Full-Floating Race Rotors - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-11-2013, 06:12 PM Thread Starter
Plug Whisperer

Full-Floating Race Rotors

We switched up the look on our latest batch. I hope you approve!

These are the best in stopping you can get for standard rotor sizes

Click the pic for a link.

Cheers!

Phil

Phil: NASA 2012 and 2014 TT1 Central Champion, 2005 GG Elige, Rev400, 485+whp REV X

2011 Pearl White Evora, BOE Skunk Works 6 SPD 435WHP || 2014 Black Evora Skunk Works IPS 390WHP|| 2011 White Evora Skunk Works IPS 390WHP || 2006 CO Elise, Rev400, Steet Car

www.boefab.com: We Build Champions | Products-Service-Advice

BOE ClamHinge | BOE TVS SuperCharging, The Most Powerful Track-Worthy Forced Induction | EFI Engine Management | BOE The Essential Fuel Starve Solution| BOE Lotus Tow Package| BOE New-Tech Lotus Race Engines | The Right Oil Filter for Your Lotus | Custom Lotus ECU Tuning

Pain makes man Think. Thinking makes man Wise. Wisdom makes tracking a Lotus Endurable
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-11-2013, 06:15 PM

Looks swish
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-11-2013, 06:35 PM

re: Rotors

What is the hat material? Aluminum? 6xxx series?

Anton

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-11-2013, 06:37 PM

Looks sexy. Hard Anodized just like daddy likes?

'07 Exige S270 :: Aspen White ::

"This is like O. Henry and Alanis Morissette had a baby and named it "this exact situation"."
Sterling Mallory Archer
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-11-2013, 07:22 PM
The Enforcer

They look fantastic. If I had stock-sized rotors I'd want these. Love the engraved emblem, which probably shaves major weight!

Don't forget to send a quote my way when you get the chance.

San
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-12-2013, 04:11 AM Thread Starter
Plug Whisperer

Thanks!

Phil: NASA 2012 and 2014 TT1 Central Champion, 2005 GG Elige, Rev400, 485+whp REV X

2011 Pearl White Evora, BOE Skunk Works 6 SPD 435WHP || 2014 Black Evora Skunk Works IPS 390WHP|| 2011 White Evora Skunk Works IPS 390WHP || 2006 CO Elise, Rev400, Steet Car

BOE ClamHinge | BOE TVS SuperCharging, The Most Powerful Track-Worthy Forced Induction | EFI Engine Management | BOE The Essential Fuel Starve Solution| BOE Lotus Tow Package| BOE New-Tech Lotus Race Engines | The Right Oil Filter for Your Lotus | Custom Lotus ECU Tuning

Pain makes man Think. Thinking makes man Wise. Wisdom makes tracking a Lotus Endurable
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-13-2013, 12:00 PM

Didn't you mention that you had Evora sizes coming soon~ish? I'm about 1/2 through my current rotors and not really looking forward to having to swap them but definitely keeping up to date.
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-13-2013, 12:36 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbophil View Post
We switched up the look on our latest batch. I hope you approve!

These are the best in stopping you can get for standard rotor sizes

Click the pic for a link.

Cheers!

Phil

Looks great...My current set of BOE Floating Rotors are still going strong, Thanks for a great product!!!!
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-13-2013, 12:56 PM Thread Starter
Plug Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plackslayer View Post
Didn't you mention that you had Evora sizes coming soon~ish? I'm about 1/2 through my current rotors and not really looking forward to having to swap them but definitely keeping up to date.
Actually yes... We've had the Evora rotors out in the field for a while we're quite happy with them. We're working on a batch right now. We're done with the machining and waiting for ano at this point. Looks like it will be first or second week in July for completion....

Phil

post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-13-2013, 12:56 PM Thread Starter
Plug Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul S View Post
Looks great...My current set of BOE Floating Rotors are still going strong, Thanks for a great product!!!!

Glad you like them, Paul!

post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-13-2013, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Actually yes... We've had the Evora rotors out in the field for a while we're quite happy with them. We're working on a batch right now. We're done with the machining and waiting for ano at this point. Looks like it will be first or second week in July for completion....

Phil
Sounds good - mine have plenty of iron for this upcoming track day but as you know Hallett is hard on brakes If I need another set post race day you will be getting an email quite quickly lol.
post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-13-2013, 02:32 PM

Garage
Quote:

Phil
Good news! I can get some that are in style West of Hethel!

Anyone can make something complicated. It takes genius to make it simple. Einstein.
2011 Evora S Racing Heritage Edition (#3 of 4) (Now with alexsharkeyross)
2005 Elise LRG, Trim Shop interior, full cage, Cup wheels, BWR 'charger lives!
1974 Lotus Europa Special 3841R in JPS livery
2007 Toyota Tundra (about 10 cup holders), traded for 2015 Tundra TRD PRO
2007 Audi S4 DTM (RIP) 1980 Rover SD1 (new home) 2015 Honda Civic Si
2016 370Z Nismo
2013 Bentley Continental GT Speed
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-13-2013, 04:34 PM Thread Starter
Plug Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ageshelin View Post
What is the hat material? Aluminum? 6xxx series?

Anton
Hi Anton-

As you would imagine, 6061.

We're only doing standard size rotors at this time, FWIW...

-Phil

post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-13-2013, 05:16 PM Thread Starter
Plug Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadDad View Post
It's not the Lotus logo. It is the classic logo that you typically see on cheap knock off products from Brasil... and China... Discerning eyes can easily see it .
LOL- Close! Although it's Mexcio. You should meet the 6 year old kids that I have slaving away over these things. We bring them into the country by the pallet on a highly modified WRX that drives through a hidden passage in a mountain on the Mexican border. With the rise of the 3rd world country middle class, I've been having to pay a nickel a month, so things are getting pricey!

Julian73 likes this.

post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-13-2013, 09:40 PM
Mulholland>SCC

I know you are joking, but it's not really that funny.

Those are some pretty rotors though. Is the disk coated black? What's the point of that?

Toys-
07 Lotus Exige S Chrome Orange
05 Ducati S4R
02 Suzuki SV650
09 Kawasaki KLX250
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-13-2013, 10:31 PM
The Enforcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by agirls View Post
I know you are joking, but it's not really that funny.

Those are some pretty rotors though. Is the disk coated black? What's the point of that?
Sometimes it's done to hide the rust rings that would form. The pads wipe away the coating and the other areas still look good.

San
post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-14-2013, 05:17 AM

Any plans to add Cup/S240/S260 front size rotors (308mm)?

-Ed
'08 Arctic Silver Exige S240
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-14-2013, 06:49 AM Thread Starter
Plug Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinP View Post
Any plans to add Cup/S240/S260 front size rotors (308mm)?
I hadn't put a ton of thought into it, but certainly could if there's interest. The question is do you want just the discs or the bell/hat as well for that application?

We do Nissan GTR rotors as well and are set to tool up on rotors in the next month or so. We do rotors in batches regardless of the rotor type/size. So if there's a demand for the 308s, we could probably have the CAD done to get them cut when doing the GTR batch...

-PV

post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-14-2013, 07:50 AM

I'd want the hats and rotors. Would these require spacers for the stock S240 front wheels?

TIA,

-Ed
'08 Arctic Silver Exige S240
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-14-2013, 07:52 AM Thread Starter
Plug Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinP View Post
I'd want the hats and rotors. Would these require spacers for the stock S240 front wheels?

TIA,
OK- I'll see what we can do...

As for fitment, would plug and play just like our other rotors. no spacers required...

-PV

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Vendors > BOE Fabrication

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in