BOE TOC Baffled Oil Pan v1.1 - Page 2 - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-07-2015, 04:01 PM

Does the Exige have some sort of factory windage tray that mounts to the bottom of the block that needs to be removed? I'm laying under the car and my new TOC pan seems to hit this "fluted" type of panel that bolts on to the bottom of the block. I emailed Phil but I'm sure their not at the shop answering emails. There are pictures below, it seems to hit where my finger is in the second pic. I'd like to wrap this up tonight but if I have to, I'll wait until tomorrow.

Thanks

Name:  ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1428451263.269122.jpg
Views: 378
Size:  86.1 KBName:  ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1428451276.004252.jpg
Views: 378
Size:  86.7 KB
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-07-2015, 04:26 PM

You're not alone - the Moroso pans needed this tray removed or trimmed:

https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f25/...ml#post1149679

I thought the newer solutions (TOC and gPan 2/3) didn't, but I might be wrong.
post #23 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-07-2015, 04:33 PM

Thanks. The forum search and even google didn't find me much.

Thanks for the link.

I didn't want to tear into this piece with a grinder before I knew for sure that I needed to.

post #24 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-07-2015, 06:04 PM

Just have to give major KUDOS to Phil for giving support WAY outside of business hours. There is no reason that he had to contact me tonight (at 10pm EST) but went out of his way to make sure that I was a happy customer. I don't know how to express what a fantastic operation he runs and how the customer is always put first.

Now for reference it seems that the mounting points for the factory windage tray are slotted/oversized and you can loosen it up and slide it far enough for the new pan to mount up nice and solid. I'm not that patient and re shaped the windage tray with a grinder and sanded my new edge back to smooth. I noticed the adjustment in the tray when I mounted it back up. Phil confirmed that the adjustment is usually enough to get the clearance that is needed.

Phil, thanks again. You guys rock.
post #25 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-07-2015, 06:38 PM

Good info about the tray, I did not have that problem but had to dremel down the welds a bit to get some of the bolts to fit. However, I think it is a great product, and has not even dripped a bit once since I installed it. It is what Lotus should have shipped as OE.
Attached Images

post #26 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-07-2015, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclipse19 View Post
Now for reference it seems that the mounting points for the factory windage tray are slotted/oversized and you can loosen it up and slide it far enough for the new pan to mount up nice and solid. I'm not that patient and re shaped the windage tray with a grinder and sanded my new edge back to smooth. I noticed the adjustment in the tray when I mounted it back up. Phil confirmed that the adjustment is usually enough to get the clearance that is needed.
Good to know! Gotta love BOE

Sounds like another win for the TOC over the old pans like the Moroso. I'm thinking of switching over to one but the thought of scraping RTV off the pan again (even if it would be the last time) makes me sad.
post #27 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-22-2015, 07:22 AM

Can I install this on my 260 cup (year 2010 )without modification?
post #28 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-07-2016, 02:08 AM

Do these pans work correctly if fitted to a North South engine installation as opposed to the east west as seen in the Lotus? Or does that end up with the gates and baffles aligned incorrectly for high cornering G's?
post #29 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-07-2016, 06:24 AM Thread Starter
Plug Whisperer

Should be fine like that....

What's it going in?

Phil: NASA 2012 and 2014 TT1 Central Champion, 2005 GG Elige, Rev400, 485+whp REV X

2011 Pearl White Evora, BOE Skunk Works 6 SPD 435WHP || 2014 Black Evora Skunk Works IPS 390WHP|| 2011 White Evora Skunk Works IPS 390WHP || 2006 CO Elise, Rev400, Steet Car

www.boefab.com: We Build Champions | Products-Service-Advice

BOE ClamHinge | BOE TVS SuperCharging, The Most Powerful Track-Worthy Forced Induction | EFI Engine Management | BOE The Essential Fuel Starve Solution| BOE Lotus Tow Package| BOE New-Tech Lotus Race Engines | The Right Oil Filter for Your Lotus | Custom Lotus ECU Tuning

Pain makes man Think. Thinking makes man Wise. Wisdom makes tracking a Lotus Endurable
post #30 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-07-2016, 08:29 AM

Clubman/Locost/7 replica whatever you want to call it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Vendors > BOE Fabrication

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in