Totaled 05 Elise My Baby! - Page 3 - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 57 (permalink) Old 06-18-2015, 01:01 PM

Sorry to read about your Elise. It is good everybody is ok.

Nice Exige you got now. Can I have a test drive?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 57 (permalink) Old 06-18-2015, 02:30 PM

So you bought it! I use to see that black exige parked outside the McLaren dealership (yellow golden state warriors car parked outside) in Palo Alto everyday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muzicman View Post
I have already replaced her. I found a 2008 Exige S240 with 14K miles in California Bay Area. I flew down last Friday and picked her up and drove her back home in Washington State. I was upset about my Elise but this new Exige puts a smile on my face every time I look at her and drive her. NO ONE gets to drive this one. NO ONE!!
post #43 of 57 (permalink) Old 06-18-2015, 02:44 PM

Garage
Hey Muzicman..... How much damage was there to the frame, and suspension? Is this one that can actually be re-built? Is this now labeled as a salvage title? If you want to sell it, shoot me a message. [email protected] Thanks Doug

post #44 of 57 (permalink) Old 06-18-2015, 02:54 PM

Quote:
The body shop removed all the broken pieces. They found no damage to the pan or suspension. The damage was limited to the front clam, both headlights, both indicators, side markers, and the louvers on the clam. I may buy this back as I have found refurb clams and used parts and should be well under 10K to repair.
Fix it.....

The clam is about $4500 from mylotusgarage.com....just be VERY careful to inspect it. Lotus ships it in a CARDBOARD box!!
post #45 of 57 (permalink) Old 06-19-2015, 01:50 AM

I did the same when my buddy totaled my 05 elise... You are gonna love the Exige man.

2006 Lotus Exige
2005 Titanium Elise (RIP)
post #46 of 57 (permalink) Old 06-19-2015, 05:24 AM
Silverback

I also have a 2005 Elise that I crashed on the NCM track, rear end damage instead of front. I'm having difficulty with track insurance. They want to total and sell back to me for $15,000 which I will not do. First your car is definitely repairable and should not have been totaled. What I'm learning is that insurers do not want to fix these cars and in fact they want them or want you to pay exorbitant price to buy it back. I slo be interested to know what they paid you to to total it out as compared with estimate to fix.
post #47 of 57 (permalink) Old 06-19-2015, 05:59 AM

Don't let anyone drive your car

I learned the hard way, I let a friends brother take my 06 Elise out for a spin, traction control was on, yet he powered braked the car at a red light, the tires weren't spinning but my clutch was smoking, 4K for a new clutch.
post #48 of 57 (permalink) Old 06-19-2015, 07:55 AM

Lotus in black pictures never do justice. Beautiful exige glad everyone is ok.
post #49 of 57 (permalink) Old 06-19-2015, 01:46 PM
Elise Guru

Glad everyone is OK. Sounds like a 16-18 year old move, not a 28 year old. Could I recommend some autocrossing to everyone to get comfortable at the limit? After I spun the lotus about 100 times, I got a bit better riding that limit!

Congrats on the Exige!

Multiple SCCA Solo National and Pro Solo National Championships

Blackwatch Racing - Better for the Street, Proven on the track

Lotus Performance Parts and Accessories

Winning Suspension
- Larini Exhaust - BWR Close Ratio Gearset
We build the toughest Lotus Transmissions for the Elige. From Stock to SCCA-NASA-World Challenge Winners.

6UL wheels
post #50 of 57 (permalink) Old 06-22-2015, 12:16 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by glui2001 View Post
So you bought it! I use to see that black exige parked outside the McLaren dealership (yellow golden state warriors car parked outside) in Palo Alto everyday.
Yup, I am the one that bought it. Flew into San Jose from Portland Oregon to pick her up and drive her home. The dealership picked me up at the airport. I had asked for and was hoping for a Mclaren but they sent a young kid in a new Volvo. I have hand polished her. About 60 hours so far, and the paint now looks like new! It appears her paint had been neglected for some time now. At a distance it looked great but there were 1000's of microscratches and a few deep sratches. Even in direct sunlight, it looks like freshly painted fingernail polish. I love Mrguiars products! However, I am looking at becoming a spectrachrome dealer and painter and my Exige S240 would be the perfect showcar to get me new customers. If you haven't seen this it's worth a watch. https://www.youtube.com/user/SpectraChrome
post #51 of 57 (permalink) Old 06-22-2015, 08:26 AM

Man... this story sucks, and is awesome. Great replacement. Rearward visibility does suck just a tad, but you'll get used to that, and placing your mirrors just right helps a lot. Backup camera is a nice addition.

I drive out your way every once in a while. Live in Felida, towards Vancouver Lake.

Congrats on killing cancer. One of my best friends was diagnosed with stage 4 bladder cancer and beat it. One hell of a fight, taking that $h!t on. Nice you whooped it!!!
post #52 of 57 (permalink) Old 06-23-2015, 08:11 AM

If you ever do spectra-coat your exile please do share pics!

Quote:
Yup, I am the one that bought it. Flew into San Jose from Portland Oregon to pick her up and drive her home. The dealership picked me up at the airport. I had asked for and was hoping for a Mclaren but they sent a young kid in a new Volvo. I have hand polished her. About 60 hours so far, and the paint now looks like new! It appears her paint had been neglected for some time now. At a distance it looked great but there were 1000's of microscratches and a few deep sratches. Even in direct sunlight, it looks like freshly painted fingernail polish. I love Mrguiars products! However, I am looking at becoming a spectrachrome dealer and painter and my Exige S240 would be the perfect showcar to get me new customers. If you haven't seen this it's worth a watch. https://www.youtube.com/user/SpectraChrome
post #53 of 57 (permalink) Old 07-08-2015, 07:16 PM

I would be SO disappointed at your son
post #54 of 57 (permalink) Old 07-23-2015, 09:41 AM

erepairables.com 2005 lotus elise

is this it here? it seems to be at a too good to be true price (the previous bid was 200 bucks) i figured there was something seriously wrong with it but after reading the thread i am amazed that these cars will go for so little in salvage auctions for body damage 0_0
post #55 of 57 (permalink) Old 07-23-2015, 10:26 AM

As a general statement, Elises in this sort of condition typically sell at salvage auctions in the mid teens. Assuming you need to put $10k into it to fix you have a mid $20k salvage/rebuilt title Elise.
post #56 of 57 (permalink) Old 08-29-2015, 03:59 AM Thread Starter

I got a call from the new owner that picked it up at auction for 13.5k. He has a shop and has had a front clam on his shelf for 2 years waiting for the right car. He said he is going to rebuild and enjoy driving it. I will get pictures and share what I get. I'm so happy she will be on the road again someday.
post #57 of 57 (permalink) Old 08-29-2015, 08:43 AM
craigyirush

Great news! Another totaled Elise is saved.

05 Elise, ST, sports, touring, hardtop, DBA 4000 slotted discs, Ferodo DS2500 pads, Sector 111 gpan3, EP Tuning Quickrack, Pro Alloy rad, DS brace, HnT pad, front and rear tow hooks, CG lock, ORE double cup holder (caffeine for track); '86 911 Targa (sold); '68 MGB (being restored)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > The Salvage Yard

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in