1.4 with Hoosier A6/R6s, Katana2 Supercharger, ECU with 265 flash. PPE headers w/decat, CEL angle eliminator, Silent touch catback, Rear Panel Eliminator, HKS intake, V2 fuel tank, Walbro255 fuel pump. HID lights.

Last edited by addertooth; 09-09-2012 at 05:56 AM.
post #74 of 163 (permalink) Old 09-09-2012, 05:43 AM

Looking forward to Singapore in two weeks (the 23rd), with it's frightningly reduced run-off zones. It will be a challenge to use the whole track, but no more, for many drivers.

post #75 of 163 (permalink) Old 09-09-2012, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by addertooth View Post
looks like it will be a 5 A.M. wakeup to watch the race.
I set the alarm and got up at 4:45 which gave me enough DVR time to FF through the pre-race commercials and catch up to live right during the warm-up lap. Then about 10 laps in I decided it just wasn't eventful enough to stay up for. I went back to bed and watched the rest at 9. Anyone notice what time the Singapore race airs on the 23rd? It's looks like it's going to be a night race, but UTC+8 means I'm 15 hours behind (or 8 hours ahead and a day behind ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by addertooth View Post
*spoiler**SPOILER**
Can we just assume spoilers in this thread? If you haven't seen the week's race and don't like spoilers, it's probably not a good idea to be looking through the only active F1 thread on the forum.

I really enjoyed seeing Perez do so well, he seems like a nice kid. Another couple of laps and McLaren would have had a fight for 1st!
post #76 of 163 (permalink) Old 09-09-2012, 01:03 PM

Er, ahh, well, someone got quite upset one time when I posted results without prefacing it with *spoiler*. We all swim in the same pond, so I try to be sensetive to other people's feelings. But yes, I agree, anyone opening this thread kinda deserve to see what they see. It is kinda like being offended if you walk into a nudist colony.

post #77 of 163 (permalink) Old 09-22-2012, 06:06 AM

Well, Saturday qualifications results with Romain Grosjean qualified for 8th position in the Sunday race in Singapore. He had made contact with the wall early in qualifying round 2, went in to pits for repairs, and came out and ran solidly. Kimi Rikoden fell back to 12th after being displaced several positions by late qualifiers. Both Lotus cars were running the super soft red series of tires which have very limited life. It should translate to an early tire change for team Lotus. I am expecting Sunday's race to be full of wall/car contacts, due to the extreme lack of run-off zones on the painfully tight Singapore track. With all the potential yellow and red flag conditions, Lotus may get away with more frequent tire changes. Watch for some spectacular passes in the very limited straights on the Singapore track.

post #78 of 163 (permalink) Old 09-23-2012, 01:17 PM

Rest In Peace "Prof"

He made this sport so much better for the drivers of these cars.
post #79 of 163 (permalink) Old 09-23-2012, 02:15 PM

Well, no podium finish, but both Lotus drivers were in the top ten. Good for points.

post #80 of 163 (permalink) Old 09-25-2012, 03:16 PM

Bernie on a rampage again... Ecclestone claims contract torn up for Grand Prix of America

05 Chrome Orange Elise
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Motorsports > The Racing Den

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in