You must have arrived right after I left. I was parked next to Arnie's red Elise. I brought my Elise (brought the Moke last year). Left early as I had 10 people coming to my house for the Bear's game.
Honestly, the thrill has gone with that show. It's the same cars every year - a bunch of Minis, a bunch of crap MGs and some random cool stuff. Then everything else (Rolls, Bentley, et al).
Some highlights though:
- That old Boattail car parked by the Aston's was cool.
- Did you see the 'hootchie' chick? Some short little old fat guy in a DB9 had a chick with him that had little short shorts, big ass heels and a short leather jacket. She' take the jacket off and reveal a tank top showing ample bolt ons and she was 'posing' by every car. I must say, it was very bizarre. As you know, most British car show guys are old and weird and I think she was gonna give a couple of them a gripper!
- Factory red Delorean (although the bumpers and the body looked like completely different colors).
- Ken's new F Type (he had the green Esprit). He's KOMotors here on LT and has a fleet of great cars!
- The MG limo thing was cool and cray cray.
- This Morgan 3 Wheeler lives right by me. I actually saw him the day of the Geneva Concours at the gas station on 38. Quite the site to see a Morgan 3 Wheeler pull up next to a Mini Moke. Made for some good convo and quite a few pictures!
- The TVR race spec car is cool. That's there every year.
- There was a Jensen 541 (red) that was simply stunning!!! Not the exact car, but it looked like this. My favorite car there: