8Likes
  • 5 Post By turbophil
  • 2 Post By turbophil
  • 1 Post By VisualEchos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-10-2017, 10:38 PM Thread Starter
Plug Whisperer

Really Quick Exige

We build a lot of Lotus cars every year. It's what we do. I don't share enough of them, but thought I'd do a quick write up on this 06 Cup 240. It's a rare bird to begin with being early in the S2 Toyota Cup line up.

We had the pleasure of turning this stock Lotus Cup into a real screamer. It's by far not the most powerful car we've had through here, but the handling is derived from my car and it's a "Recipe" we've done several times now that simply Gets. It. Done.

For those that may may know Hallett, this is a sub 1:20 car there with just 275whp!

More info here: Mike's Racer

Some pics for kicks below.

Happy to answer any questions.

Cheers,

Phil
Attached Images

VisualEchos, RBH, TachItUp and 2 others like this.

Phil: NASA 2012 and 2014 TT1 Central Champion, 2005 GG Elige, Rev400, 485+whp REV X

2011 Pearl White Evora, BOE Skunk Works 6 SPD 435WHP || 2014 Black Evora Skunk Works IPS 390WHP|| 2011 White Evora Skunk Works IPS 390WHP || 2006 CO Elise, Rev400, Steet Car

www.boefab.com: We Build Champions | Products-Service-Advice

BOE ClamHinge | BOE TVS SuperCharging, The Most Powerful Track-Worthy Forced Induction | EFI Engine Management | BOE The Essential Fuel Starve Solution| BOE Lotus Tow Package| BOE New-Tech Lotus Race Engines | The Right Oil Filter for Your Lotus | Custom Lotus ECU Tuning

Pain makes man Think. Thinking makes man Wise. Wisdom makes tracking a Lotus Endurable
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-11-2017, 05:13 AM
Race & Pamper

Phil, that's a HUGE intercooler! The roof scoop is also big to match! Very cool!
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-11-2017, 08:57 AM Thread Starter
Plug Whisperer

Thanks. We love these builds. It's impossible to capture the various custom components on this car, but it's all repeatable and something we've done several times.

Been asked about the brakes in PMs.

The rotors are stock diameter. I've written about this here: Stopping a Lotus on a Dime

The front calipers are on our Radi-Cal brackets and the rears are stock 2 pots with SS pistons. The flying Lizard driver reported back that the brakes on this car are better than what's in his IMSA RSR! Perhaps that's subjective, but nice feedback nevertheless. It's the same setup that's in my 500+hp track car. Love the cheaper, lighter, smaller rotors that fit in 15" wheels. The calipers and manual brake setup are magical.

We do use dropped joints up front. The smaller diameter tires help with roll centers significantly and improve the stock gear ratios (final drive, if you will), which greater improve the trans life as well...

Cheers,

Phil
VisualEchos and ERDoc74 like this.

Phil: NASA 2012 and 2014 TT1 Central Champion, 2005 GG Elige, Rev400, 485+whp REV X

2011 Pearl White Evora, BOE Skunk Works 6 SPD 435WHP || 2014 Black Evora Skunk Works IPS 390WHP|| 2011 White Evora Skunk Works IPS 390WHP || 2006 CO Elise, Rev400, Steet Car

www.boefab.com: We Build Champions | Products-Service-Advice

BOE ClamHinge | BOE TVS SuperCharging, The Most Powerful Track-Worthy Forced Induction | EFI Engine Management | BOE The Essential Fuel Starve Solution| BOE Lotus Tow Package| BOE New-Tech Lotus Race Engines | The Right Oil Filter for Your Lotus | Custom Lotus ECU Tuning

Pain makes man Think. Thinking makes man Wise. Wisdom makes tracking a Lotus Endurable

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-12-2017, 07:07 AM

I wish there were more posts like this. Thank you for putting it up, bad ass.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-12-2017, 10:58 AM

I love this car, and love seeing posts like this. It continues to be my dream to one day drop my car off to you guys to have it done right. One day, one day...
ERDoc74 likes this.

2006 Exige
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Vendors > BOE Fabrication

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in