BEWARE THE SALVAGE ELISE ON EBAY - Page 2 - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 80 (permalink) Old 02-11-2015, 05:11 AM

Garage
Are you serious?

“great used lotus Elise, runs and looks great has custom paint and spoiler. upgraded stereo and speakers always maintained, even though this is a rebuilt title it is because it was tapped in the nose and the shell had to be replaced with factory nose causing it to be totaled then rebuilt title was issued in Nevada, I have had this car for over 6 years and have not had any issues out of the norm. This car is well maintained and runs great.It does have a few rattles as any lotus has but everything works and she starts and runs every time.clutch is around 60% tires are better then avg. I have tried to describe the car the best I can please feel free to ask any questions. I will answer to the best of my ability.”

No mention of rear clam damage, suspension damage, frame damage and do I need to go on? He disclosed as if only the front clam was fixed. He is being misleading. If you can't see that then you are part of the problem of people getting screwed over buying a car.

He said it was totaled because It was tapped in the nose and shell had to be replaced. No it was totaled because of the pics posted earlier with major damages.

If a tap does this sort of damage I have an Elise for sale today.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 80 (permalink) Old 02-11-2015, 05:27 AM

It is was just clam damage then, yes, he portrayed it fairly for an Internet ad. We've all seen "slight scrape" that was more of a gouge. If we trusted Internet sellers, then buying sight unseen wouldn't be a big deal.

However, he not only left out the horrible suspension damage, he flat out says the damage was only to the bodywork. That's where he lied

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

"Lots Of Trouble; Usually Serious"
post #23 of 80 (permalink) Old 02-11-2015, 05:32 AM

Definitely!

If THAT car being sold is the car depicted below... then definitely report him! I would not anyone to be a victim of false information, then come here to ask what to repair and we're all just facepalming...
Attached Images

Live a long happy life

post #24 of 80 (permalink) Old 02-11-2015, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atikovi View Post
So you're saying it wasn't hit in the front or wasn't totaled or doesn't have a rebuilt title? Seller seems to be pretty forthright in his description which is more than most of the sellers on Ebay. What false info do you think there is?

It definitely wasn't tapped on the nose. Maybe if he changed it to "completely destroyed" on the nose it would be better.

post #25 of 80 (permalink) Old 02-11-2015, 07:50 AM

Garage
And the back...
Attached Images

post #26 of 80 (permalink) Old 02-11-2015, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KochinoPride View Post
If THAT car being sold is the car depicted below... then definitely report him!
You can't really report him on Ebay unless the listing is a scam, i.e. the car doesn't exist or he is not the owner. How would Ebay know you're not just an other person trying to sell a similar car and want to eliminate the competition? I see a lot of references to a post from 2007 and the car's condition back then, but have you seen it recently? Do you know if it still has suspension damage? Not defending the seller but saying negative stuff about the condition of the car in a public forum without having looked at it now, could be considered slander or libel (don't quote me I'm not a lawyer). Anyone buying a car with a rebuilt title is on notice that the car was totaled at one point and they need to do there due diligence before purchase, regardless of what a seller says.
post #27 of 80 (permalink) Old 02-11-2015, 08:13 AM

That's a good point (I'm not a lawyer either). It's always buyer beware, in the end. Oh well, I hope whoever takes it, never runs into any issues.

Live a long happy life

Last edited by KochinoPride; 02-11-2015 at 08:14 AM. Reason: typo
post #28 of 80 (permalink) Old 02-11-2015, 10:13 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
So you're saying it wasn't hit in the front or wasn't totaled or doesn't have a rebuilt title? Seller seems to be pretty forthright in his description which is more than most of the sellers on Ebay. What false info do you think there is?
Did you read the sellers notes (not just the description) on the ebay ad? It clearly states that the damage was a tap on the nose. That is clearly not the case from the salvage damage pictures.

2005 Nightfall Blue Lotus Elise with ACT LE1-XTSS
post #29 of 80 (permalink) Old 02-11-2015, 10:13 AM Thread Starter

Either way, the community had been warned. Do as you wish.

post #30 of 80 (permalink) Old 02-11-2015, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddSanDiego View Post
It clearly states that the damage was a tap on the nose. That is clearly not the case from the salvage damage pictures.
So is your contention that instead of using the word "tap" he should have used a word more intense? Like crushed or smashed? That's kinda like splitting hairs. Most people understand, or at least I do, that a tap means it was hit and that rebuilt salvage means it was hit pretty hard.
post #31 of 80 (permalink) Old 02-11-2015, 12:21 PM

I have been following this tread

Quote:
So is your contention that instead of using the word "tap" he should have used a word more intense? Like crushed or smashed? That's kinda like splitting hairs. Most people understand, or at least I do, that a tap means it was hit and that rebuilt salvage means it was hit pretty hard.
Based on your rhetoric I have to ask....are you the seller?

[B]05 Lotus Elise REV400, Stage II, BWR TB, OBX header, Moroso Oil Pan, RTD Brace, PRoAlloy Radiator, SS Break Lines, S111 Oil Catch Can, ACT HDC, Carbon Fiber Spliter, GRP Side Scoops, CF side skirts, , S111 front & rear tow hooks, tail lights-LED, Driving lights, Allitech, CF interior, 2010 Exige Spoiler, Lotus shop Seats, RA clam, Light Flywheel, ATI pulley, 2010 Exige Cup mirrors
post #32 of 80 (permalink) Old 02-11-2015, 12:50 PM
craigyirush

Quote:
That's absurd. Anyone who understands English knows that a tap means a light hit, with the emphasis on light! And as has already been pointed out, the severity of the hit is particularly important with an Elise as the chassis is not repairable.

I think someone should report the seller to Ebay.

05 Elise, ST, sports, touring, hardtop, DBA 4000 slotted discs, Ferodo DS2500 pads, Sector 111 gpan3, EP Tuning Quickrack, Pro Alloy rad, DS brace, HnT pad, front and rear tow hooks, CG lock, ORE double cup holder (caffeine for track); '86 911 Targa (sold); '68 MGB (being restored)
post #33 of 80 (permalink) Old 02-11-2015, 01:39 PM

I am not sure if anyone has said this or not but has anyone sent a message to the seller and told them what has need found here? I am not definding anyone but maybe he has no idea the extent of the damage and bought the car from someone who mislead him?
post #34 of 80 (permalink) Old 02-11-2015, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankdavid4 View Post
I am not sure if anyone has said this or not but has anyone sent a message to the seller and told them what has need found here? I am not definding anyone but maybe he has no idea the extent of the damage and bought the car from someone who mislead him?

Post #7 .

If the seller's only fault was suggesting a slighter impact, then it would be typical of an online seller. However, he has implied that the impact was limited to the front bodywork where it most definitely was not. This is where he crossed the line from immoral to illegal

"Lots Of Trouble; Usually Serious"
post #35 of 80 (permalink) Old 02-11-2015, 06:22 PM Thread Starter

Quote:

LOL in that case, I have a vehicle for you that needs light repairs....
Attached Images

post #36 of 80 (permalink) Old 02-11-2015, 10:11 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigyirush View Post
That's absurd. Anyone who understands English knows that a tap means a light hit, with the emphasis on light! And as has already been pointed out, the severity of the hit is particularly important with an Elise as the chassis is not repairable.

I think someone should report the seller to Ebay.
I have spoken to the seller. Apparently his "tap" was after the original "repairs" were made. He either doesn't know of the extent of the damages pre-purchase or he's playing dumb. I'd say he's playing dumb because it had a salvaged title. Either way he is not revising his eBay ad so he's being fraudulent. Here is his response...

"dude
i am describing the details as i know them the car had no damage when i bought the car
when i bought it i had it looked over it was straight with a rebuilt title
it was tapped in the front when some ass backed into it when i owned it
i am telling what i know and thats all i know
sorry if this offends you

- danielpasquale"
post #37 of 80 (permalink) Old 02-12-2015, 08:34 AM

Quote:
You're coming into the forum to defend a criminal act by someone you don't even know. Here's a direct quote from the listing: "this is a rebuilt title it is because it was tapped in the nose and the shell had to be replaced with factory nose causing it to be totaled then rebuilt title was issued in Nevada" - That is a clear lie. The car was obviously totaled due to front, rear, and suspension damage. It was obviously salvaged due to an incident other than the one he is suggesting. He is claiming that the car was totaled in his possession, which it was not. See below.

He obviously doesn't know why it was rebuilt and is pretending he does in order to make the vehicle's salvage history appear less significant than it is. He knows it was totaled before he owned it. Your "defense" doesn't hold up. You don't know what other sellers on eBay are like, so your weak (and irrelevant) argument about other sellers is bunk, too.

He was reported for misrepresentation. <edited by Turbopun>

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDJ74 View Post
I have spoken to the seller. Apparently his "tap" was after the original "repairs" were made. He either doesn't know of the extent of the damages pre-purchase or he's playing dumb. I'd say he's playing dumb because it had a salvaged title. Either way he is not revising his eBay ad so he's being fraudulent. Here is his response...

"dude
i am describing the details as i know them the car had no damage when i bought the car
when i bought it i had it looked over it was straight with a rebuilt title
it was tapped in the front when some ass backed into it when i owned it
i am telling what i know and thats all i know
sorry if this offends you

- danielpasquale"

Last edited by Turbopun; 02-12-2015 at 10:56 AM. Reason: edited
post #38 of 80 (permalink) Old 02-12-2015, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zakiu View Post
You're coming into the forum to defend a criminal act by someone you don't even know. Here's a direct quote from the listing: "this is a rebuilt title it is because it was tapped in the nose and the shell had to be replaced with factory nose causing it to be totaled then rebuilt title was issued in Nevada" - That is a clear lie. The car was obviously totaled due to front, rear, and suspension damage. It was obviously salvaged due to an incident other than the one he is suggesting. He is claiming that the car was totaled in his possession, which it was not. See below.

He obviously doesn't know why it was rebuilt and is pretending he does in order to make the vehicle's salvage history appear less significant than it is. He knows it was totaled before he owned it. Your "defense" doesn't hold up. You don't know what other sellers on eBay are like, so your weak (and irrelevant) argument about other sellers is bunk, too.

He was reported for misrepresentation.
1)I said I wasn't defending the seller back in post #26
2)Having bought and sold over 100 cars on eBay the last 15 years I think I have a pretty good idea what sellers on eBay are like, how many have you?
<edited by Turbopun>

Last edited by Turbopun; 02-12-2015 at 10:57 AM.
post #39 of 80 (permalink) Old 02-12-2015, 10:55 AM
not your dad's puns

Geez guys, take it easy, I'm sure we're all just trying to look after the community.

because racecar
post #40 of 80 (permalink) Old 02-12-2015, 07:32 PM

Quote:
1)I said I wasn't defending the seller back in post #26
2)Having bought and sold over 100 cars on eBay the last 15 years I think I have a pretty good idea what sellers on eBay are like, how many have you?
<edited by Turbopun>
To address your points:

1. Just because you say you're not defending him does not mean you are not actually defending him, especially when every other thing you say indicates you are, in fact, defending the seller. Just because you say something doesn't make it true. Perhaps that's why you're having so much trouble seeing what's wrong with the listing.

2. I've been using eBay for over 15 years, have well over 1000 feedback, and have bought and sold cars on there as well. I have plenty of experience in the matter, and guess what? That's all COMPLETELY IRRELEVANT to the fact that said seller is lying and misrepresenting his vehicle.

No wonder you are trying to defend the scammer. You sound like a dealer. You are embarrassing yourself, bringing in irrelevant arguments to try to save face and intimidate others in an debate because you can't simply win on the merits. And because of that, you're not even worth arguing with. Sorry, but that's just how it is. Only so many minutes in a day. If you haven't learned how wrong you are by now, you never will, so what's the point in wasting time on you? (that's a rhetorical question, don't answer it)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > The Salvage Yard

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in