Evora Power Packages are HERE! - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community
 6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 44 (permalink) Old 03-29-2017, 09:26 PM Thread Starter
Plug Whisperer

Evora Power Packages are HERE!

It has been a long time coming, but we're going to start releasing power packages to the public. It's exciting because we've been working on this platform for years now and just haven't been able to release much. Our entire skunkworks program isn't quite ready for primetime, which is mainly more of a capacity issue on our part, but we will release as much as we can when we can.

For now, we're still updating the webpage, but feel free to have a look. You can place orders for some of the power packages, but not all.

BOE Evora and V6 Products

There's a lot coming down the pipeline in brakes and other hard parts (Evora nitron shocks here already), but I know everyone is hungry for power!

Stage 1, 2, 3 are ready for Evora NA platforms. Evora S is not far behind... We can flash IPS, but not quite ready to release it yet.

Again, website updates will come...

Cheers,

Phil
Attached Images

shay2nak and 310tmac like this.

Phil: NASA 2012 and 2014 TT1 Central Champion, 2005 GG Elige, Rev400, 485+whp REV X

2011 Pearl White Evora, BOE Skunk Works 6 SPD 435WHP || 2014 Black Evora Skunk Works IPS 390WHP|| 2011 White Evora Skunk Works IPS 390WHP || 2006 CO Elise, Rev400, Steet Car

www.boefab.com: We Build Champions | Products-Service-Advice

BOE ClamHinge | BOE TVS SuperCharging, The Most Powerful Track-Worthy Forced Induction | EFI Engine Management | BOE The Essential Fuel Starve Solution| BOE Lotus Tow Package| BOE New-Tech Lotus Race Engines | The Right Oil Filter for Your Lotus | Custom Lotus ECU Tuning

Pain makes man Think. Thinking makes man Wise. Wisdom makes tracking a Lotus Endurable
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 44 (permalink) Old 03-29-2017, 11:28 PM

Great to see some V6 options from BOE beyond your FB page. Komo-Tec, SSC & Jubu have been doing this for a while now

I hope a larger TVS SC is in the upgrade path. The non IC 1320 fitted to the S is already maxed-out at stock 345 HP. Lotus' development of the 400's larger SC + CC , Evora race teams & engineers assigned to hot weather testing here in the Gulf all confirm heat soak issues with the 1320 unit.

It would be great to see claimed power curves, backed-up with data logging of ambient & intake temperatures and to know how many dyno runs were done for the peak power claim.

Whats the plan for gearboxes to cope with additional power? I note even the latest Evora 400/410 has its torque pinned at the 300 lb ft level, similar to the older S. Above this torque level on production transmissions theres no warranty from the factory. Only when fitted with the sequential transmission (3-Eleven Race version), does Lotus increase power to 387 ib ft / 460 HP.
SSC are also only offering higher powered V6s (TVS1900 + CC) with race transmissions.

Arabian Elises R US

Last edited by cain-it; 03-29-2017 at 11:49 PM.
post #3 of 44 (permalink) Old 03-30-2017, 06:04 AM Thread Starter
Plug Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cain-it View Post
Great to see some V6 options from BOE beyond your FB page. Komo-Tec, SSC & Jubu have been doing this for a while now

I hope a larger TVS SC is in the upgrade path. The non IC 1320 fitted to the S is already maxed-out at stock 345 HP. Lotus' development of the 400's larger SC + CC , Evora race teams & engineers assigned to hot weather testing here in the Gulf all confirm heat soak issues with the 1320 unit.

It would be great to see claimed power curves, backed-up with data logging of ambient & intake temperatures and to know how many dyno runs were done for the peak power claim.

Whats the plan for gearboxes to cope with additional power? I note even the latest Evora 400/410 has its torque pinned at the 300 lb ft level, similar to the older S. Above this torque level on production transmissions theres no warranty from the factory. Only when fitted with the sequential transmission (3-Eleven Race version), does Lotus increase power to 387 ib ft / 460 HP.
SSC are also only offering higher powered V6s (TVS1900 + CC) with race transmissions.
Flashing back several years with all the trans questions about the C6X behind the 2ZZ, yes the trans is a potential issue... particularly so when dedicated to track conditions, but less-so on the street.

We have enough cars running with more power now that I feel real good about street applications.

On the track, VSA has worked out strengthening the trans for 350whp to be driven in anger. There's not a lot of track data beyond that on the stock trans with >420bhp....

Regarding bigger blower, the SSC 1900 isn't too exciting. It's not intercooled and we're already making over 420hp on the stock blower setup with headers, CAI, and a tune (no pulley).

There is a true charged-cooled TVS1900 coming out soon though, as we're providing the tuning for that. It's not our kit, we're just consulting and providing the tuning base. The castings are already complete and early versions are going to the dyno, literally now.

With all the power adders coming to the market for 2GR, more trans parts will follow....

-Phil

Phil: NASA 2012 and 2014 TT1 Central Champion, 2005 GG Elige, Rev400, 485+whp REV X

2011 Pearl White Evora, BOE Skunk Works 6 SPD 435WHP || 2014 Black Evora Skunk Works IPS 390WHP|| 2011 White Evora Skunk Works IPS 390WHP || 2006 CO Elise, Rev400, Steet Car

BOE ClamHinge | BOE TVS SuperCharging, The Most Powerful Track-Worthy Forced Induction | EFI Engine Management | BOE The Essential Fuel Starve Solution| BOE Lotus Tow Package| BOE New-Tech Lotus Race Engines | The Right Oil Filter for Your Lotus | Custom Lotus ECU Tuning

Pain makes man Think. Thinking makes man Wise. Wisdom makes tracking a Lotus Endurable

post #4 of 44 (permalink) Old 03-30-2017, 06:39 AM

Thanks for the reply, looking forward to seeing what next

Arabian Elises R US
post #5 of 44 (permalink) Old 03-30-2017, 02:30 PM Thread Starter
Plug Whisperer

Just updated the website for Stage 2.

This is the same hardware and tuning we were testing in Colorado for the 2015 LOG where we drove the car to the top of Pike Peak. We really have been working on this for a long time!

NA Evora Stage 2

Cheers,

Phil
Attached Images

shay2nak and 310tmac like this.

post #6 of 44 (permalink) Old 03-30-2017, 02:36 PM Thread Starter
Plug Whisperer

This is in the Stage 2 product description, but the cam phasing (among some other things) is WAY different from Stock to Stage 1 to Stage 2... So while you can mix and match tunes and hardware and likely not hurt anything, you'll be leaving a good bit of power on the table if you don't stick with the recipe.

-Phil

post #7 of 44 (permalink) Old 03-30-2017, 05:47 PM

I see that right now you ave to send the ECU in. In the future when you can do the flash yourself, will the tuning be opened up to the end user?
post #8 of 44 (permalink) Old 03-31-2017, 07:06 AM Thread Starter
Plug Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Z View Post
I see that right now you ave to send the ECU in. In the future when you can do the flash yourself, will the tuning be opened up to the end user?
Anyone that purchases a Stage, will eventually get the software. We keep making improvements to the software to make it friendlier for the end-user. I think we're close. In the meantime, the ECUs come to us for bench flashing.

When released the software will allow you to monitor data, do basic diagnostics, check readiness, clear codes, upload your stock tune, the Stage tune, and pull the performance report. It will not allow modifying the stock or stage tune.

Thanks!

Phil

post #9 of 44 (permalink) Old 03-31-2017, 04:03 PM

Does the price of the stage 2 tune include headers ?
post #10 of 44 (permalink) Old 04-10-2017, 05:20 AM

What happens if you go for a stage 2 then upgrade to the cams, how much do you pay for the reflash?
post #11 of 44 (permalink) Old 04-10-2017, 11:05 AM Thread Starter
Plug Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by itscard0lan View Post
Does the price of the stage 2 tune include headers ?
Yes it does

Quote:
What happens if you go for a stage 2 then upgrade to the cams, how much do you pay for the reflash?
Ah, good question!

If someone is updating from one stage to another, the flash certainly changes. Rather than charging for a completely new flash, it's just a flat $500 for the flash update...

Cheers,

Phil

post #12 of 44 (permalink) Old 08-04-2017, 06:18 PM

I don't post on the forums as I'm more of the silent reading type. However, I've been looking into upgrading my Evora S. Emails to: [email protected] have gone unanswered. Is there another email that I can use that will get responses?
post #13 of 44 (permalink) Old 08-05-2017, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RR_Evora View Post
I don't post on the forums as I'm more of the silent reading type. However, I've been looking into upgrading my Evora S. Emails to: [email protected] have gone unanswered. Is there another email that I can use that will get responses?
Funny, I thought it was just me.
post #14 of 44 (permalink) Old 08-05-2017, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Funny, I thought it was just me.
Well... that doesn't represent them well. LOL! I also thought there'd be a quicker response on a forum.
post #15 of 44 (permalink) Old 08-07-2017, 08:05 AM

If you put an "@" in front the the user name it is supposed to notify they user in their inbox.

@turbophil
post #16 of 44 (permalink) Old 08-07-2017, 10:37 AM
Race & Pamper

post #17 of 44 (permalink) Old 08-07-2017, 10:58 AM Thread Starter
Plug Whisperer

It's funny, Andrew and I have more than a dozen tech conversations a day via facebook, Lotus talk PMs, texts, emails, phone calls, and shop drop-ins in addition to running the business. We can teach folks to work on cars within reason, but the tech consulting is time intensive and extraordinarily difficult to teach since the knowledge base is acquired through experience and not a book or google. Invariably, despite the constant communication that we're in with folks through the variety of communication channels, we miss plenty of inquiries. It's not an excuse, just is what it is. Only so much time in the day....

Nevertheless, if there are general questions about the power packages, post them on this thread and perhaps the answer will address similar questions for others.

If it's very specific to a question that only impacts you (a single person), then please be persistent with email or phone if you don't get a reply in 48 hours. Waiting past 48 hours means that you probably got missed. It's not we don't have staff to help, but when it comes to tech consultation, you're waiting on 1 of 2 guys that answers tech questions all day every day...

Thanks, Phil

post #18 of 44 (permalink) Old 08-07-2017, 05:57 PM

I can understand that, but when it's potentially thousands of dollars exchanging hands there needs to be better responsiveness. Otherwise how can we invest with you and feel comfortable about it?

For me, a California owner, I'm looking for a simple/legal upgrade path. Right now that means a drop in K&N filter, Cat-back exhaust(that keeps the sports system/operation in place for those quiet time needs) and then an upgraded tune to match those components. It looks like that's essentially your stage 1.5... if you had one.

Do you have such an option and/or plan coming into play? It's basically an every person setup that doesn't break the bank, gives us a little bit more hp/tq and let's us sleeps sound at night knowing that the CA Smog Police can't touch us. Right now the site shows nothing like this and the CAI's have no Carb/EO#. Tuning is, generally, easy to undo before the smog and put back after.
post #19 of 44 (permalink) Old 08-07-2017, 08:47 PM
Formerly EliseIn2005

Similar situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RR_Evora View Post
I can understand that, but when it's potentially thousands of dollars exchanging hands there needs to be better responsiveness. Otherwise how can we invest with you and feel comfortable about it?

For me, a California owner, I'm looking for a simple/legal upgrade path. Right now that means a drop in K&N filter, Cat-back exhaust(that keeps the sports system/operation in place for those quiet time needs) and then an upgraded tune to match those components. It looks like that's essentially your stage 1.5... if you had one.

Do you have such an option and/or plan coming into play? It's basically an every person setup that doesn't break the bank, gives us a little bit more hp/tq and let's us sleeps sound at night knowing that the CA Smog Police can't touch us. Right now the site shows nothing like this and the CAI's have no Carb/EO#. Tuning is, generally, easy to undo before the smog and put back after.

I'm in the same boat with my '14 S. Live in CA, can't exactly bring it by your shop. I've already got a Larini Valved Exhaust with 3rd cat delete, and am interested in what a tune could provide (in addition to perhaps the BOE intake). I'm still under warranty until 2/18. I'd like something that doesn't place so much strain on the components that will have early failures, and a tune that won't create issues when I've got to smog it (in 2020). Finally, prices?

Thanks!

2017 Evora 400, MT, Racing Green, Alcantara Pack, 3rd cat delete
2014 Evora S 2+2, MT, Sienna Brown, Cognac, Larini ClubSport Valved Exhaust and Testpipe, GT4 wing (SOLD)
2011 1 Series M Coupe, Valencia Orange
2005 Elise, Laser Blue, Katana SC (sold)
1972 BMW 2002tii, Riviera Blue, M42 engine swap
post #20 of 44 (permalink) Old 08-08-2017, 06:24 PM

Where did you get your exhaust? I didn't see it on the BoeFab site.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Vendor Member Section > BOE Fabrication

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in