My LOTUS is totaled. I need fast help. - Page 2 - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 59 (permalink) Old 07-13-2010, 07:21 PM

seems like a fair deal. especially considering you owned it free and clear. arguing over a G may sound worthwhile.. but sounds way too time consuming. i think their offer seems very fair.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 59 (permalink) Old 07-14-2010, 09:03 AM
def

Seems fair to me

V10 R8 Noble M400 GG Elise (sold after 1192 days and 22961 miles)
post #23 of 59 (permalink) Old 07-14-2010, 09:57 AM
I Have Commitment Issues

I picked up my elise for 6k less than what they are offering you. take it and try to keep the hard top

post #24 of 59 (permalink) Old 07-14-2010, 08:39 PM Thread Starter

My Wrecked Lotus! - also my solar energy unit and out little cabin! LotusTalk Lotus Gallery

You have been so kind to me, even after getting greedy...I just wanted to thank you. We are going to accept offer when they call tomorrow (and ask for the top). Keep your fingers crossed about that.

I posted pictures at the above link and the VIN number us as follows:
SCCPC11155HL33756.

After this fiasco and our son and his girlfriend making it out ok with very minor scratches and a bruise here and there, there won't be another sports car for us.
For myself i purchased a 2007 Yukon Denali, something a bit more sturdy. Though I give the Lotus an a+ for safety.

Again, thanks for your help.
Joyce
post #25 of 59 (permalink) Old 07-14-2010, 10:04 PM
anglophile in exile

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOYCEg View Post
My Wrecked Lotus! - also my solar energy unit and out little cabin! LotusTalk Lotus Gallery

You have been so kind to me, even after getting greedy...I just wanted to thank you. We are going to accept offer when they call tomorrow (and ask for the top). Keep your fingers crossed about that.

I posted pictures at the above link and the VIN number us as follows:
SCCPC11155HL33756.

After this fiasco and our son and his girlfriend making it out ok with very minor scratches and a bruise here and there, there won't be another sports car for us.
For myself i purchased a 2007 Yukon Denali, something a bit more sturdy. Though I give the Lotus an a+ for safety.

Again, thanks for your help.
Joyce
Great to hear you son and GF are OK!!

Sad to see the wreck - and there is no doubt that it will never hit the road again
post #26 of 59 (permalink) Old 07-15-2010, 04:58 AM Thread Starter

Yeah, it was a beautiful little car.....that metallic chrome orange......I just don't believe there was another car like it. I was sitting on a hill (I drive a school bus)
and my son came down through town, and it was as it EVERYTHING turned gray and all you could see was that chrome orange car...It was a really cool sight, even if it was my car.

I would suggest that anyone considering one of these little cars, to consider the chrome orange. We got some of the funniest comments from children...."Dad! I can drive this car!" Or "When you're done with this car,can I have it?"

Driving down the road, there were always cameras in the windows of passing vehicles.. Sitting in restaurants, watching people gather around it and have their pictures taken beside it, coming out to all of the conversation....That car was just a lot of fun in a lot of ways! I'm gonna miss it....but we got to enjoy it for 5 years...It was quite a ride. The rule of thumb was it had to be washed before being taken out and had to be washed and dried before putting it up. No riding it hard and putting it up wet!LOL.
post #27 of 59 (permalink) Old 07-15-2010, 06:28 AM
3Xtothe0[]

O.K., I see what your situation is:
You bought the car new 5 years ago and then took a loan against it last December for $30,000. I think you'll be O.K.
Too bad for the car, the crome orange was my other choice (GG was #1 though) Thanks for the pic.

2006 GG Elise Touring/HT/Starshield/Janspeed Stage II Sport exhaust/MM/Multivex/Nitto Invo replacements for rears [which are pretty damn good]
post #28 of 59 (permalink) Old 07-15-2010, 02:56 PM

Thanks for posting up the VIN Joyce. That may indeed keep someone from buying it in the event that the rebuilders get a hold of it. Glad everyone is OK, and hope to see you in a Lotus again!
post #29 of 59 (permalink) Old 07-16-2010, 08:32 AM Thread Starter

Talking about a string of bad luck. My husband was out in his 2004 Duramax this morning and got T-Boned by a tractor trailer coming off the interstate. My husband is sore, his side took the blow, the truck is totaled. I just got back with him from the hospital and we are now headed to clean out his truck.

She just didn't see him. I guess she looked left and right but didn't look straight ahead.
post #30 of 59 (permalink) Old 07-16-2010, 08:57 AM
Mulholland>SCC

Sorry to hear about your bad luck. Wow, a tractor trailer! I firmly believe there needs to be harder tests to get a license and maybe periodic retests too.

Toys-
07 Lotus Exige S Chrome Orange
05 Ducati S4R
02 Suzuki SV650
09 Kawasaki KLX250
post #31 of 59 (permalink) Old 07-16-2010, 09:21 AM Thread Starter

I almost did the same thing in my school bus one time, so I TOTALLY understand what might have happened. you are straining so hard to see left and right and then left again, that you can look right over a vehicle. I went to my supervisor because i was so shaken and this is how he explained it to me.
post #32 of 59 (permalink) Old 07-19-2010, 10:10 PM

Sorry to hear all what happened to you lately. But.....you could also flip that around and consider it good luck that the Elise wasn't there anymore to be driven by your husband when he was T-Boned. All things happen for a reason....
Hope you forget about all those bad moments and wish the bruises disapear fast.

Joyce, did you give the hard top to someone named John? I think I just bought it on E-bay.

Hugo
post #33 of 59 (permalink) Old 07-28-2010, 12:33 PM

you can find other recent sales of similar cars and negotiate, I've done this on behalf of others before on things as lowly as a ford Taurus. generally, just by arguing it, they give something, but don't expect to get it all.

My buddy once got an additional $50 on top of everything for the gas in his tank... just a thought that always makes me laugh.
post #34 of 59 (permalink) Old 08-12-2010, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitfan View Post
so.... .. most legal consul will not get involved over a few grand dispute over a property settlement.
I'm sure you can find a ambulance chasing lawyer, but what you pay him will be more than the difference from their offer and what you expect.
post #35 of 59 (permalink) Old 08-25-2011, 05:26 AM
not your dad's puns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aedo View Post
... and there is no doubt that it will never hit the road again
Not so sure about that.

Bumping this thread as the VIN showed up in an eBay classified.

Lotus Elise VIN SCCPC11155hl33756 on eBay

Hopefully this will help out anyone researching that VIN.
post #36 of 59 (permalink) Old 08-25-2011, 05:34 AM

Wow, I'm amazed someone bothered to repair this one. I'm not sure how much money the seller has into this car, but the ebay price is way too high for a salvage title.
post #37 of 59 (permalink) Old 08-25-2011, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strategery View Post
Wow, I'm amazed someone bothered to repair this one. I'm not sure how much money the seller has into this car, but the ebay price is way too high for a salvage title.
Goodness yes it is. It's high even for a non-salvage example with its years, miles, and mods.

So let me get this straight: A car that becomes salvaged, a year older, and several thousand more miles goes UP in value? Puh-lease.

2006 ST Exige - GT-28RS, Darton sleeved/decked/line-honed, ARP hardware, Wiseco 8.8:1 pistons, MWR valves/springs/retainers, RC injectors, Walbro pump, CWorx oil pump, Moroso oil pan, S111 TrackMounts, Spearco intercooler, GReddy catch-can, Turbosmart BOV, Fidanza clutch/flywheel CF Panels/scoops, S111 Rear Diffuser/Rear-Panel Delete/discNOIR Brakes w/SS lines/RTDbrace/Towhook, APR CF Splitter Alpine unit w/MBQuart, CF binnacle/shifter, Schroth harness, S111 shift brace (Sold)
post #38 of 59 (permalink) Old 08-25-2011, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpfergu View Post
So let me get this straight: A car that becomes salvaged, a year older, and several thousand more miles goes UP in value? Puh-lease.

In all fairness, it does look like it includes an extra tranny.

post #39 of 59 (permalink) Old 08-25-2011, 07:29 AM

Those wheels are hideous!!

2007 Lotus Exige S *Chrome Orange - SOLD
2007 Lotus Exige S *Aspen White - SOLD
2005 Lotus Elise *Magnetic Blue - SOLD
2006 Lotus Exige *Starlight Black Pearl - SOLD
post #40 of 59 (permalink) Old 08-25-2011, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoGeek View Post
In all fairness, it does look like it includes an extra tranny.

Wow, only 10-20 miles away from me.. my dreams are haunted.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > The Salvage Yard

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in