Lotus F1 Team Gear Dilemma - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-16-2014, 12:08 PM Thread Starter

Lotus F1 Team Gear Dilemma

What to do, what to do...

Do I dump my Lotus F1 Team shirts and stuff now because I'm too ashamed to be seen in them?

Or do I stash them away and hope the value skyrockets like the Minardi stuff did when the team folds?

What to do, what to do......

11 Exige Final Edition - The White Car
87 Ferrari 328 - The Red Car
08 Mazda MX5 - The Black Car
05 Ferrari 430 - The Loud Car
09 VW EOS - The Land Barge
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-16-2014, 01:10 PM

Keep them, either way they may become a collector's item.

Storm titanium 2005 Elise with carbon fiber spoiler, BWR sway bar, BOE toe links, gPan2, LidBone, sector 111 wheel studs, Grey RAC Monolite wheels with toyo R1R, Team Dynamics 1.4 with Hoosier A6/R6s, Katana2 Supercharger, ECU with 265 flash. PPE headers w/decat, CEL angle eliminator, Silent touch catback, Rear Panel Eliminator, HKS intake, V2 fuel tank, Walbro255 fuel pump. HID lights.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-16-2014, 01:19 PM

marketing swag thats unrelated to the racing team - thats wearing a name that is unrelated to the marketing company? ...i just find that hard to believe will become a collectors item!

i have a real camel yellow team jacket from the era.... and while i am blessed to be its steward, i don't think its overly valuable.

"I really started paying attention to cars was when they came out with the Nissan Z, the first body. Then I seen the Cherokees, the old square ones, and I was like, “Wow, that’s cool.” Then I seen the Isuzu jeeps and I seen the Wranglers."
-Lotus Cars VP of Global Design

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-16-2014, 01:42 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitfan View Post
marketing swag thats unrelated to the racing team - thats wearing a name that is unrelated to the marketing company? ...i just find that hard to believe will become a collectors item!

i have a real camel yellow team jacket from the era.... and while i am blessed to be its steward, i don't think its overly valuable.
I agree on all your points, plus will add that the amount spent on that stuff may be enough to buy the team at some point. What I don't agree with is the opening statement, this marketing stuff is related and associated with the team

'17 Evora Sport 410 GP (No. 1 of 9) LMS alloy pan, BOE headers, SSC harness bar
'12 Evora S GP (No. 1 of 14) BOE Prototype S 430 **SOLD**
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-16-2014, 04:05 PM

Don't feel bad, Vettel and Hamilton also failed to complete. As you can see, lots of kinks to be worked out.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-16-2014, 07:14 PM

What do you have for sale?

2012 Evora 2+0 IPS.
2007 Exige mental track toy.
2005 Elise.
1982 Brunette.

"Listen up, I ain't Captain Walker. I'm the guy who carries Mr. Dead in his pocket."

"CHARLIE DON'T SURF"
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-16-2014, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian73 View Post
I agree on all your points, plus will add that the amount spent on that stuff may be enough to buy the team at some point. What I don't agree with is the opening statement, this marketing stuff is related and associated with the team
as i recall - i may be wrong - the deal was:

renault get to use the lotus name with no connection or involvement from Lotus. and lotus get the merchandising rights - with no relationship or involvement from the team.

two completely unrelated activities (merchandizing by Lotus - and team by Renault/Genii) neither of which has any input or involvement to the other.

"I really started paying attention to cars was when they came out with the Nissan Z, the first body. Then I seen the Cherokees, the old square ones, and I was like, “Wow, that’s cool.” Then I seen the Isuzu jeeps and I seen the Wranglers."
-Lotus Cars VP of Global Design
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Motorsports > The Racing Den

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in