SCCPC11145HL30539 - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-05-2016, 08:43 AM Thread Starter

SCCPC11145HL30539

https://www.iaai.com/Vehicles/Vehicl...oadRecent=True

Just wanted to give a heads up and a warning as far as auctions work I guess and fully disclosing damage. They list it as only front end damage and a repair cost of 14,096.xx. Which this would be true if that was the only damage. Unfortunately the drivers side - side seal or rocker panel is fully crack and torn approx 12inches and also needs to be replaced. Total damages accessed to properly fix it was 29000.xx plus including replacing side seal and front clam etc. which is why it was totaled by my insurance

Edit: Also the front drivers side oil cooler hose was tore off as a result of impact - and I dont know the extent of possible engine damage as well.

On a side note I ordered a refurb front clam from sector 1. There website states fitment issues may occur. This is also an understatement. To properly fix - meaning additional body work the clam needed was another 2-3 thousand in labor. For example some of the corners on the original clam are square or where they come to a point around the fog lights etc; and this clam was poorly sanded and basically many of the edges where rounded and over sanded and would need to be built back up. So dont think you will get a clam that will need alittle shimming and paint. Have a good one.

Last edited by Blythzithe; 01-05-2016 at 08:53 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-05-2016, 12:43 PM
German Reimport

This sure doesn't look like $29K worth of damage and a good body shop can probably fix the clam and rocker instead of replacing it.
It's sad to see another one totaled but I'm sure this one will find a new home and get a second chance.

If I die, my biggest fear is that my wife sells all my toys for the price I told her I bought them for...
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-05-2016, 05:13 PM Thread Starter

If you wanted a track car you could patch it...The drivers door seal is crack and would need to be replaced would required removing rear clam etc. and the front clam is completely trashed. The underneath is completely missing. It would make a good track car though. I could of had it fixed for around 15k; but once taken to a repable certified body shop to fix it back to factory condition this is what it comes down to. Granted the majority of alot is labor. Just to give you an example though lotus says the headlight buckets need to be sanded and blocked three time before being painted. I just didnt want it fixed only to have issues later on and be disatisfied with a half fixed right car.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > The Salvage Yard

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in