My LOTUS is totaled. I need fast help. - Page 3 - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 59 (permalink) Old 08-25-2011, 08:43 AM
Gamera The Atomic Turtle

Quote:
Originally Posted by agirls View Post
You may want to contact these guys, but $27,000 does not sound like a low ball offer to me, but I don't really know what the market is either. Sorry to hear about your Lotus.

Diminished Value Auto Appraisal Experts - Auto Claims Consultants - Vehicle Total Loss Appraisals.
I paid 27,000 for my 2005 4 months ago - 5900 miles Hardtop, touring, uprated stereo, showroom condition - all keys & maint records.Clean ECU dump. Probably one of the cleanest examples out there. 27 k is correct. (Seller was asking 29,500)

Lotus Elise #134 - S O L D BOE REV400 street car built at BOE in KC. , Stock motor, low boost w/stock cat/mani, 292whp, (5.95 lbs/hp) passes all 50 states emissions/OBD, BOE ST exhaust, ACT HDSS, BOE Clam Hinge, BOE Oil Cooler Relocation, BOE Surge Tank/750cc injectors, BOE Race Links, MWR Rear Lift Kit etc. 0-100 = you bet!
Build thread :
https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f160...seline-114302/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 59 (permalink) Old 08-25-2011, 09:01 AM
Gamera The Atomic Turtle

Quote:
Originally Posted by strategery View Post
Wow, I'm amazed someone bothered to repair this one. I'm not sure how much money the seller has into this car, but the ebay price is way too high for a salvage title.
seller is out of his mind with that price..

Lotus Elise #134 - S O L D BOE REV400 street car built at BOE in KC. , Stock motor, low boost w/stock cat/mani, 292whp, (5.95 lbs/hp) passes all 50 states emissions/OBD, BOE ST exhaust, ACT HDSS, BOE Clam Hinge, BOE Oil Cooler Relocation, BOE Surge Tank/750cc injectors, BOE Race Links, MWR Rear Lift Kit etc. 0-100 = you bet!
Build thread :
https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f160...seline-114302/
post #43 of 59 (permalink) Old 10-13-2011, 03:24 PM

Garage
was there any frame damage or was it just the clam?

"Is it a subtle orange?" um......

2005 Elise - Chrome Orange
2017 Focus RS - Nitrous Blue

post #44 of 59 (permalink) Old 10-16-2011, 08:42 AM
not your dad's puns

Bumping this with the updated eBay listing, with one day left. I really hope the bidders are doing appropriate research.

I see this time that he posted as a no reserve. Of course he also says "Make a resonable offer, and no i will not sell for $22k". I guess we'll know soon enough.
post #45 of 59 (permalink) Old 10-17-2011, 03:40 PM
Anthony

Anyone else notice an issue on the driver's seat? Like it looks burnt? The seller doesn't mention it in the ad.

I sure hope the buyer of this car doesn't get burned with other issues that the seller isn't mentioning. Who knows what the rear looks like with the clam off.

'10 Evora
'06 Elise - partial list: BOE REV300TVS s/c w/ 85mm pulley, VSA Motorsports tuned engine built by DRS, PPE header, BOE exhaust, BOE intake, BOE catch can, S111 gPAN2, S111 ULTRAdiscs, Ohlins, BOE clamhinge, '10 Exige front clam w/ shaved signals, dual projector HIDs, halo turn signals, LED DRLs, RLS ExtendView's, Reverie side scoops, Denag skirts, OEM rear spoiler, S111 CF hardtop, S111 aluminDIFFUSER, EliseUSA stainless engine cover grilles, bandit mask, full Alcantara interior.
post #46 of 59 (permalink) Old 10-18-2011, 04:26 PM
not your dad's puns

Interesting, auction topped off at $19,500. Something must have happened though, as now it's on craigslist.
post #47 of 59 (permalink) Old 10-18-2011, 04:29 PM

Sorry to hear.

I hate to say something like this, but it seems like it's always the babied things that get totaled. Everytime I guard something with my life something crazy bad happens to it. Everytime I abuse the crap out of something it goes on forever.

Pardon me while I go trash my Elise.
post #48 of 59 (permalink) Old 10-23-2011, 10:09 AM

I must agree that it seems to be a fair offer. I bought mine a month and a half ago as follows: 05 with touring and sport paks, 9200 miles, and $25,000.00 dollars in upgrades (with receipts), hard and soft tops, all original equipment given to me, for $31,500.00. Sorry for your loss and hope you pick up another! I am glad no one was hurt!

05 Elise
56 VW Dune Buggy

GGLC-Sacramento Chapter Membership and Recruiting
[email protected]
post #49 of 59 (permalink) Old 10-24-2011, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOYCEg View Post
Fisrt of all, we are just thankful that my son and his girlfeirnd were not injured due to this accident. Now, we are dealing with the insurance company.

We had a 2005 Lotus, with the hard top (used twice, not involved in accident). The LOTUS had 19,500 miles on it, truly a pleasure car, that was washed before it was driven and washed and never put up wet when we were finished with it for the day.

The car was in meticulous condition, inside and out. I think there was one very small scratch, where someone was putting the soft top back on and one of the bars may have scratched the top of the roll bar. There were two small scratches where someone may have driven out of a parking lot onto a lower street and scratched the front end at the bottom....you really had to look for it to see it. It had the metallic orange paint (Which was awesome....BEAUTIFUL COLOR, but I digress.....Sorry)

It had one of those Blenkeupt(SIC) radios, air conditioning and leather seats. It had the touring package.

Now down to finances. We were buiulding a home and got a loan against the car for 30,000, in December. They inspected the car inside and out valued it at 35,000 for the perfect condition and low mileage. We have looked around and see these low milage cars selling for 32,000, but we are being offered 27,000 because the only book that lists is the NADA. So, how can we get a higher value on our car? We had the banker call them and give them their report. The guy couldn't collect mileage because battery was thrown from car, so we sent copy of last inspection sticker info from last November that was 19,599 and sent the loan officer's paperwork showing mileage at 19,500. He was using that as an excuse for an even lower offer, which is now at 27,000.00. Is there anywhere we can get a higher Book Value? We live in Virginia.
Can any of you offer assistance? (And we need it quickly.)

I appreciate SO MUCH , ANY help you can give me.
I didn't read a single reply to this thread, so forgive me for jumping to a reply.

I just went through a similar situation related to an accident with my 06 Exige. (Diminished value came into question)

Anyway, because there are so few of these cars in the world, they have to accept reasonable replacement value. So, if they're offering you 27,000, then they have to show you where you can find one in similar condition, including low miles, for that price.

I hit autotrader.com and pulled a few similar cars to mine and showed that their offer was ridiculous and I simply couldn't get into another car based on what they were offering.

It all worked out in the end, in terms of repair value and DV, but it took some effort.

Just make sure you don't take their low ball offers and have as much documentation as you can to support your position.

Good luck.

"Those who can, do. Those who can't, criticize." - T
post #50 of 59 (permalink) Old 10-24-2011, 07:10 PM
not your dad's puns

It may be helpful to point out that the op started this thread last year. While the sentiment in recent replies is admirable, I'm not sure the op is still following this.

I bumped it only when the VIN showed up in an ebay (and now craigslist) listing.
post #51 of 59 (permalink) Old 10-25-2011, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbopun View Post
It may be helpful to point out that the op started this thread last year. While the sentiment in recent replies is admirable, I'm not sure the op is still following this.

I bumped it only when the VIN showed up in an ebay (and now craigslist) listing.
Damn you resurrected threads!!!!

"Those who can, do. Those who can't, criticize." - T
post #52 of 59 (permalink) Old 09-15-2015, 09:31 AM
not your dad's puns

This one appears to have popped up locally on Cragislist:

2005 lotus Elise

because racecar
post #53 of 59 (permalink) Old 09-15-2015, 02:42 PM
Sold my Exige S

Good to get the word out on this even if it his mom's Lotus!
post #54 of 59 (permalink) Old 09-20-2015, 06:41 PM

Garage
Wow as badly as it was damaged i am surprised it was fixed
post #55 of 59 (permalink) Old 10-18-2016, 05:54 AM

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I wanted to pass on a little information about the car at this point if anyone else decides that this is what they want to spend their money on. Initially I figured, well the wheels are ugly, but those can be swapped out. Apparently the owner has also installed wheel lights that make the wheels glow when rolling, in addition to an LED underlighting kit that is programmable to interact with music. Again i figured well if the price is right, that can always be removed and sold to the Honda crowd. But that is where the problems only started. When I showed up to look at it, at a bit of a distance it looked okay. However, when you started to inspect the car, one issue after the next began cropping up. Firstly, the chin of the car was significantly scraped up, and the owners way of fixing it was to place a carbon fiber sticker over the crack, then lacquer over the top, and JB weld, (YES JB WELD) the back of it to keep the crack from spreading. Water had since gotten under the lacquer and was beginning to look as if it was delaminating. He had also decided that the best way to avoid scraping the lip further was with duct tape on the bottom of the chin. As I continued around the car he told me of how he almost hit a deer with the car, and finally revealed that indeed a buck actually was struck lightly, and his antler had punctured the front clam, and he hasn't gotten around to fixing it yet. Along the side of the car there seemed to be matching cracks in the fiberglass side pieces that run along the bottom sill to the rear wheel wells. The cracks were small breaks right along the rear wheel well. On the rear clam apparently he had practiced the same technique by using JB weld to "repair" a small crack in the rear clam, then placed a Sticker over it again in an effort to top it from spreading. I was assured it hadn't moved in the years he has owned it. Under the car, the accident was very apparent. The aluminum undertray was beaten up, with a large gouge in the tray. I'm not sure if it was mentioned from the OP, but apparently a school bus was involved, and the lotus ended up down a steep embankment in a ditch. The undertray where the rear jacking point was was decently crumpled, and the rear trailing arm was replaced. Looking at the suspension mounting points, they surprisingly didn't look like they had been damaged, however the owner had never had the clam off, nor has he ever had it professionally inspected for frame damage. He said in the almost 30k miles that he has driven it, it has never been a problem. Apparently, a motor mount had cracked, and instead of replacing it, he had it welded.

On the interior, it was more of the same. He had bolted down cheap walmart cupholders to the door sills, The leather on the seats was incredibly warn, and had an extra piece of leather attached to the driver side seat. The airbag looked a little funky, almost like the airbag had been resealed with calk. Not exactly confidence inspiring. The AC did work however. To the boot of the car. The exige style ReVerie wing was attached using a heavy, thick metal plate on the underside of the hatch. And the individual was using a vacuum cleaner attachement as a strut for the boot lid. Overall I think you get the picture.

The car did indeed hold straight, and seemed to be aligned properly, but with all the issues, I think this is one that should be avoided. Just thought i would let you all know. Now I have to hang my head, and begin my search anew.
DDJ74 likes this.
post #56 of 59 (permalink) Old 10-18-2016, 06:14 AM

I attached images of what happened to the car initially, and what it looks like now. As well as a link to the underlighting that was attached to the car. The owner is from Grove Oklahoma, and his ebay name is n2rollsroyce. So if you ever see a chrome orange lotus pop up from there, know what you are getting into. Also the photos he has sent appear to be several years old, from when the car had 34k miles on it. The car now has 48k.

youtube underlighting video

Attached Images

MotoGeek likes this.
post #57 of 59 (permalink) Old 10-22-2016, 04:06 AM
BANNED

Hope everything work out
post #58 of 59 (permalink) Old 10-25-2016, 04:22 AM

omg, that was a fairly recent ebay listing; I got the notification of listing on my phone app not long ago. Good job adding the photos of the damage here

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyCrab12 View Post

On the interior, it was more of the same. He had bolted down cheap walmart cupholders to the door sills, The leather on the seats was incredibly warn[sic], and had an extra piece of leather attached to the driver side seat. The airbag looked a little funky, almost like the airbag had been resealed with calk[sic]. Not exactly confidence inspiring. The AC did work however. To the boot of the car. The exige style ReVerie wing was attached using a heavy, thick metal plate on the underside of the hatch. And the individual was using a vacuum cleaner attachment as a strut for the boot lid. Overall I think you get the picture.
LOL!! Wow.

Quote:
Now I have to hang my head, and begin my search anew.
Set yourself an ebay alert. After the aforementioned car was listed, another orange one popped up with around 19k miles, non-salvage, it was a 2006, and the price was very competitive.

Last edited by SufjansWasp; 10-25-2016 at 04:35 AM.
post #59 of 59 (permalink) Old 10-25-2016, 02:02 PM
BANNED

Wow hope it all works out
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > The Salvage Yard

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in