Lotus Racing & Formula One - just plain bad - Page 2 - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-27-2014, 04:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by road racer View Post
anyway monaco is not a race
You've obviously never been there for one

Having been to Monaco for the race I have to say it's an experience like no other. It can be a little processional but the amount of risk is huge which can shake up the order. Sutil had some pretty amazing passes this year too, so it can be done

I was there the year Vettel won and Petrov caused a red flag 10 or so laps from the end. It's a pity as Vettel was able to fit new tires on the stop. Up to that Button was catching him and hounding him on fresher tires, the excitement in the grandstands was simply amazing.

And of course the party afterwards as pretty awesome too

For me it still has it all and worth it's place on the calender.

Saying that it's not a Spa - that is how all the races should be

"People think I'm an idiot or something, because all I do is cut lawns for a living. People don't say that about you...as far as you know."

LotusPALS http://lotuspals.ning.com/

2006 Elise
2013 Evora S IPS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-27-2014, 10:51 PM

Indeed I have not been there, and I think I missed my chance because I won't pay the expense with the engines sounding as awful as they do now ...

But don't get me wrong, I didn't mean Monaco isn't a great event. It's just not a race.
post #23 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-28-2014, 04:45 AM

admittedly the v8s sounded awesome off the surrounding cliffs and buildings

I'm sure some of that is lost now

"People think I'm an idiot or something, because all I do is cut lawns for a living. People don't say that about you...as far as you know."

LotusPALS http://lotuspals.ning.com/

2006 Elise
2013 Evora S IPS

post #24 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-29-2014, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Indeed I have not been there, and I think I missed my chance because I won't pay the expense with the engines sounding as awful as they do now ...

But don't get me wrong, I didn't mean Monaco isn't a great event. It's just not a race.
Did you wear ear plugs in the past?
post #25 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-07-2014, 06:44 AM Thread Starter

In Montreal

In Montreal attending the F1 race and it is impressive to see all the effort that goes into the race - very well done. Surprising the number of Lotus F1 fans, definitely not Ferrari but still impressive. The Masters qualifying was really cool and the black and gold JPS car of Andretti was swarmed by people. Crazy popular - nice to see the Lotus Evora downtown with all the swanky wine and Scotch bars/venues with the Porsches, Lambos, and ferraris - beautiful car and tons of people wanting their picture taken with the Evora! nice event.
post #26 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-07-2014, 03:20 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashworboys View Post
In Montreal attending the F1 race and it is impressive to see all the effort that goes into the race - very well done. Surprising the number of Lotus F1 fans, definitely not Ferrari but still impressive. The Masters qualifying was really cool and the black and gold JPS car of Andretti was swarmed by people. Crazy popular - nice to see the Lotus Evora downtown with all the swanky wine and Scotch bars/venues with the Porsches, Lambos, and ferraris - beautiful car and tons of people wanting their picture taken with the Evora! nice event.
Nice. Post some pix if you can. Also, how schitty do those engines sound in real life?

2020 Verde Ithaca Evora GT
2011 Solar Yellow Elise SC
2009 CO Elise SC (R.I.P)
2012 Solar Yellow Evora S
(SOLD)
post #27 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-11-2014, 05:30 PM

So Ash, now after Montreal how do you feel about this season? Watch it if you haven't.
post #28 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-04-2014, 06:54 PM
Illegal Alien

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by shay2nak View Post
you're right. Just look at the stupid promos for the race and all the bullsh*t they talk about 30 min before the race start. Like we're all a bunch of girls who care about the celebrities, parties, yachts etc.

Only thing that was great about the entire event was that I found out that Senna won the race 6 times! 7 if you count the early red flag when he was catching up to Prost like 3 sec a lap near the end of the race.
You are not forced to watch the first 30 minutes

'17 Evora Sport 410 GP (No. 1 of 9) Lotus MS alloy pan, SSC harness bar
'12 Evora S GP (No. 1 of 14) BOE Prototype Stage 2 - 420+bHp **SOLD**
post #29 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-11-2014, 12:31 PM

Quote:
So Ash, now after Montreal how do you feel about this season? Watch it if you haven't.
Update to add the last several races to your question.
Face it, if you're still whining about this year just go ahead and accept that you are not in fact a race fan and stfu.
post #30 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-13-2014, 10:37 AM Thread Starter

Hard to catch F1 in Kandahar, AFG

Montreal was great, amazed at all the Lotus fans, glad I went. lots of people like the old gold and black. I love lotus, and hope to buy an Evora in the next year or so. I just wish there racing presence in the US was more robust. I think it would help them sell a few more Evoras.

I would have posted pics but left a really nice camera on the plane and it's gone! $1,500 and tons of good pics. Painful

Yea, looks like they had a rough go in Budapest.

I am working with some Romanians and they are up to speed on F1, but they say it is crazy expensive and don't even contemplate traveling to watch a race.

I hope my wife will get to LOG 34 and meet everybody.

If anybody every asks you to go to Kandahar, say no, it sucks. No human in there right mind would chose to live here.

All my best,

ash
US Army
1 CAV DIV
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Motorsports > The Racing Den

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in