Anybody have any information on this Elise? Vin # SCCPC11185HL34674 - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-04-2010, 09:40 PM Thread Starter

Anybody have any information on this Elise? Vin # SCCPC11185HL34674

Hello, anybody have any information on a 2005 saffron yellow elise vin # SCCPC11185HL34674 ?

It has a salvage title and I am trying to find out if it had any frame damage or anything serious...

Also the milage seems to have gone up to 14,000 miles and back to 9200 miles somehow...

Any info would be greatly appreciated...

you can email me at [email protected] if that is easier!

Thank you!

Regards,
John
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-06-2010, 11:56 AM

This is a cut and paste from craigslist re: this vehicle:

2005 LOTUS ELISE - $19995 (LONG BEACH)
Date: 2010-03-04, 5:38PM PST
Reply to: see below

BUYERS BEWARE.
THE YELLOW ELISE LISTED FOR SALE IN THE AD BELOW HAS MORE DAMAGE THAN INDICATED IN THE AD. THE DOORS ARE CROOKED AND THE FRONT CLAM IS LOOSE FOR A REASON! (LOOK FOR THE FRONT DAMAGE UNDERNEATH) THE MILEAGE IS ALSO WRONG - I ALREADY DID THE RESEARCH AND THE ODOMETER IS INCORRECT. THIS IS A COURTESY NOTICE TO POTENTIAL BUYERS.

* it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 1629052265
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-06-2010, 11:59 AM

Link to ad for this vehicle:

2005 Lotus Elise Sport Touring 18" MOMO Rims Leather SALVAGE UPGRADED! - $19995 (bixby knolls, long beach, ca)

2005 Lotus Elise Sport Touring 18" MOMO Rims Leather SALVAGE UPGRADED!

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-06-2010, 12:12 PM

Cars rarely get a salvage title with minor damage. I'd be very weary of this car.

2007 Ardent Red Lotus Exige S
2013 Tesla Model S
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-08-2010, 11:13 AM Thread Starter

Phone Conversation with the Seller.. Vin # SCCPC11185HL34674 Ebay Item # 190378009662

Vin # SCCPC11185HL34674 Ebay Item # 190378009662

I talked to the owner of the car on the phone... His auction on ebay and his statements on the phone do not agree. (I am trying to be factual and keep my opinion to myself)

In the ebay auction, it clearly states:

"it was salvaged because of a very minor rear fender bender. I have before pictures, only the rear right section was repaired. everything else is original! No airbags deployed, no frame or structural damage whatsoever!"

When I talked to him on the phone, he clearly stated... "I do not have pictures of the damage before it was repaired. He went on to say that the car was repaired before he purchased it and the only repair work that he is aware of is the rear clam has been repaired with fiberglass and the work can be seen from inside the trunk. He also said that the paint was "poorly blended" and the entire rear clam was not painted..."

I also asked him if the car has or had any frame or suspension damage... He said that he has no idea if the car has any frame or suspension damage...

He also said that the car has never been to a dealer or any professional shop to be inspected for damage… He said that he has never personally looked at the frame or suspension either...

Just thought I would share this with everyone... I don't like to be disrespectful or unfair, but his Ebay description does not coincide with what he says on the phone.

The car is located in BIXBY KNOLLS, LONG BEACH, CA. If anyone does look at the car, I am really curious what the story is. Please post!!!

Regards,
John
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-09-2010, 03:14 PM

How much do u guys think this car is worth ?
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-09-2010, 05:03 PM
anglophile in exile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klint View Post
The ad has been removed - but salvage cars are difficult to value even with a proper inspection.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-13-2010, 04:38 AM

It shows sold for 20k on ebay
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-13-2010, 05:02 AM
www.theapexinn.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klint View Post
See: " Parts for Sale "

Elise #2292 (SOLD) / CO / Starshield / Nitron Sport SA / RTDbrace / Uprights machined / Down Low rails / DBA 4000 Wiper Slot Rotors/ V1 / SS lines w/Pagid Black / G-Pan / Odyssey PC680 with RLS Bracket / Difflow 5 Element diffuser / Stebel Nautilus horn
www.theapexinn.com
" I started flying when Sex was safe and Hang Gliding was dangerous "
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-29-2011, 09:03 PM

Thumbs up To all of you interested about this car!

I bought the car two years ago and there was nothing wrong with the frame or doors or anything else; The fact is the car is in perfect condition; it runs great as if it was new. All original parts are there and the only items that have been replaced are the brake pads. This is a perfect vehicle and please stop saying things that you are not sure of. Come and inspect it and you would agree with me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kameltoe View Post
Vin # SCCPC11185HL34674 Ebay Item # 190378009662

I talked to the owner of the car on the phone... His auction on ebay and his statements on the phone do not agree. (I am trying to be factual and keep my opinion to myself)

In the ebay auction, it clearly states:

"it was salvaged because of a very minor rear fender bender. I have before pictures, only the rear right section was repaired. everything else is original! No airbags deployed, no frame or structural damage whatsoever!"

When I talked to him on the phone, he clearly stated... "I do not have pictures of the damage before it was repaired. He went on to say that the car was repaired before he purchased it and the only repair work that he is aware of is the rear clam has been repaired with fiberglass and the work can be seen from inside the trunk. He also said that the paint was "poorly blended" and the entire rear clam was not painted..."

I also asked him if the car has or had any frame or suspension damage... He said that he has no idea if the car has any frame or suspension damage...

He also said that the car has never been to a dealer or any professional shop to be inspected for damage… He said that he has never personally looked at the frame or suspension either...

Just thought I would share this with everyone... I don't like to be disrespectful or unfair, but his Ebay description does not coincide with what he says on the phone.

The car is located in BIXBY KNOLLS, LONG BEACH, CA. If anyone does look at the car, I am really curious what the story is. Please post!!!

Regards,
John
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-29-2011, 09:12 PM

This is an amazing opportunity to own a ultra-luxury race car for a fraction of it's worth.

Perfect condition, perfect everything other than miniscule paint chips due to road exposure since 2005. Stop the trash talk and come and inspect it and you will see that this is a good deal. I need to sell it since I lost my job. I am in love with this car; it drives tight and fast. Call me at 850-543-6524 or email me at [email protected] and arrange an inspection or test drive. No damage anywhere exept for fiberglass repaired on the right rear side. A perfect car for the money! Julio Segura
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-16-2016, 05:39 PM

This car is up for auction again, any updated info on the state of this car?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > The Salvage Yard

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in